Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which attraction should NOT have been replaced? in the I Remember... forums; I really liked that one too (IYHW). I still remember the theme song fondly......
    huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I really liked that one too (IYHW). I still remember the theme song fondly...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    The Diamond Horseshoe revue

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder
    JC,
    I seem to recall Eastern as well - then again I was pretty young back then (pre-teen).

Pipper

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are several rides/attractions that I miss: Mission to Mars, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the old Tropical Serenade/Tiki Room (without Iago/Zazu), Star Jets, Skyway, Grand Prix Raceway, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Mickey Mouse Review, Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, Main Street Electrical Parade, and Alien Encounter.

The good news is that my wife and I went to Disneyland last month and were pleasantly surprised to find that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the old Tiki Room (without Iago/Zazu), and the Electrical Parade were still in operation.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 08-21-2004 at 06:14 PM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Jacknife...

First, let me say Welcome!! on behalf of everyone here at DWT.com!!

Second - nicely said! I agree about misisng all of the same attractions as you. Now, being older and able to appreciate more, I wis the Skywas open more than ever!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipper
    JC,
    I seem to recall Eastern as well - then again I was pretty young back then (pre-teen).

Pipper
    Yes, it was Eastern; found the answer in Lou's book!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Disney_God is offline A-Ticket holder
    Mr. Toad and Alien Encounter.
    Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me....

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Bumping this one back up!!
    Lou Mongello

DznyDreaming is offline A-Ticket holder
    If You Had Wings was one of my favs too and part of it WAS because it was free so you could ride it over and over. It was like a sweet little bonus. Boy I am glad you do not have to have tickets for individual rides...that was something!
    I also miss the original Tikki Room.. the newer edition just does not do it for me.
    ~Cindy

I originally didn't like the new Tiki Room, partly because I'm a sentimental fool, and don't like the original attractions "updated" (i.e. messed up). However, Iago and Zazu have begun to grow on me (although I can do withour the oh-so-bad hip-hop rap part of the show. Ugh.
    Lou Mongello

DznyDreaming is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to admit that I really do love Zazu and Iago...I even have a stuffed Zazu...but still....I am not sure what it is....I miss something but cannot put my finger on it...

Maybe I need to take a trip down there and figure out what it is!

~Cindy

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I still think that they ruined the Tiki room by adding Zazu and Iago..

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    They really need to being back the Skyway...anyone know why they took it away? My dad would always tell me what rides we were passing over, and it was cool to see how big the buildings for certain rides are.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

contence is offline A-Ticket holder

Ur reason

The reason why they took the skyway away was to kept a secret but my dad knew. They said it was because of all the deaths surrounding the attraction. They really just needed to make it safer. It was one of the most popular attractions.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    The thing I always remember about IYHW was going on it in the middle of the HOT afternoon. My parents wanted a break from the opressive Florida heat so they took us on it. I did like the ride though. But I have to say that Buzz is a good alternative to it.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast