Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Bring Back E-Nite!! in the I Remember... forums; Your right mickeymaster. i read it in one of the vacation disney world books and i questioned about that. But now they have the "extra hours benefit" from the happiest ...
    disneydancer06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Your right mickeymaster. i read it in one of the vacation disney world books and i questioned about that. But now they have the "extra hours benefit" from the happiest celebration on Earth started in May 2005. This kind of takes the place of it.
    Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are Forever.
    - Erika

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yeo there pretty much the same thing excpet extra magic hour is way more crowded
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

WDWHoneymooner is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved E-nite rides. My husband and I went to an E-nite on our honeymoon. When we were there, we wore our Mickey and Minnie wedding ears. We got to use a secret passage to get onto Space Mountain. And what's best, we got on again, and again and again. And never had to wait in line. I am all for E-Nite rides. I thought it was great.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Why have E-nights and charge $12.50 when you can have a party (Pirates and Princesses, MVMCP, MNSSHP) and charge $50 and up! They make a lot more this way.

I prefer to go early, get as much done as possible and then go to bed early. We were more successful when we were off property and just made sure we were there early.

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    AAHH, I remember them....that was awesome. It was like being a celebrity, because the crowds were so small!

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hmmmm... guess the core question here is whether Disney has enough for this mass of people to do at night. MK, Epcot's Future World and HS close as early as 7, AK and the waterparks as early as 5, and activity alternatives such as Disney Quest and mini golf attract limited numbers of people, so that's a ton of people pouring out of parks and looking for something else to do, and funneling them into an Extra Magic Hours at one park is going to bring crowds similar to daytime no matter how you slice it. Closing the night clubs wil make that worse. The proposed nighttime development for Animal Kingdom would help, but I do think they need to relax hours somewhat even in off season (why should people pay the same price to get as much as five hours less in a park per day?) and offer some major nighttime shows around the property to relieve some of the pressure off EMH.

Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    Maybe its just when I go to disney world but, (Feb, May, Nov) We Love the EMH. The park is so slow, WE took a pic on main st and there is nobody on mais st but us an like 5 other people we did pirates 10 times in a row with zero wait. The only place there was a wait was Fantasyland for peter an snow white both were a half hour. Everything else had zero wait. This was the same for everypark for the whole 8 days we were there.
    New DVC Member (Bay Lake Tower)

New D23 Member

My Disney Trips...

Feb.. 2002 Allstar Music

Feb.. 2007 Allstar Movie

May.. 2008 off site (never again)

Nov.. 2008 Allstar Sports

Jun.. 2009 Saratoga Springs (free dvc points)

0ct.. 2009 (new dvc member) Bay Lake Tower

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I never liked the E ticket nights on principle.

Why should a guest have to pay extra money for something that used to be free? During the first two decades of WDW, the parks stayed open later during the busy months. MK was regularly open until Midnight - 1 am for everyone, not just the resort guests. It was definitely less crowded about an hour after the Main St. Electrical Parade ended until the park closed. EPCOT Center also used to stay open later during the Summer and holiday seasons.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

GussGuss36 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I gotta say when I went this past Feb from the 4th-11th, we had no issues & LOVED the EMH. Our last night MK was open until 2am!!! that was a sunday night in February. We rode BTMR & when it was over the cast member said "just stay on if you wanna keep riding". We had little or no wait for haunted mansion, pirates, space mt. The only one that seem to have a long wait was the Astro Orbiter, which was probably because of the elevator & low ride capacity. I mean, given this was early Feb that is probably why we had a good experience. Now, if we went on presidents day weekend when all the kids are off from school, then I bet we wouldn't have been so lucky.

comedy4cast is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved E-Nights. It was the only time I would ever attempt to ride the Astro Orbiter.
    Clinton
    comedy4cast.com
    DLR: '84, '85, '96, '02, '05, '06-x2, '07-x2, '08x2
    WDW: '92, '98, '00, '06, ('08 ), ('10)
    DLP: '02
    TDL: '07

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Now it's my turn,
    First of all,I have never experienced the E-nite at Disney,so I cannot compare it to EMH.I have done EMH though,and if my memory serves,it was quite nice and no line wait was more than 10 min.
    Now,I am on my soapboxon't you people think Disney gets enough of our hard-earned money?Or,is money simply no object to you people when it comes to Disney?
    Think about it.They have raised the prices so much over the last ten years,that the magic of being there is GONE!When it costs a family of four over $800.00 for tix to all four parks,WITHOUT PARK HOPPING,then something is terribly wrong!GREED! That is ALL it is!My first trip to Disneyworld was in 1986.My wife and I paid,maybe $35-40 each,which is still too much.What's changed to the point that they have to charge somebody nearly $100 a ticket to go to the same exact place and do practically the same things,with exceptions,as it cost even before I went there in 1986?Again,nothing but GREED!
    So,as I read it,you people would prefer to put more money in Disney's pocket just for three hours?Makes no sense to me.Don't get me wrong,I LOVE Disney,I LOVE going to the parks.We go in Oct and the crowds are quite minimal.We wait no longer than 15-20 min for anything!The longest we have ever waited for a ride was 30 min,that was Splash Mtn.Still,not too bad.Also,we just completed our 10th year in a row,and we have gone to MK and Ep every trip and alternated the other two parks into our trips from year to year.I remember several times,after going a few years,we could do MK by 5:00-6:00 each time and actually be finished with it,because we knew what to bypass and what we wanted to wait for again and again.Did we leave that early,not necessarily,but we could have if we chose to.
    My point is,why be willing to put more money in Disney's pocket just for three hours,when certain times of the year,the crowds are so small,that regular hours is plenty enough?
    We did the Mickey's Halloween night one year,and yeah,I DID pay the extra money,but was it worth it? Not at all.With all of the "colored" lights,I guess for atmosphere,OOOOH,it made it quite difficult to see very well.That was from 7:00 to 12:00.It was over in no time,we did not enjoy it as much,I was out near $100.00,and the next day,I bought us a one day ticket to go back to MK during the daylight hours and had a blast!
    Ok.I am off of my soapbox now.
    Park Hopper Dad!

comedy4cast is offline A-Ticket holder
    I seem to remember that E-ticket nights were at no extra charge. They were just something associated with on-property stays or something like that. However, I could be remembering that incorrectly.
    Clinton
    comedy4cast.com
    DLR: '84, '85, '96, '02, '05, '06-x2, '07-x2, '08x2
    WDW: '92, '98, '00, '06, ('08 ), ('10)
    DLP: '02
    TDL: '07

luvsfigment is offline A-Ticket holder
    E-Ticket nights are some of our favorite memories of WDW. My parents are teachers, so we could only ever go in the crazy summer crowds. To pay that extra money and have the parks deserted was perfect for us, as we would never get to see them that way otherwise.

One of my favorite memories is of sitting at the tables outside of the Plaza eating ice cream, listening to the background music, and watching the few people lingering on Main Street. It was like they opened the MK just for the 4 of us.

D23

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12