Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Weirdest memory connection in the I Remember... forums; This probably sounds really strange but the smell of noxzema face wash reminds me of my first trip to WDW. I got horribly sunburnt and my mother insisted on slathering ...
    SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    This probably sounds really strange but the smell of noxzema face wash reminds me of my first trip to WDW. I got horribly sunburnt and my mother insisted on slathering it on me.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    For some reason, underground subways and places with old gears and must smells remind me of Spaceship Earth. As a kid, that's what I remember the most about that ride; how it smelled. Now when I go on it as an adult, I always remember those smells.

The mustiness of Pirates of the Carribean is always such a distinct smell for me too, as well as the oranges on Horizons, of course. I haven't been on Soarin' yet, but I'm sure when I soar over the orange groves in January, I'll have Horizons flashbacks.

Another smell that gets me is pool water. Sometimes, it'll remind me of the smells on "it's a small world."

This is great topic, and I'll have to post more when I think of them.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

I don't know if anyone has an Einstein Bros. Bagel shop near them, but whenever I go there, I have to get the Club Mex sandwich, which is smoked turkey, bacon, spicey mayo, onion, and pepper-jack cheese.

For some reason, this sandwich reminds me of the way the food court in The Land smells. My guess is the smoked turkey, but every time I get the sandwich, I think I'm eating right next to Living With the Land.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    The student village at mt University has an Einstein's on the ground floor. I lived off of that stuff for 2 1/2 years (seeing as after 9pm, which is when i thrive... the only place open on campus to grab a bite was this little bagel shop). I ate there so much I got sick of it. Same limited menu items day in and day out.

Gah! I'm so very glad I don't associate WDW with Einstein's.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My deoderent smells like the AA Bre'r Rabbit that is hopping in Sm.

Pretty good sure as your'e born! Sorry had put that in!
    I just love World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by JEV4
    My deoderent smells like the AA Bre'r Rabbit that is hopping in Sm.

Pretty good sure as your'e born! Sorry had put that in!
    I love, love, love "How Do Ya' Do?" - Best WDW attraction song ever!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Now THAT is random!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    For me, sometimes I get the right whiff off of an escalator or something similar, and it brings me back to the smell of any rubber moving walkway in WDW. Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, etc.

I love when it happens, but it also makes me sad that I'm not in WDW.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i second the horions orange smell and the burning of rome...whenever i'm near a charcoal bbq or something that produces that smell it takes me right to SE..i was walking today and i totally smelled being on mainstreet...someone must have been eating popcorn or something.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Belle of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was little, Journry into Imagination was my favorite Epcot ride (If not my favorite), and I always thought that it smelled like fingernail polish remover when you entered the buidling. When ever I open a bottle, "One Little Spark" gets stuck in my head. (But in a good way!)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle of WDW
    When I was little, Journry into Imagination was my favorite Epcot ride (If not my favorite), and I always thought that it smelled like fingernail polish remover when you entered the buidling. When ever I open a bottle, "One Little Spark" gets stuck in my head. (But in a good way!)
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Whenever I see a bus it reminds me of WDW.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Usually after a big rain storm that's when I think of Disney.... The smell of the rain....
    That and whenever i smell a fireplace it reminds me on the egyptian scene in SSE

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I have a few, mostly odors... popcorn always puts me right on Main Street... there's a specific odor that I remember from the hallways of the Polynesian when my family used to stay there. I don't know what it was but I'll occassionally smell it in other hotels.... the smoky "Rome burning" smell...

Also, my sister and I took a trip just the two of us in 2001. While waiting in line at the Comedy Warehouse we became friendly with these two guys in front of us. During the show they did a skit that involved the Love Boat theme song and the 4 of us were singing that song all night. I was a bit interested in one of the guys but we left PI that night and that was that. The next day in MGM one of the background songs that are played in the park happened to be Love Boat. My sister and I were hysterical, but it got even weirder when we walked into Who Wants to be a Millionaire and ended up sitting right behind these 2 guys again! They invited us to hang out again that night, but our father was coming down and we were all leaving Disney the next day. To make a long story short, I never saw him again, but the Love Boat always reminds me of that trip and that guy.

But the oddest one I used to have involved busses. I used to live in a suburb of Boston and take a commuter bus downtown for work everyday. Sometimes when I got off the bus, when the weather was just right, I would get the same sensation I get getting off the bus at one of the parks. I think it was probably the fact that the bus was always crowded and as soon as those doors opened it was every man, woman, and child for themselves. People wanted to be out of the bus asap and all started walking in the same direction as a mob. It was just like the mad rush to be the first to the turnstiles.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

mountainflowers is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow i thought i was the only person with these memories/ reminders....wow. the smell of the colleseum burning in rome... and the heat/ humidity of being at disney!!!!ahhhhh
    Elizabeth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast