Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which attraction should NOT have been replaced? in the I Remember... forums; there useta be a Villains Dinner???????? that would be awesome!...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    there useta be a Villains Dinner???????? that would be awesome!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    there useta be a Villains Dinner???????? that would be awesome!
    Oh, yes. It was at the 1900 Park Faire and it was the best. Then they allowed Pooh to take over..Boy, was I mad. Now, its Cindy. Meh...I miss my Villains.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Wow! I would love to eat at a Villians Dinner!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I miss Mr. Toad... it was my favorite ride when I was a kid, and I'm sad it was replaced by Pooh. Also, the Main Street Electrical Parade was my favorite Disney parade. I suppose I'll have to drag myself out to CA in order to experience a wee bit of my childhood again....

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    Mr. Toad - Pooh is fine, but he ain't The Toad.

Magic Journeys - every 3-D movie that's followed it just doesn't measure up.

If You Had Wings - I had all the A and D tickets, and my sister and cousin got all the E tickets; therefore, I rode this and the carousel while they were on Space Mountain. I miss the Dunns River Falls scene terribly.
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

I agree with Magic Journey's ... the song was so catchy.
    Ellura

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Too many to say...I miss Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, The oringal Imagination...I could go on forever. I really think Disney should build on things instead of replacing them. They have enough land to do that!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by nrose101
    Too many to say...I miss Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, The oringal Imagination...I could go on forever. I really think Disney should build on things instead of replacing them. They have enough land to do that!
    I know people have mentioned this before but what about a whole seperate park dedicated to the good ole' rides. Wow..imagine what we could bring back. I think the demand is there, ::sigh:: but it won't happen. Can't help but imagine though!!!

Horizons, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Kitchen Kaberet, The original Journey...and thats just for EPCOT!!!!!
    Ellura

KlarkKent007 is offline A-Ticket holder

Missed...

Horizons
    World of Motion
    Journey Into Imagination
    Kitchen Kabaret
    Spaceship Earth Exit
    Mickey Mouse Review
    Diamond Horseshoe
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Skyway
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    If You Had Wings
    Timekeeper
    Main Street Cinema
    Main Street Magic Shoppe
    The Walt Disney Story

If only they understood what these mean to us

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKent007
    If only they understood what these mean to us
    Its true. All these rides, hold so many memories.
    Ellura

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellura
    Oh, yes. It was at the 1900 Park Faire and it was the best. Then they allowed Pooh to take over..Boy, was I mad. Now, its Cindy. Meh...I miss my Villains.

Someone needs to get Pooh under control. HE took over ANOTHER thing? Where will the madness end!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Someone needs to get Pooh under control. HE took over ANOTHER thing? Where will the madness end!
    I agree Snw. Personally, I am a little Pooh'ed out.
    Ellura

PsychoTyco244 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was little we went to Disney World all the time, and my absolute favorite ride was Journey into the Immagination. But we stoped going to Florida inorder to go to Texas and Kentucky for 5 years. When we came back in about 2001, I immediatly wanted to go back to see my ride, but it was closed for remodeling. I tried again the next year, but needless to say, it was still closed. Finally I got to ride my ride, and I must say, I was very disapointed. I still love Figment, but I was heart broken to see my all time favorite ride changed...

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hellooo, Captian EO, anyone? I know... "what a dork!" but when i went to WDW for the first time in 1984, i was 7 and a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. anybody remember what the name of that little flying thing was in that flick?

too bad that MJ would have been a big fan of me at that age...

I miss Toad for all the same reasons as you, as well as one more.
    When i was on the CP working in Fantasyland foods, we had to take our cash drawers to a cash count office in the back of Mrs.Potts ice cream shop, and count out at the end of the day. we sat a a long desk that ran the length of a wall in that room. on the other side of that wall was the trainbwreck scene of Mr. Toad's! about every 30 seconds or so you would hear little kids screaming! the first time i had to count out there, i couldnt function, cause i busted out laughing each time someone screamed!!!

I also miss Hook's Tavern and the Little Big Top, specifically because i worked there. Hook's is gone, and LBT has become Scuttles Landing, but they dont serve the snowcones i used to make there. My 2 favorite guest questions ever and thier attendant answers were produced at that food location. we used to get lots of brightly colored snowcone syrup on our costumes... accidentally and on purpose! people would look at that, and then look at their kids... then ask "does that stuff wash out?" my answer, which quickly became the standard answer "nope, but the fairy godmother has a spell that gets rid of it quickly." (if pressed, we would assure the folks that it does, indeed wash out easily)

the other... the sticky sweet syrup attracted quite a few Yellow Jacket wasps. they buzz around quite a bit. now, i am severely allergic to them, but i quickly realized that they were far more interested in eating than stinging. as long as you didnt try to squish em, they were quite easy to shoo away. i used to put some syrup in the palm of my hand allow them to land and eat. folks would ask "dont they sting?" "nope, they are freindly, magic bees that wont sting unless you try to hurt them."

Good times.

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoTyco244
    When I was little we went to Disney World all the time, and my absolute favorite ride was Journey into the Immagination. But we stoped going to Florida inorder to go to Texas and Kentucky for 5 years. When we came back in about 2001, I immediatly wanted to go back to see my ride, but it was closed for remodeling. I tried again the next year, but needless to say, it was still closed. Finally I got to ride my ride, and I must say, I was very disapointed. I still love Figment, but I was heart broken to see my all time favorite ride changed...
    I am totally with you on that one. And now that I have seen Stitch's Great Escape where Alien Encounter used to be...it would be inappropriate for me to say what I REALLY think but......GRRRRRRRR. (not to be confused with ARRRRRRG ) What a complete travesty. I almost cried. (I did cry over Figment).

~Mia~
    Last edited by miakoda; 12-30-2005 at 02:05 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast