Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss 20k in the I Remember... forums; On my first trip to WDW, 20K had been closed down literally about a week or so before we got to go. I could see it in the pond but ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

On my first trip to WDW, 20K had been closed down literally about a week or so before we got to go. I could see it in the pond but it was no longer open.
    I remember being really angry because I had always heard about that ride and I could never go on it.
    Does anyone remember it well?
    I have always wanted to know what it was like and what happened on it. Anyone up to giving a detailed description?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i remember the excitement of just getting to the subs...when i was little i really thought you went way way down in the water...the voice over narration...the giant squid(it was a squid right?) fighting and all the underwater creatures were so cool!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    i really thought you went way way down in the water...

Yup. I didn't like that feeling once in the cave. Wanting to see everything though, I'd have my little face shoved up against the glass so hard that I think every ride I was worried about pushing it off and "sinking" us all. But then there were mermaids so I was like .

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    You were underwater. Just you were only ever at ten feet or so...
    I would normally type my 2,200 page detailed description of 20K and its history, but I have decided to spare you all this time round.

Instead, check out Dave Shuff's excellent 20KRide.Com.
    The 20K'er interviews are a must read.
    Last edited by 20K; 12-02-2005 at 09:41 AM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Thanks guys. I just wish I could have experienced it!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

It's very sad that you never got to ride 20K ShereKhan. I miss it so much! Our member 20K has definitely given you the best information to read. If you make a trip to Tokyo you can try out their version!

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The thing I remember most about the ride, is that if you looked up while you where 20,000 leagues under the water, you could see the rain hitting the surface a few feet above your head. Really spoiled the effect.

The story was cute, but the ride was a little cramped and not handicapped accessible. I wish they had found a better use for the space then the kids playground area that went in recently . . .