Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Weirdest memory connection in the I Remember... forums; I know this is an out of this world weird post but it deals with something that happened to me today, i was peeling an orange, and i got a ...
    MilltownFigment is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Weirdest memory connection

I know this is an out of this world weird post but it deals with something that happened to me today, i was peeling an orange, and i got a big whiff of it triggering the memory of the part in Horizons , when your shown the desert colony and there is the strong scent of oranges. Plus who can forget the smell of hickory smoked sausage in the fall of rome scene on Spaceship Earth. these are but two examples that come to mind. Enjoy

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    The smell of the deodorant I use and Coppertone Sport sunscreen...always makes me think "Disney World"...
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sunscreen makes me remember going on a Disney Cruise in 91. Also reminds me of Typhoon Lagoon which we went to on that trip also.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    When we were at the Opryland Hotel last year one of the wings of the hotel smelled just like a WDW resort. Have also had flashbacks at several stores recently. It must be the cleaning products they use.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Usually after a big rain storm that's when I think of Disney.... The smell of the rain....

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I love it when old structures smell like Disney establishments.. Alot of times I'll find myself thinking in an old place, "Wow! This place smells like Big Thunder"! Or Haunted Masnion etc etc.. most of the time it smells like Big Thunder though..

Hyrdaulic oil and worn gear oil can remind me of the one and only time I rode Kongfrontaion.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    That first lift hill of Big Thunder does have a really distinctive smell to it, I think because of it being enclosed like that. Every once in a while I'll smell something similiar and Whoosh!, I'm right back at BTMRR!

The most common Disney memory stimulant for me is hot, humid summer days. My family used to go to Disney every couple of years, but because myself and my two brothers were always in school, we usually only made these trips in the summer. I have many a memory of stepping outside the resort in the morning and "WHAM!", Central Florida's summer heat hit just literally engulfed you. If you let the heat bother you, it was tremendously obnoxious. But to me, I always had such an amazing time at WDW, that I just kind of accepted it. And I loved taking evening strolls after the sun went down and not having to worry about bringing a sweatshirt or light jacket.

So now everytime I step outside and am smacked in the face with a wall of hot, heavy, humid air, the first thing through my mind is a flashback to when i was about 12 or so, stepping outside onto the sidewalk in front of our room at one of the WDW resorts (I wish I could remember which... as a kid, most of my rememberences were of details about the parks, not the resorts). So when everyone else's first thought is "Oh wow, it's hot out today!", mine is "Whoah!... We're having another Disney day!"
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I was at a church that my grandmother and brother clean up for and when I walked in there my first thought was this smells like the All-Star lobbies. I think it must have a been a similar cleaning product.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    there are certain colors that can remind me of my fave ride, the Haunted Mansion. mainly greens and blues for some reason. I think it's b/c my perception of the HM isn't just the ride itself, but all of the concept art surrounding it. like the part in Sleeping Beauty where, for a split second when Maleficent puts the curse on Aurora, it shows the spinning wheel surrounded by an ethereal green glow. that split second always reminds me of the HM for some reason.

If we can dream it, we can do it

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Whenever I use sunscreen, especially first thing in the morning, this phrase is likely to come out of my mouth "I love the smell of suntan lotion in the morning...it smells like..Diney World". This phrase is a take of of a well-known line from the movie Apocolyse now "I love the smell of napalm in the morning...it smells like..victory."

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Hyrdaulic oil and worn gear oil can remind me of the one and only time I rode Kongfrontaion.
    I thought I was the only one

And of course, you should all know what I'm like by now!
    I can't walk past anything diesel without hearing the hum of the subs in my head...
    Last edited by 20K; 09-25-2005 at 06:50 AM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Garden Gloves always remind me of a trip where it was absolutely freezing, we had five day passes, one for each park. When I say freezing I mean at least 40 degrees out. We only packed t-shirts and shorts. So we went to virtually every imaginable store to find warm clothes and gloves,or mittens. Well, we got clothes, but then came to the gloves. NOWHERE was there gloves or mittens. So we ended up buying the thickest garden gloves we could and wore them to the parks, getting stared at every person who realized "Those people are wearing flowered garden gloves".

So me and DH always laugh whenever looking for garden gloves, we still use those ones from that Florida trip.
    Izzy

DisneyTripper is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was walking past a fountain in a mall a few days ago and all the sudden I had a Pirate's of the Carribean "flashback". I love that smell. I guess it's what they treat the water with.
    Last edited by DisneyTripper; 09-27-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTripper
    I was walking past a fountain in a mall a few days ago and all the sudden I had a Pirate's of the Carribean "flashback". I love that smell. I guess it's what they treat the water with.
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

DisneyTripper is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while. It's a great board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast