Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your favorite part of a ride in WDW? in the I Remember... forums; I just love the whole experience of The Tower of Terror!! I like the way they build it up to the climax: The drops!!!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I just love the whole experience of The Tower of Terror!!

I like the way they build it up to the climax: The drops!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mountainflowers is offline A-Ticket holder
    i love it when you pass the control tower in space mountain. space mountain was like the big new ride when i was little and i always so interested in science.
    Elizabeth

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Oh Oh... I've got another one..... in SSE when Rome is burning... LOVE IT!!!

The acceleration of RnRC when it sets off!!

Brum!! Brum!!... Wow....
    Rich

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Ugh that part makes me so sick. It takes me the whole rest of the ride to recover. I think I make myself to nervous.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Ugh that part makes me so sick. It takes me the whole rest of the ride to recover. I think I make myself to nervous.

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My favorite part is in SM when you go down and all the animals are flooding the entire room!
    I just love World of Warcraft.

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    Love ToT when you're hanging above the elevator shaft and just waiting for the drop. It's only a second or two but the anticipation makes it seem like an eternity!

I'm also a big fan of the laughing hyenas in IASW. That was always a favorite since I was little.

Loved the opening scene in the original Imagination where you're introduced to Dreamfinder, Figment, and "One Little Spark" while they fly in that airship.

All of Soarin'.... but I think the opening scene as you swoop in over the Golden Gate Bridge is the best because you know at that point you're in for the ride of your life with all of the people around you "ooh-ing" and "aah-ing"

I'm sure there're others, but those are the ones that are coming to me at the moment.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i love taking off from the nursery in Peter Pan..."ready everybody, here we gooooo!"
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

mountainflowers is offline A-Ticket holder
    i like it when you go around the corner at pirates of the carribean and you see the really big pirate's ship and its firing the cannons and the waters exploding all around you.... maybe it seems cheesy now, but it reminds me when i first went to disney world and was trying to take it all in....
    Elizabeth

Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This isn't on the ride, technically, but I love in the Splash Mountain line when you get to Br'er Frog, and it's his animated shadow telling the story. I always thought that was really cool, and if there was ever a long line, I would always hope I would get to stop at that point for a little bit.

I also like the PotC auction scene. "We wants the red head! We wants the red head!"

Man, I could probably go and name my favorite part (or several of them!) for each ride! hehe

For something different, I like Kilimanjaro Safari over in AK.
    It is peaceful, relaxing and great to see all the animals as you go round on your treck!!
    Rich

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    All of Soarin'.... but I think the opening scene as you swoop in over the Golden Gate Bridge is the best because you know at that point you're in for the ride of your life with all of the people around you "ooh-ing" and "aah-ing"
    I hear ya on that one... Soarin' has a real neat effect on people. The most recent time I rode, I was with a teenage girl and her dad who had never ridden it before, and as soon as we broke out of the clouds over San Fran Bay... I could here the dad exclaim loud and clear "Oh,wow! This is so cool!", and I had to break into a smile and a laugh because it reminded me of my first time riding it.

My first ride on Soarin was by far the best, and not just because it was the first. It was during the passholder preview weekend, when the only ones they were letting ride were DVC members, APs and SPs, and one guest per each passholder/DVC member. I was there with two friends, and we didn't even realize that Soarin' was going to be open to us, so we were "magically" suprised to see them letting select people in. The lines were nice and short, with only a select few being admitted, so we weren't in line long. But the funny thing was, because everyone inside was a passholder or DVC member, we were all Disney fan(atic)s. There was kind of a general murmer going around the line as one group would turn to the group in front of or behind them in line and ask, "so which Disney web forum are you from? Oh really? Me too! What's your username? I'm (insert ID here)...". Seemingly everyone was from one or more of them.

Anyway, once we were lined up in our rows and ready to board, Patrick came on to give us our briefing and again there was a great big murmer and under-the-breath chuckling going on as everyone immediately recognized the voice and was like "It's Kronk!" When the doors opened, each person let out a stifled "Whoah... cool!" as they saw the inside of the theater. We buckled in, and the lights went off, and people applauded. We lefted up, the screen went white, and then the clouds broke... and everyone was going crazy, shouting and clapping and cheering... It was the coolest feeling ever. I'll never forget it.

Throughout the entire ride, periodic oohs and ahhs could be heard throughout, and when it eventually ended (much too soon, I might add), there was an overwhelming round of applause, as if we were at a live theater performance or something. Now, because of that, every time I ride it, after the screen goes dark at the end and we are lowered back to the floor, I start clapping, even if nobody else is doing it. Sure enough, someone else will join in, and then another, and eventually I end up with a good sized group, usualy most of the audience, applauding the attraction.

Now, you know you have a good attraction when you can get an applause out of each showing!

Oh, and I know this is off the general topic of this thread, but seeing as I'm already on the topic of passholder previews... I was talking to a Cast Member at Expedition Everest yesterday, and he was telling me what he expected the approximate preview schedule to look like. He informed me that the attraction was just about complete, and that he expected Cast previews to be taking place as early as the end of December through January. He then said to be on the lookout for a passholder preview sometime in late Feb or March. And then of course, as we already know, it will open to the public in April. I can't wait. it looks awesome - quite possibly the best example of forced perspective I've ever seen... it looks HUGE! I'll have to post pics in another thread when I get home. I suggest we should get together a DWT crowd to go to a passholder preview and all have our first ride on it together! Hmmm... maybe I'll start a thread on that to see if I can generate some interest.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just love the pre-show to MuppetVision 4D. If I don't get to see the pre-show, I wait for the next showing.
    Aimee

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    there are lots of things already listed in this thread that I love too (the part of Spaceship Earth where you look down on the earth for instance), and I'll second Shades of Green's mention of in-queue details, one May morning in 1998 as I approacehed the TZTOT first thing in the morning the temprature and humidity were just right to make the special effect foggers work really well, it was so cool walking around that corner and seeing that unexpected creepy fog on an otherwise beautiful morning.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast