Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away? in the I Remember... forums; You're welcome. You'll find that site has a lot more besides the IYHW section, It's really good. Enjoy....
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    You're welcome. You'll find that site has a lot more besides the IYHW section, It's really good. Enjoy.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMarley View Post
    My question to all of you.....Do we try Stitch's or do we just keep the memory of AE? I'm conflicted between my fond memories of what it used to be, and the fact that I would like to give everything a try. Personally, I have never liked Stitch. Somehow, he doesn't capture the charm and magic I associate with Disney.
    Hi Magical Marley! If you're not a fan of Stitch, I would probably avoid SGE. The attraction's storyline centers on him as his monstrous little self, versus the much nicer, more contained version that we see at the end of "Lilo and Stitch".
    Last edited by Smack81; 10-26-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
    I personally cannot ride Stitch anymore...it makes me want to vomit, to put it simply. I dont think ill ever go on that again...so, no I dont think it was smart of Disney to take away AE...at least that didnt make me sick
    IMO, certain violent moments in AE (such as the technician that got eaten by the alien) are even more sickening than a mere smell.

After all, mental torture is usually more painful than physical torture.

So, yes, taking AE away was best.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    IMO, certain violent moments in AE (such as the technician that got eaten by the alien) are even more sickening than a mere smell.

After all, mental torture is usually more painful than physical torture.

So, yes, taking AE away was best.
    To YOU.

To Lou Mongello and Jeff Pepper...

Please do a DSI (Disney Scene Investigation) segment on Stitch's Great Escape on the WDW Radio Show soon. The sooner it's done, the sooner more people can stop hating it and start appreciating it instead.

Maybe even Lou will start growing to like SGE by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMarley View Post
    Personally, I have never liked Stitch. Somehow, he doesn't capture the charm and magic I associate with Disney.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that as well.

I think Stitch DOES capture that Disney magic and charm, just in a different way.

Not all of the Disney characters can be as gentle as Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh. Stitch, IMO, is a perfect contrast to characters like Mickey, Pooh, et al. and I think that it's a good thing.

After all, as with all character families, you have to have characters that tend to be mischievious and, yes, even a bit crude at times (like Stitch), characters with anger management problems (like Donald Duck), etc., in addition to the tamer or straight-laced ones (like Mickey and Pooh).

When you come right down to it, Stitch IS a great character. And I'm sure that he just might grow on you, MagicalMarley.

EDIT: Yes, you should try SGE, just to form your own opinion. Don't let what others say dictate what you should or shouldn't do on your trips. Maybe you'll like SGE anyway.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 10-28-2008 at 12:48 PM.

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I thoroughly enjoyed AE!! I wasn't sure what to expect and was totally freaked out!! It was a great feeling and loved every minute of it!
    Magic Kingdom is not a totally family-friendly park when you consider rides that have restrictions for little ones. They made an attraction that was along the same lines. Something that was more for older kids (or kids-at-heart). This park is not just for kids, but for everyone. Not every ride/attraction needs to be kid-friendly.
    Last edited by minniesmh; 10-30-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    minniesmh

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    I was not a big fan of AE and I'm not really much more fond of SGE. The only reason I like it a bit more is because Stitch is in it. I do agree with you KINGCRAB that Stitch is a great Disney character. So much so that I have a Stitch antenna topper. You don't see too many of those around...
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

TrueLiz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I enjoyed Alien Encounter the one time I did it, and found it entertaining, but it just didn't feel like a Disney attraction to me. It felt more like that other park that I've only gone to once, when dragged by co-workers on a work training trip.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I liked Alien Encounter too. It was truly scary! But that may have been the issue. People know that a "Haunted Mansion" will be scary, but they may not know that about an "Alien Encounter". It's my guess that too many people found it too intense, even though it was a great attraction.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWmemories View Post
    People know that a "Haunted Mansion" will be scary, but they may not know that about an "Alien Encounter". It's my guess that too many people found it too intense, even though it was a great attraction.

If anyone was surprised I guess it's because many didn't read the numerous warnings which were posted before entering the attraction.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Removing AE and placing it with Stitch was the worst idea Disney has ever had. SGE is TERRIBLE! AE was a big thrill for adults and teens, and now in place is a boring and mindless ride which has no one really going to it. The line for SGE is never longer than 5 minutes.

Also, i personally think Stitch is an awful character. He is not funny, he is not cute, and he is just plain dumb.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Removing AE and placing it with Stitch was the worst idea Disney has ever had. SGE is TERRIBLE! AE was a big thrill for adults and teens, and now in place is a boring and mindless ride which has no one really going to it. The line for SGE is never longer than 5 minutes.

Also, i personally think Stitch is an awful character. He is not funny, he is not cute, and he is just plain dumb.
    Don't mince words...what do you REALLY think?

somethingfishy6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never actually went on it. I was in line one time, and freaked out, started crying (the whole shabang) and never went on it. The next time we went to Disney, it was gone, and i really regret never going on it cause Stitch is lame. i realize why they did it, but...still. it's always nice to have a real thrill at disney

Jennings is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I never actually never went on AE but do regret it, after going on Stitch's Great Mistake. It took one ride for me to figure out that Disney had made a huge mistake. I would understand that they would want to put a more kid friendly ride, but SGE is downright disgusting. If they were gonna replace AE at all, they should have repolaced it with a better ride.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast