Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What is your favorite part of a ride in WDW? in the I Remember... forums; I also love the library in the Haunted Mansion, where the statues follow you. I was so proud of myself as a kid, when I figured out how it was ...
    Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I also love the library in the Haunted Mansion, where the statues follow you. I was so proud of myself as a kid, when I figured out how it was done! Even though I know how it's done, I still love the effect.

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I like towards the end of Journey into your Imagination when Nigel Channing is the man on the Moon and is singing the song...so funny looking. BTW, did anyone else notice Dean Finder on the one door, how cool is that, although DreamFinder should be brought back!!!
    :mickey:

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MKRsrtMonorail
    BTW, did anyone else notice Dean Finder on the one door, how cool is that, although DreamFinder should be brought back!!!
    Yeah, I spotted that too on my last trip. In fact, I put a trivia question up in my AIM profile ocassionally for my friends to try to answer, and my most recent one was regarding this "Dean Finder" of the Imagination Institute.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Some of my favorite "parts":

The painting of the nude woman in the now extinct Mr. Toads ride. (could only see it if you went left)

The ancient video loop of the people riding space mountain when you were in line. Man, those people were movie stars to me! Imagine being immortalized like that.

The end of the haunted mansion, because my favorite part of the song was the dirge at the end.. "If you would like to join our company, there's just one rule that's compulsory, mortals pay a token fee, rest in peace.. the hauntings free." And that wierd little person saying "hurry back".. why make her tiny?

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    If you would consider the monorail a ride...I love pulling around Future World in EPCOT on the monorail and being high above everyone and getting a great view of what is going on. I kind of feel like, hey everyone, look at me, Here I come!

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    my favorate part in wdw is where buzzlightyear defeated evil zurg.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Hey, nice to know there's someone else out there who refuses to see Muppet-Vision without the entire preshow first. The show is great, but personally, the whole "Up, Chuck!!" bit is the best part to me. Also, a big thank you to the kind person who posted the lyrics to that dirge at the exit of the Haunted Mansion. I've always wondered what I was being serenaded with as I left; most likely only to get right back in line.

I'm not going to say it's my "favorite" part of a ride, but it's a sort of ritual that I convinced myself I need to do first thing, and if possible, as the very last thing I do before I leave the World and head back to reality. As soon as I'm in the park, I hit Pirates of the Carribean. After the splashdown, and admittedly, it's all in the timing of the boats whether you hear it or not, but one of the ghostly voices sounds to be that of a very old man, letting you know that you're on your own from that point on. He ends his bit with "You may not survive to pass this way again....!" Well, a couple years back now, it hit me.....he's absolutely right. When a year, two years, three or more pass and I haven't been able to be back, I can't help but think that this may be my last time in my favorite place on Earth. Everytime I can hop in that boat and hear that spooky line, it's sort of my way of giving the Grim Reaper the bird.

Yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a case.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I absoulutely love the laughing place in splash mountain. Its like ur down in a damp cave after uve just been out in the "light". It just makes me want to laugh and sing right along w/ them. I do start to laugh when i see the (i dont know what animal they are) creatures poping up in a row going "eee" Its just such a charming place to be.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Test Track: as you accelerate towards the 'crash barrier' and it raises up and onto the track you go!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a few

The queue line of ToT ... now I love the ride and all, but the queue itself is pure atmosphere.

Mickey's Philharmagic: the London/Peter Pan scene ... it is so beautiful!

MuppetVision 3D ... the part when Swedish Chef if doing his mumbling thing and then Kermit says "exactly," ... I crack up every time. But then I'm a ****er for Kermit.

All the glittering sparklies at the end of SSE.

Haunted Mansion ... the endless corridor scene with the floating candelabra.

- Clara

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    I enjoy the "paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring. From the TTA....

but....

my all-time favorite part of any WDW attraction is the big Buzz in the line area of the Buzz ride in the MK. Wow!!!!!! Is it Handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's just sooooooooooooooooooooo perfect!!!!!!!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    ride moment would have to be the line and beginning to haunted mansion if not the ghost ballroom scene.

park moment would have to be when the sun sets around liberty square in the magic kingdom and the lights start coming up. that just has an aura of peace and sentimentailty to me.
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    When I saw this thread it occured to me that I really like the Carousel of progress as it goes into motion, it's a neat sensation as the seemingly stationary theatre shifts into being a vehicle...but I also realize that there's another reason I enjoy this transition too, I like any part of an attraction where the crowd is so into it that they start to clap and or sing along. The two attractions that come to mind here are the Carousel of Progress and the Country Bear Jamboree, it dosen't always happen but when it does it's really nifty.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the part of Peter Pan when you swing around the corner and through the clouds to be over London and flying, it and the look on my six year olds face when it happens.....priceless.

Additionally for me is the entire Jungle Cruise ride due to it being the first ride on my first trip to WDW on Christmas Day in 1974

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is a fun thread! I really like in Tower of Terror when you're just about to go into the drop shaft, and that light goes up the crack of the door and it makes that whooshing noise...talk about anticipation.

I also like getting to the top of SSE and looking at the stars. And in RnR I love the launch.

Karamie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast