Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away? in the I Remember... forums; This would have been an entertaining attraction. Is there any online pictures. Thanks in advance. Jordan....
    JordanRHughes is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away?

This would have been an entertaining attraction. Is there any online pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Jordan.

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    AE was never a Disney ride to me. DHS? Perhaps. Universal? Definitely. But not the MK.
    That's basically my feeling too.

Don't get me wrong I liked...not loved...but liked AE (once I got used to it) and I absolutely HATE the Stitch version for the gross-out factor. BUT I cannot disagree that Stitch is the better fit for Magic Kingdom AND I can easily see myself someday gritting my teeth and taking my own kids on that ride at a much younger age than I would for AE.

Honestly I had not been that scared by a Disney attraction since the Enchanted Tiki Room when I was 2 (singing totem poles with teeth = high octane toddler nightmare fuel...that place still makes me shiver a little). AE simulated blood splatting on you as a carnivorous alien ripped someone to shreds up in the rafters above. To say that's unusual for a Magic Kingdom ride is a bit of an understatement. I felt so bad for any unsuspecting parents who thought it couldn't possibly be THAT scary. Maybe at "MGM" where they have things like the "Tower of Terror" but not in a place a child-friendly as the Magic Kingdom.

So yes...Stitch is better.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Aww Phooey View Post
    (singing totem poles with teeth = high octane toddler nightmare fuel...

Excellent description!

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away?

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Figgy2005 is offline A-Ticket holder

I loved AE, but I haven't had the opportunity to ride SGE (it was under construction during my last trip), so I can't really give an opinion on that front.

WDWBurghGooner is offline A-Ticket holder

A castmember asked me if I wanted to preview this ride back in Dec. '94 totally by chance before it was re-tooled and officially opened in the summer of '95. It scared the **** out of me and I had to leave. A suit who was there previewing the ride with the guests walked me out as I waited for my dad and brother. When I rode it a second time I learned I had almost made it to the end and should have stuck it out.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789