Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Wonders of Life Pavilion...what do we do?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace?? in the I Remember... forums; I still want to know what they are going to do with it. They had been filing letters of intent with the Comptroller of Orange County and all that has ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

I still want to know what they are going to do with it. They had been filing letters of intent with the Comptroller of Orange County and all that has happened so far is a general gutting. Thats sad and infuriating. I can see them making it into storage for stuff.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

firemedic is online now Premium Annual Passholder

It's very depressing to see how the place has gone down. There's absolutely NO reason for it at all!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

No sponsor means no money, and if something isnt going to bring in the crowds they will let it rot, at least thats what it seems like....
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

However Epcots attendance isn't what it once was except during weekends of Food & Wine and the Flower Show along with a few weeks here and there Christmas, Thanksgiving, Spring Break.

Other than Soarin and Test Track there isn't a real draw for families to Epcot anymore. Soarin itself needs some rehab. Mission has its fans but too many bypass it altogether. There isn't crowd distribution. I saw that one trip when they shut TT for its major rehab while I was down there. Open the first day and closed the balance.

Uni has stated that Transformers since it opened has the park seeing around a 20% increase in attendance most weeks since that new attraction went online. Many tourists are putting off visiting the Uni parks until their new attractions all go online next year. I'm sure the new HP will be a huge draw again to the two Uni parks. Their value resort should be open before that. Epcot and/or DHS could be skip-able for returning tourists for what is scheduled at the Uni parks. So I don't get Disney's decision to let their product go down hill. For that matter dump huge amounts of funding into DTD and Magic Bands.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I still want to know what they are going to do with it. They had been filing letters of intent with the Comptroller of Orange County and all that has happened so far is a general gutting.
    Ooops forgot this. The permits file in conjunction with the intent to the county has been demo of signage and old attractions within the building along with limited new signage for Food and Wine and Flower Show. I was in there in 2012 for the Flower and Garden and they removed all the attraction signing in put in some generic signage for tastings and lectures. Even with the new signage anyone who had visited it often enough in its heyday can tell exactly what was what then. The mini store that CPs were assigned was in the area of baseball cage and bicycle tour attractions.

My guess is they will do nothing with this building for a while, hope I am wrong. I can see them fixing Imagination first. And they have a lot of capital going into Springs along with the likely, partial update of DHS. Can't see them spending too much more with My Experience coming next to Disneyland.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Havent stopped in here for a while......anyone out there hear of anything new?? I know Imagination is going down, and with a new sponsor they are going to get some work done. Anyone hear of anyone sponsoring this area?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Here is some body wars for ya, March 2014.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-11-2014 at 08:38 AM.

I miss Body Wars

jenniferkaufman is offline A-Ticket holder

I wish they'd restore it, for sure! The whole pavilion is what made Epcot my favorite park my first trip. It baffles me that in this day and age with so much focus on health and fitness that they can't find a sponsor.... which leads me to believe maybe they just aren't working on it.

Very good point! There's a company out there that would love to have that kind of advertisement!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I sure miss Body Wars and Cranium Command.

Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I do not know if they will do much with it... apparently it does really well for them as the central location for Flower and Garden and such... sad though because it could be soo much more...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Yeah.....wouldnt it be nice to be able to have some attractions in there, rather than depressing inoperable relics?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I do not know if they will do much with it... apparently it does really well for them as the central location for Flower and Garden and such... sad though because it could be soo much more...
    I was in there for the F&G show in April. Tables and Shelves set up right along side the adandoned areas. Handful of guests in there, College Program students stuck in there bored out of their minds. They set up some chairs and do some special events but even that is depressing.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

There is already the Millenial exibition hall that could be used as a convention space.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast