Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Wonders of Life Pavilion...what do we do?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace?? in the I Remember... forums; Ok folks, the WOL has been sitting nearly dormant for way too long. All it is used for is space to hold conventions, and I feel that it isn't justified!! ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

Ok folks, the WOL has been sitting nearly dormant for way too long. All it is used for is space to hold conventions, and I feel that it isn't justified!!

So I want to hear some ideas!!

We could always restore it to the former glory it once had- or we could remove it all together and start from scratch....

Or we could find a way to use the original pavilion to host a brand new theme!! Something that will bring attention of all people to a remote empty corner of the park.....

Any thoughts??
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Re: Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

I was thinking of something new, in the same pavilion, and following in healthcare to keep with its history. We can explore healthcare technology and how its come so far as to have robots that help with surgery!! We can explore the body in new attractions, have new shows about hygiene, and even educational exhibits about selected illnesses and how they are treated, such as diabetes and cancer....

Thats just one of the several ideas that I have in my head...
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Just added a poll!!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm not opposed to that idea, but I like your other one about a subterranean-themed pavilion more.

froland_04-08 likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I've been it it twice recently, not good. Just like a house that is left to rot and is water damaged it just isn't worth restoring. Starting over often costs less.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I do agree that a subterranian theme would benefit the park alot, since we already have the seas and the agriculture aspect, not to mention the flying part. But how would it fit into that side of the park? you have spaceflight, energy, and auto technology in that side

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, it could be argued that earth, sea, and space should all be together, I suppose. But they aren't and it still works, right?

What about merging it with the energy pavilion? Hey, the oil used for energy comes from underground.

Hmmmm...

Very solid point.

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Lightbulb Re: Wonders Of Life Pavilion....Restore, Remove, or Replace??

If the building has deteriorated that badly, it certainly would make more sense to tear it down and start over.

How about bringing back "World of Motion" or "Horizons"?
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

I'd love to have World of Motion back, but I'm afraid it likely wouldn't be very popular. It wasn't terribly popular at the time it closed.

I agree^^^ Those two attractions were great in their heyday but todays crowds arent really going to be that into it. I think the best thing they could do is start over fresh, and it probably would be best to demolish the whole thing rather than rebuild the pavilion itself.

Yeah, I'd have to second that.

As sad as it is to say, I think the day of the dark ride being a popular draw is coming to an end. Unless it's something partially thrill-based like Test Track or Dinosaur.

There are some timeless classics like Spaceship Earth/Haunted Mansion/Peter Pan's Flight which will live on forever, but for the most part it's a theme park genre that is quickly becoming extinct.

Horizons and World of Motion were walk ons at the end, and Journey has been suffering the same fate for many years. Even the new Little Mermaid ride will never see lines that justify the queue.

I worked at Journey for a while. I miss the days of HISTA. I loved working at HISTA during extra magic hours
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I worked at Journey for a while. I miss the days of HISTA. I loved working at HISTA during extra magic hours
    I've never figured out why so many folks were down on HISTA. My wife and I saw it not too long after it opened and we thought it was a hoot!

As for Journey, you know, I saw that right after it opened in '83, and even at the age of 12 I wasn't a fan of it. Can't put my finger on why, but it just never did anything for me. I loved the upstairs "arcade", especially the mega cool pin tables, but the ride was always blah, IMO. Though next to World of Motion, it was the coolest looking pavilion.

I was also never a huge fan of Horizons. I went there shortly after it opened, and it was closed for the day. The next time I went it was also closed for the day. I finally rode it in the late 80's, and maybe I had built up too high of expectations for it, but it also left me somewhat unimpressed. Which is odd, because I've always loved the retro-futuristic/futuristic offerings at WDW. It wasn't a bad ride, just didn't blow me away.

It's really bizarre how Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey Into Imagination quickly fell out of favor, yet Spaceship Earth remains one of the most beloved and iconic rides on property. There's not a heck of a lot of difference between them!

I miss the upstairs Imageworks. When I worked at the Imagination pavilion we went up there a few times, everything they left in there is just sitting around gathering dust. Its sad really. They dont wear the colorful shirt anymore either since EO came back.

I suppose what I miss the most were the spieling positions. I also miss just kinda standing around during slow emh nights. Hista was also the place where all the 3d glasses on property went to be cleaned. I loved doing that. The glasses machine was down in the maintenance bay for Journey.
    HauntedGabe and Mo Noyz like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast