Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Which attraction should NOT have been replaced? in the I Remember... forums; The Main Street Electrical Parade!!!...
    sadizney is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Main Street Electrical Parade!!!

DL trips: April '88, Oct '91, June '95, Aug '95

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

CampgroundPixie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Mr. Toad
    Captain EO
    Original Journey Into Imagination
    Dreamworks
    Horizons
    Skyride
    Life Pavillon (only open on occaision now)
    Communicore East and West

And a few things outside of the actual parks...

decent transportation system (We stood in the cold for 45 minutes 2 weeks ago waiting for a bus at TTC! ::growl:
    Marshmallow Marsh (Fort Wilderness)
    River Country
    Discovery Island
    Train at Fort Wilderness
    Petting zoo at Fort Wilderness (the current excuse for a petting zoo is a joke!)
    Aimee

sadizney is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I preferred "Original Journey Into Imagination" too.

DL trips: April '88, Oct '91, June '95, Aug '95

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CampgroundPixie
    Discovery Island
    OMG- I cant believe i forgot about DI. I used to go over there and take naps. IMHO, it was the most relaxing place on Property.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    A couple of these "replaced" attractions can be found at Disneyland. When I went this past summer, I was pleasently surprised to find the original Tiki Room & Mr. Toad's wild ride! Of course, they didn't have IYHW or AE, or Horizons, but there are still a few out there. We got to canoe around Frontierland in real canoes! The penny arcade & the Main Street Cinema are still where they should be as well!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

tarquin1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Original Journey Into Imagination
    i miss that one...........
    To all who come to this happy place......

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know I am going a little off the reservation from everyone elses choice, but mine has to be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I loved the movie and being in that submarine and underwater as a kid made me feel that I could turn and see Kirk Douglas sitting beside me. I first took my kids to WDW in 2000 and was disappointed to find that we had missed by about a year being able to have them have the same experience. Aw well, we can still listen to "Whale of a Tale" and relive the memory.

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    A couple of these "replaced" attractions can be found at Disneyland. When I went this past summer, I was pleasently surprised to find the original Tiki Room & Mr. Toad's wild ride! Of course, they didn't have IYHW or AE, or Horizons, but there are still a few out there. We got to canoe around Frontierland in real canoes! The penny arcade & the Main Street Cinema are still where they should be as well!
    I know, and that is one of the reasons why I want to make a trip to DLR SO BAD!!! I have only been once, when I was about 7....I would love to see the old attractions like Mr. Toad and the new ones that WDW does not have (like Indiana Jones).

And Mikesoccer....I miss 20,000 Leagues too! I used to love how the submarine looked on the inside, "so realistic" (of course as a kid, I didn't know they were "real" submarines LOL). My favorite part was going under the waterfall, I don't know why. It was just cool! I really wish they would do something with the lagoon....I hate seeing it there with the ride tracks and all still there, makes me sad/nostalgic. I know why they had to get rid of the ride (no handicapped accessibility and too expensive to keep the water clean) so I can understand this one...I still dont' know what on Earth made them change Journey into Imagination! Yes, years later and I am still burned up over that one. Ever notice how long the lines are for that ride now? Well, probably not b/c there NEVER IS A LINE. I remember waiting in long lines for that ride back when it was cool, and when the new junky ride first opened (b/c it was new). Now that everyone knows what the ride is like, you can walk right on. I only go on if I need a nap. And imageworks was SO much better before, now it's like "okay I can take a digital picture, turn myself into a cat, and email it to someone. Wow".
    Whoopee, I can do that at home.

~Mia~ (I promise, someday I'll stop complaining about JI, but no day soon!)

P.S. probably a stupid question but what is IYHW?

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think they did do something with lagoon. I'm pretty sure they filled it in and made it into a Pooh themed play spot...

Karamie

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    I think they did do something with lagoon. I'm pretty sure they filled it in and made it into a Pooh themed play spot...

OH yeah, last time I was there I saw the pooh area, but I did not know they filled it in! I guess I didn't notice...I thought the Pooh area was in front of the lake, but I didn't look very closely. That's sad that it's filled in
    The water was pretty...

~M

KlarkKent007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    P.S. probably a stupid question but what is IYHW?
    IYHW=
    If
    You
    Had
    Wings

It was located where the Buzz Lightyear ride is now

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    There are sooo many attractions I want back...
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

haunted mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would like to second the nomination for 20,000 leagues, seems like people just totally forgot about this awesome ride. It might just be the youth too, sad to say I only rode this ride back in 1980 when I was just 8 years old. At that time this ride seemed like the coolest thing in the park. just to look at that big empty space now makes me just a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKent007
    IYHW=
    If
    You
    Had
    Wings

It was located where the Buzz Lightyear ride is now
    Thanks I remember it when it was called "Dreamflight", I would ride it over and over while my family rode space mountain (I was too scared) and there was no line for DF! LOL.

Love Ariel is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would say, I miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride. It was kind of cheesy, but still magical

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast