Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which attraction should NOT have been replaced? in the I Remember... forums; i have to to with horizons, mr. toad, world of motion(even though i love test track), and i know it's not closed but the old figment!!! poor dreamfinder, reduced to ...
    GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have to to with horizons, mr. toad, world of motion(even though i love test track), and i know it's not closed but the old figment!!! poor dreamfinder, reduced to a name on the door
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Billie is offline D-Ticket Holder

Figment!!

"What about science.. science.... science? What about science.. science... science...? What about science... science... science..?"

Anyone remember that from Figment? I miss the old Figment too...

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    [QUOTE=Billie]"What about science.. science.... science? What about science.. science... science...? What about science... science... science..?"

how could i not remember that! i thought it was funny to see people's pictures at the end and to see who's first time on the ride it was by their expressions
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow

I would have to say I miss Delta Dreamflight the most. I am not sure why but I had always loved that ride. I tried to download the version from this site but it only plays a few seconds. Once I had that music in my head again, it was like I remembered the whole ride. Mr. Toad's wild ride is also a close second.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    My trips in my younger years were usually several years apart, and now they are so frequent. So the new stuff kind of feels like the old stuff to me. I don't remember them pulling attractions so much as I remember them putting new ones in. Like I remember very clearly being at WDW while Splash Mtn was being constructed (they couldn't hide a mountain behind a green wall, no matter how high it was!). And I remember being at AK on opening Day. I tend to remember the new attractions and when they went in, and totally forget what was in their place before that.

I do have some pretty fond memories of a number of the older ones too, but most are very faint rememberences of small portions of each of the rides and shows. I remember 20KLUTS, but remember very little of it, so it's hard to say I really miss it. I miss Dreamfinder in the old Imagination ride. There are a few 3D movies I remember seeing but can't really say I miss. The same went with Dreamflight (in all its many names). I remember liking Horizons, and I do remember a bit more of that one, so I guess you could say I miss that one. Some of the more recent ones I have a better recollection of, such as The Lion King. There are so many rides and attractions that this thread has brought back faint memories of, but I think if I were going to say there was one ride I miss the most (probably because I remember the most... rode it ALL the time) was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. As much as the Pooh ride is really cute, I miss Toad! "Oh bother!"

Of course, if we start talking in terms of parades, my all time favorite was without question the "Remember the Magic" Parade (as if you couldn't tell by my signature!), with the original "Main Street Electrical Parade" as runner up. Miss them both soooooo much. I was also crushed when I heard "Fantasy In The Sky" was ending. Loved that for all my Disney years. But I have to admit that "Wishes" is doing an excellent job of giving me goosbumps and bringing tears to my eyes each time I watch it.

Haha... just remembering that on my first trip at 3 years old, the fireworks scared the **** out of me! They were pretty... but oh so loud!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I really miss... and I know this will probably sound cheesey, but I don't care, If You Had Wings and 20,000 Leagues.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Um, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I know, took Mr. Toad away, and now there's a chance he could take over 20K's lagoon. I see why they might do this, to sell more merchandise. But, if they told me they needed to sell more mechandise, I would have bought Mr.Toad figurines!!! Also, a large deal of the replacement was the **** scene. I'm sure a lot of parents weren't pleased with Disney for that scene. Thank you for listening to my rambling.

*steps down from soap box*
    Izzy

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

dream flight

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy81
    I would have to say I miss Delta Dreamflight the most. I am not sure why but I had always loved that ride. I tried to download the version from this site but it only plays a few seconds. Once I had that music in my head again, it was like I remembered the whole ride. Mr. Toad's wild ride is also a close second.

-Scott
    Honestly, Dreamflight was just an "okay" ride but nostalgic for me because I remember riding it over....and over....and over.....(no line) while waiting for my family to ride Space Mountain (I'm a chicken...I'll ride it now though but I still don't like it!)

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Unhappy The ORIGINAL Journey Into Imagination

What has now replaced JII is quite replulsive and I agree with all those that believe the original ride should have never been messed with.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Mouse Ears is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd say Mr. Toad's wild ride, the old tiki room, and ExtraTERRORestrial alien encounter. The new tiki room is mostly just Iago which is okay I guess, but I miss the song. And Mr.Toad's, I remember the part where you thought you were going to run into the wall. I was heartbroken when they closed it *sniff* :'(
    <-This mouse is my hero
    <-This mouse is my homeland
    <-This mouse is dessert
    <-This mouse has my ears!

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    I miss mr.toad's wild ride becuase i remember using the steering wheel even if i couldn't drive the ride
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by judycats
    oh and thanks Lou for the great videos from the old rides! its almost like reliving them again (even if i never saw them before)
    What videos?
    I just love World of Warcraft.

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder

forever in my heart...

Penny Arcade
    Horizons
    Original Journey Into Imagination
    World of Motion (remember the view of EPCOT you had before the ride vehicle entered the building?)
    If You Had Wings
    and one more that isn't really an attraction - but I miss it soooo much:
    the Illuminations show before the "Reflections of Earth" they have now.

It was so wonderful to hear the greetings in the languages of the pavilions at the beginning, and the soundtrack was awesome. Thank goodness I still have it on my computer. But I can never have the fireworks...
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hmm...

Last time I was there (this past July) I looked around in the Tiki Room, and I don't really notice anything missing. What I mean is, I think they just added to it when they redid the show, I don't know that they took anything out. My point being, they may be able to run the original show program and it still work. Does anyone know of anything they definitely removed from the building that was present in the original show? I know there's stuff they don't really *use* in the new one, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not there. I didn't notice anything missing, but I may not be remembering something.

Wouldn't it be cool if once a day they ran the original show, preshow and all?

PS: Is the Tiki Room barker bird gone? I don't remember if it is or not. I know the Pirates one is gone. Those need to be brought back.
    Last edited by vowell1055; 09-18-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast