Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away? in the I Remember... forums; My mom went to Disney World around 1985. She said MTM was pretty bad...lol...
    Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My mom went to Disney World around 1985. She said MTM was pretty bad...lol

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I loved AE!! Altho, it truly didn't fit in MK... it would have worked better in MGM. The "scare" factor was really high for MK, but that kind of suspense would work well in MGM. I haven't been there since Stitch opened. Based on what we've heard, I can't say if we will or will not go on it for our next trip. Then again, we have to plan that next trip before we can decide if we'll ride it or not. But that's a minor detail.... :p

Ahhhh... MtM... I remember that ride, as well as Mission to the Moon.... Good times, good times. The effects weren't the same as rides today, but for their time, it was still fun. But even as a kid, I always wondered how a rocket could take off for the moon or Mars from WDW every few minutes, but nobody ever saw it launch....
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I never got to ride AE because I was just plain chicken, then, when I finally decide I will ride it, they get RID of it for STITCH?!?! I loved the movie Lilo and Stitch, but I don't want to go out and ride a ride about him, make a 3-D show or something, but not a stupid interactive show! Replace it with something better!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

LoveBugsMommie is offline A-Ticket holder
    My 13 yr old niece and I were talking about the attraction on the phone tonight. She went on AE w/ me 6 yrs ago. She said even though it scared her at the time she loved it, but thought Stitch was boring and basically pointless, and that the burping and spitting was just gross.

disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I first went on AE when I was about 7 and I loved it! I remember that I sat next to a girl who looked about 16/17 and she was crying the whole way through because she was so scared and I was just laughing ! My family thought that was hilarious! I really don't like the new Stitch ride, it doesn't really have much of a point. I also don't think that AE was out of place because people knew from the ride description and name of the ride that it would be a bit scary so it was up to them if they took their kids on it. It's not as though they didn't have any warning! The restraints on the ride are quite annoying though and really hurt my shoulder when I went on it last summer.
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Yeah, apparently they've redone the shoulder thing and now they stop when they touch your shoulder. Or at least that's in effect on Stitch's Great Escape
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Waltsmyrealname is offline A-Ticket holder
    AE was Awesome!
    Scared the heck outta me the first time!!

Really stunk to see it was not there when i went back....
    Sure seemed like alotta effort and money for such a short life too...

Walt

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I LOVED AE! It was the one ride that could scare me half to death but keep me coming back for more. I do like Stitch, but I still miss the opportunity to be scared like that.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I was pretty young when I went on AE with my dad. And he's the type of dad who loves scaring his young child. So needless to say I was terrified!!! We didn't have a chance to go on it a second time on that trip, and the next time I went to WDW - it was gone : (

Stitch is cute, but the ride is stupid
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs down grr.

Disney seems to be losing it's sense when it comes to keeping and getting rid of things. I completely respect that they have to get rid of things if they want new stuff, but get rid of something that was never good, not something people loved. I was little when I first went on AE, but I loved it nonetheless. They put in Stich because they wanted it to be more family like. Well, two things. 1. Disney has PLENTY of family rides. AE was like the only truly scary ride, I would know I'm a kid. 2. They didn't succeed anyways! My little sister went on Stitch with me and was terrified!!!
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I hated Alien Encounter. I rejoiced when they ot rid of it. I still haven't gone on Stitch's Great Escape tho. That just seems dumb to me.
    Love, Kerri

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Well here is the thing. I have never ridden AE (I was always too scared!), but I do NOT care for Stitch.

But I have heard AE was borderline traumatic, so I guess I am glad they took it away.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by yodagirl94 View Post
    Disney seems to be losing it's sense when it comes to keeping and getting rid of things. I completely respect that they have to get rid of things if they want new stuff, but get rid of something that was never good, not something people loved. I was little when I first went on AE, but I loved it nonetheless. They put in Stich because they wanted it to be more family like. Well, two things. 1. Disney has PLENTY of family rides. AE was like the only truly scary ride, I would know I'm a kid. 2. They didn't succeed anyways! My little sister went on Stitch with me and was terrified!!!
    The problem with that theory is that with a park 1000s of people visit regularly, no matter what you take out, SOMEONE isn't going to be happy. Too many people come to WDW it keep EVERYONE happy. No matter what they change, what they do, what they replace, someone is going to complain. Even the rides that were "never good" have their fans that complain when they're removed. For example, EPCOT wasn't very popular because of it's boring attractions so they changed it to appeal to everyone. But despite it's popularity now and the fact that the old rides were pretty lame, some people still comlplained that they took them out. So Disney is not "losing it." They're listening to their guests. If 100 people liked it, but 10,000 people hated it, guess which crowd Disney's going to listen to.
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 06-21-2007 at 02:43 PM.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wished i could of seen this before they replaced it.

firemedic is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    I loved AE! But, I haven't been on the Stitch ride yet. So I can't judge.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast