Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Tarzan's Curtain Call in the I Remember... forums; Just got back from DAK for the final showings of Tarzan Rocks. I got to the park around 1:00 and decided to head right over for the 1:45. It's a ...
    Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot

Tarzan's Curtain Call

Just got back from DAK for the final showings of Tarzan Rocks. I got to the park around 1:00 and decided to head right over for the 1:45. It's a good thing I did! As I was walking towards DinoLand they were waving people inside saying if you want to see the show, you have to go get seats now. It was packed!!! Plus they had taken off the listing for the 3:15 show leaving most to believe this would be the final performance. The show was great as always and some of the cast members were clearly emotional when it was over. I was there on my own and ended up sitting next to an off-duty cast member who suggested we try to make it to the next showing as well. So much for detering people by leaving it off the sign, by the time we got out of our show the line for the 3:15 was all the way back to under the big dino. They came around saying they couldn't guarantee us all getting in but it ended up being no problem. I'm so glad I went to this performance as well. The energy in the theater was unbelievable. Everyone was participating and cheering and clapping and singing along. The end was extremely emotional. All of the performers from each show came out on stage, flooding it with people. They were all hugging and many were crying and the audience was going crazy. There was an extended ending and 3 curtain calls. At the end I was very reluctant to finally leave, unable to believe that the show was over. If it could have gathered these kinds of crowds during it's regular run I wonder if Disney would have went ahead with ending it. I even met one man who flew in from California just to see it. He had gotten on a plane at 11 last night, landed at 1:00 and came straight to the park in time for the 1:45 show. That's dedication.

Does anyone out there have a video of this show (any performance, but one from today would be incredible) from beginning to end? I got some clips of video with my digital camera but there was no way I could get the whole thing with that.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I loved this show and it is a real shame it had to close!!

There aren't many great attractions in AK - although it is still a great park - and it will be missed.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I went last week, and could already tell the cast was sad to see it go.

A related story: I went a few years back to the final performances (all of them that day!) of The Hunchback of Notre Dame show at Disney-MGM ...

Cried my eyes out! The theatre was packed full of guests & CM's ... there was confetti all over the place, and a stagehand was handing out a huge pile of the "Ace of Heart" cards that Quasi tears up ... all the extras they wouldn't need anymore, they were giving away to the guests.

I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

(And secretly curse the Streets of America + LMA for it's demise) ...

I'm glad the last show of Tarzan Rocks! was a powerful experience too.

- Clara

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I am so sad that I won't get to see Tarzan Rocks on our next trip! My DD and I just loved it!! I would have loved to be at the final show though, sounds like it was an experience.
    (I did get to see one of the final Main Street Electrical Parades in 1991 before it left for EuroDisney as it was called then.)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

WDWfan12 is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face

I have the video feed but its not the last show..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05737&9=Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I actually have a high quality video of this at home (I'm still in Florida). Cameo, is you could sne dme an email reminder next week, I'll try my best to get it up on the site for you (and everyone else who misses your little loin-clothed friend.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    WDWfan12 vbmenu_register("postmenu_166147", true); , is that the right link? I clicked it, and got an error...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

WDWfan12 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question

thats weird I hit the link but it did not come up...

Try to go on Google and hit the video link then under serech, type in Tarzan Rocks... I don't know if it will work or not.

dsnyvillain is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was also at the final showing of Tarzan Rocks. I filmed the show with my digital camera so there is no sound and the quality is not that great, but it's better than nothing. I tried to upload to the post but it wouldn't let me, the files may be too big. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get them on here, i'll upload them for you.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I wish I would have gotten around to watching Tarzan Rocks when I went to Disney World this summer. I really enjoyed it the time before, and now I won't get to see it again.

Karamie

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    hope I don't get shot over here(not that it would be the first time) . but the dh and I went to go see this show for the first time on our honeymoon.. and well.. we left after 10 minutes.. just wasn't my thing..

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Listen to our latest podcast for more rumors about Tarzan Rocks!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42