Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away? in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 The problem with that theory is that with a park 1000s of people visit regularly, no matter what you take out, SOMEONE isn't going to be ...
    yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    The problem with that theory is that with a park 1000s of people visit regularly, no matter what you take out, SOMEONE isn't going to be happy. Too many people come to WDW it keep EVERYONE happy. No matter what they change, what they do, what they replace, someone is going to complain. Even the rides that were "never good" have their fans that complain when they're removed. For example, EPCOT wasn't very popular because of it's boring attractions so they changed it to appeal to everyone. But despite it's popularity now and the fact that the old rides were pretty lame, some people still comlplained that they took them out. So Disney is not "losing it." They're listening to their guests. If 100 people liked it, but 10,000 people hated it, guess which crowd Disney's going to listen to.
    what you are saying is a great point and makes a lot of sense to me, it's just that they need to replace it with something that is going to bring in more, not less. thats not what happened with stitch.
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

FrolloFan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think any ride that makes me cry is a bad one...

Therefore, Alien Encounter was one horrible ride.
    Love,
    FrolloFan

"It's too late, coward."

FireworksGirlXX is offline A-Ticket holder
    honestly, i like stich and stuff but i think he has taken over disney world. if it was all started by a mouse, why are they now making stich ear hats?

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    because it sells :P
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i never rode it because I was always too scared to. I don't know if it should have been replaced or not, but stitch in my opinion is terrible and it should be torn down and replaced with something totally different
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am a HUGE FAN of stitch, hence my name. I talk like him (I do REALLY GOOD impersonations). I act like him, I am a total goofball, and I am somewhat destructive. I loved and have sen all 4 movies, I have a HUGE collection of Stitch Pins, and just idolize Stitch.

The ride left me shocked. I was so repulsed by it, it was horribly done. I had never encountered Alien Encounter, but I saw YouTube Videos of it, and THAT attraction is like 10 times better. I haven't boycotted it, but I really don;t care much for it. Stitch is a trouble maker, but where is the "Great Escape?" I see the animatronic, and love it, but other than that, the ride is not to my liking.

rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I always loved the ride. It was the only ride I have been on that was actually scary. I thought stitch would make it even cooler, but of course it had to be at least a little bit kid friendly and it really took out the fun. At least they didn't take out the whole set up!
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

tomorrowland is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I never really enjoyed Alien Encounter. It was very loud and frightening especially for the younger guests.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    shinning at the end of everyday!

HOST_Dream is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs down cired my first time on it

i was very little worst thing ever!!!!!!! stitchty love!!
    go vmk!!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rollecoasterfan View Post
    I always loved the ride. It was the only ride I have been on that was actually scary. I thought stitch would make it even cooler, but of course it had to be at least a little bit kid friendly and it really took out the fun. At least they didn't take out the whole set up!
    Meh it STILL scares kiddies today even with a "friendly" alien.

friendly frog is offline A-Ticket holder
    Add me to the list of those who miss AE.

I thought it was very creative and unique. The problem seemed to be that so many kids were "talked" into getting on it, and left in tears. I am sure that Disney did not feel that this was presenting a good image.

I agree, AE should have been placed in MGM / Disney Studios/ Disney Hollywood....whatever today's name is. LOL

Stitch just misses the mark.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    AE was a good ride, Stitch is an ok ride. I like anything Disney does so no complaints from me. =D

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I really enjoyed Alien Encounter, but I can see why it was taken out. Stitch is far more kid friendly. I don't despise Stitch like some folks do, but it's not on my must do list like Alien Encounter was.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post
    because it sells :P
    That's one of the reasons why attractions like AE and Mr. Toad get replaced with Stitch and Pooh, because they sell better than Skippy and Moley. Walt himself said that this project will "never be completed" and always changing, so I understand attractions come and go, but I feel that AE was pulled too soon. Personally, I thought AE was ok, wasn't all that great, but still a neat attraction that was definately one of a kind. The thing I really loved about this attraction, was that it was an original story with original characters created just for the attraction, and not based off a movie. Now I know that sounds weird, but I like those attractions that have their own story that we're not familiar with and experience it in a new way, rather than on the big screen first, and then other mediums and merchandise and then it's own attraction or show. Another good example of an attraction gone bad: Countdown to Extinction, now known as Dinosaur, tried to be tied into the movie and made the attraction less appealing IMO, but not as much as Stitch's version of AE.

nd9979 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Such a great ride.

If you search "Alien encounter magic kingdom" on youtube, you will find a 9 min. video of the entire ride.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast