Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Wonders of Life Pavilion...what do we do?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace?? in the I Remember... forums; In other words they pay 8 people to do the work that 3 or 4 can do.......
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

In other words they pay 8 people to do the work that 3 or 4 can do....
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    In other words they pay 8 people to do the work that 3 or 4 can do....
    And the problem with that too is the top couple are pay decently and the other 6 now split the same basic pot of dollars that use to be only split between only 3, so title that doesn't match salary equals grumpy management.
    froland_04-08 likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Well it depends on the level of GSM. Some of the new ones dont care about the lower pay right away. They are just happy to be Disney Managers
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Indeed. Some are willing to do the work with a token pay increase for the title and titles are a dime a dozen for Disney so they happily pass out those low level management titles.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I was a coordinator for a bit. Its harder to become a Coordinator than a GSM

I was a coordinator for a bit. Its harder to become a Coordinator than a GSM
    Yep, my point exactly.

The only time the GSM's did anything outside of the office is when a ride went down, or when there was a serious guest situation
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Anyone remember the rumors they had about Microsoft taking over the Pavilion?? Back in 2010??

999DoomBuggies is offline A-Ticket holder

restore

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I say restore WoL with some updates. Get rid of The Making of Me, but bring back Cranium Command.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

A lot has been gutted over the last two years. While Body Wars was left intact for many years there isn't much left beyond the hallway and railings. Some pilfering for Star Tours is rumored the fatal blow.

Lets put some perspective into our day dreams of this place coming back. For the most part WoL has been closed the entire time Lou's DisneyWorldTrivia/WDWRadio sight has been in existence. That is how long some of us have been discussing WoL future here. Depressing huh? Nope Disney doesn't move swiftly to rebuild.

In 2001 Met Life pulled out and the place from then on stopped being maintained.

2004 she went seasonal, only when the park was nearing capacity was their idea of seasonal.

It opened one last time at Christmas 2006 and closed again the day after NY's and just faded away, no notice it would never open again seasonally until fans began to wonder and talk yet Disney never announced WoL was closing like they did for Toad and Snow.

Last time I was in the pavilion was in 2007, during the Flower and Garden Festival. It was open for shows and for presentation but that was it. You could still see the entrances to some of the rides, but it was very dismal and nothing was open. Some of my friends have been back in there as recent as last year and they tell me that there really isn't anything left in there. It's almost vacant now. Some areas of the building itself are deteriorating so badly that it has roped off areas. Its really sad to think about.

Last time I was in the pavilion was in 2007, during the Flower and Garden Festival. It was open for shows and for presentation but that was it. You could still see the entrances to some of the rides, but it was very dismal and nothing was open. Some of my friends have been back in there as recent as last year and they tell me that there really isn't anything left in there. It's almost vacant now. Some areas of the building itself are deteriorating so badly that it has roped off areas. Its really sad to think about.
    Yep, there is a YouTube up after Body Wars was gutted out.

It is really sad to see a whole section of a park decomposing that way. Its really sad.

It is really sad to see a whole section of a park decomposing that way. Its really sad.
    Yep, it was a park my kids grew up in and enjoyed in yesteryear. I cannot wrap my brain around Disney's decision to let it go down hill. At a $100 a day per guest, that is some pretty good funding without sponsors.
    froland_04-08 likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast