Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss I got a great idea! in the I Remember... forums; Hey people, how would you feel if we all petitioned Disney to come up with a retro park, of all the old rides that use to be in Disney, but ...
    luciansmommy is offline A-Ticket holder

I got a great idea!

Hey people, how would you feel if we all petitioned Disney to come up with a retro park, of all the old rides that use to be in Disney, but have since been retired? I think its a great idea! That way the ones that the older generation had could come back to it and introduce it to their kids!

We could name it Memory Lane at WDW! or maybe some other nostalgic name any suggestions?

I would love to see a retro Disney park! 20K, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Sky Buckets, Horizons, oh......where would I start?!?!?

How about "Disney Renaissance" which means rebirth of Disney!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I would definitely sign something if you wrote something up. It would be awesome to have those extinct attractions come back for a new generation to see.

I'm not sure if Disney would do it, since it's hard to tell if people other than nostalgic Disney nuts would want to ride the older rides. It would also be expensive to rebuild so many attractions that wouldn't really have any new technology in them. I don't mean to be a party pooper on the idea, because I think the idea of petition is great.

One thing they might do is to create a new building somewhere in the one of the parks where they could cycle through retro rides once per year or something. They could probably build a facility that would be able to inter-change these old rides with relative ease. Considering how old the technology is for some of these rides, they may be able to use a common computer system that would make switching the rides in and out a little easier.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I don't think any of the old rides/attractions will ever come back, but it's worth dreaming about. However, one thing Disney could do would be to produce a DVD of the old rides/attractions for the newbies and us oldtimers.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yeah, a dvd would be a great idea...i'm sure they wouldn't bring back many of our treasured rides simply bc most of them are in pieces used to fill in other rides...or their parts were used as replacements or something to that effect...like the dreamfinders vechicle is now wall decoration!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    It would be great.
    But I bet the kids today would think it was lame, lame, lame. . . .

("the kids today. . ." God I feel old now!)
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, the kids today can just go somewhere else if they don't like it! I think this is a great idea! I'll be able to ride "If You Had Wings" for the rest of the day!
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This would be an interesting idea.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I would love to see a retro Disney park! 20K, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Sky Buckets, Horizons, oh......where would I start?!?!?
    um.. hello.. World of Motion?? Delta Dream Flight?? where are your priorities Melissa??

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would definatly be interested in a park like that! I first went down to Disney in 1995 when I was 10, I can sort of remember Mr. Toads Wild Ride, I completly forgot Horizons. I would love to go on those again/1st time. I want to go on 20000 leauges so badly. Even though its sill up, I think they should put the Matterhorn in Orlando. I mean its Retro enough. Add some other rides from Disneyland too! I always wanted to go on the Indiana Jones ride. I dont know if its still there, but wasnt there a Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride too? I remember watching it on the Disney Channel and crying to my mom that I want to ride that!

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm a "kid today". Well, I'm 19...so you decide if that is a kid..but I would definitely ride those older rides.

Karamie

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would love that! But I think it is unrealistic. They got rid of 20,000 Leagues b/c it was so expensive to run. And to go and buy vintage parts now would be difficult. My uncle restores and collects vintage things and some old parts are so expensive! Like old car parts. lol But Walt himself liked change, although I think with some of the sh*t Disney is pulling now he would be turning in his grave! NO SEQUELS he said!
    Sorry I will stop now....

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

Well i think i am on to something. Disney has spent money expanding to other parts of disney, they should do the retro thing. i wonder if there is a way to write to the ceo of disney or maybe the imagineering team. someone who would listen to the voice of many people. ...........by the way i am going to disney sunday again!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast