Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Wonders of Life Pavilion...what do we do?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace?? in the I Remember... forums; Other than that, they really don't have much of a point. Also Chiqita is sponsoring Living with the Land, however the pavilion itself is sponsorless...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

Other than that, they really don't have much of a point. Also Chiqita is sponsoring Living with the Land, however the pavilion itself is sponsorless
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Don't forget The Seas w/Nemo and friends.

That was the first pavilion to lose its sponsorship.

I'm pretty sure the only pavilions left with a sponsor are Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, and Test Track.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

My question wasn't really answered:
    I understand that sponsors help with operating costs, etc., but are they a requirement or merely a luxury?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mainly a luxury, a way for WDW to save a bit of money on running an attraction
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Right. If they were a requirement there wouldn't be four of the seven FW pavilions running without one.

Horizons didn't have one the last few years it was in operation, IIRC.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

...so greed is the reason empty pavilions are allowed to deteriorate in plain sight. That's what I figured all along.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WOL was not very popular even when it was only running seasonally, WDW decided it was not financially wise to keep it up and running. And now it will cost them more to update it or rebuild it.

Also, last year in September WDW filed a notice of Commencement with the OC Comptroller for a selected demolition. So they are doing SOMETHING with it....

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    ...so greed is the reason empty pavilions are allowed to deteriorate in plain sight. That's what I figured all along.
    A greedy corporation?! Stop the presses!

I guess the one nice thing about the sponsorships was that they also artificially kept ticket prices down. Just like farm subsidies artificially keep our gas prices down.

Good with the bad, I suppose.

Heard a Rumor that they want to turn the WOL area into either offices or parking space......that would be awful.

Wow. I'd truly be shocked if they went either of those routes.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Heard a Rumor that they want to turn the WOL area into either offices or parking space......that would be awful.
    That whole area backstage is really a bottleneck and needs to be fixed. The parking behind TT is nuts. As much as they need the parking back in that area it would be shortsighted to flatten a pavilion for parking. Years ago I heard a similar rumor for CoP that has yet to happen. The fan heat they'd take for either.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

The CM parking at EPCOT isnt all that bad. The only issue is that you sometimes have to park far off from the Cast entrance. Which is an issue at all the parks, specifically Westclock at MK, where you park and then have to get into a bus to get to the utilidor.
    When I worked at EPCOT i never had a problem finding a decent spot to park.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    The CM parking at EPCOT isnt all that bad. The only issue is that you sometimes have to park far off from the Cast entrance. Which is an issue at all the parks, specifically Westclock at MK, where you park and then have to get into a bus to get to the utilidor.
    When I worked at EPCOT i never had a problem finding a decent spot to park.
    I was talking about the parking spots around the pavilions/attractions, for the chosen CM's not the general CM parking lot, those handful of spots, double parked and then the bus running through the same areas, not good.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Yeah....management and Imagineering parking. To fix that problem, they need to limit the use of the parking there to Area Managers and executives, and the Guest Service managers need to park at the CM parking.....maybe give them the first couple of rows that they actually earned. Before the management restructure at WDW, there were only a few managers per area, now theres like 8-10 of them in each pavilion, or land, or country, or whatever each park calls them, and they sit in the office and accomplish basicness....but not really much more than that.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast