Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away? in the I Remember... forums; I personally LOVED Alien Encounter!! Now, I do like Stitch's Great Escape, but it just doesn't cut it for me! I miss the good ol' days of Magic Kingdom when ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Alien Encounter!! Was it smart to take it away?

I personally LOVED Alien Encounter!! Now, I do like Stitch's Great Escape, but it just doesn't cut it for me!

I miss the good ol' days of Magic Kingdom when rides didn't have to be themed on actual Disney concepts lol.

But still, who like Alien Encounter?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

disneygurl213 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I hated it, My worst nightmare when I was little was an alien abducting me, so that attraction FREAKED ME OUT! I also love Stitch, so I'm glad they made an attraction out of him!
    Last edited by disneygurl213; 02-17-2006 at 03:20 PM.

The Magic still lives

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I liked AE...figured if they were going to remove it, they would make some great changes, so I was disappointed with Stitch's Great Escape
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I liked AE simply because it really scared me. Stitch is good enough, but I'd rather they had left AE so I could get a really good scare now and then!

Karamie

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    it's like you kinda want to see disey themes in tomorrowland, which is the case with the birth of stitch's great mistake and buzz.. but AE owned in the fear department!

most rides throughout tomorrowland time had no "toon" theme. I will forever miss |if you had wings" and it's replacement, "dreamflight"...

watch the tomorrowland "race cars" adapt a "cars" toon theme eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa

watch the tomorrowland "race cars" adapt a "cars" toon theme eh?

You should have never posted that Joey....cause now it probably will happen!!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    i better get paid then.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think Tomorrowland should go back to the fanciful vision of the future...flying cars, etc. Base it on those awesome cartoons that were made while Walt was around. Tomorrowland's theme has gotten a bit too loose in my opinion.

Karamie

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    but you also gotta think
    the reason that the MK is themed to the different specific lands
    was to promote Disney movies
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Stich has that whole part where he interacts w/guests from around the room, such as taking the chili dog. that just ruins the whole experience

And cars would not be good in the attraction. Its so open that it would distract from the future theme. Are we going to be driving around in talking cars....well actually that would be kinda cool.

I guess that the themes could be for the movies but not if they dont fit perfectly
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Well, i've never ridden AE but, whenever they remove something it is always sad. Stitch's great escape is ok, but i hate the part when he burps eeeeeewwwwwww!!
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I loved AE. Only because I loved watching the reactions on my friends' faces! Even if it was pitch black but still. I love the way the script was written. Like, I don't know, just the awesome cliche way of writing a ride script where something goes wrong...

Dr. Femus - Well, let's see...Ornitheus, carnivorous...

Spinlock - Carnivorous!? That thing eats meat?

Dr. Femus - Exactly genius! Those people down there are in a lot of danger if we don't...

Spinlock - What's happening?

Dr. Femus - The teleportation tube is starting to break!!

Spinlock - But it's un-breakable?

(SHATTER!!!)

Lol you gotta love it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    never got to ride it, but though the concept seemed interesting, I think "scare factor" was over done for the Magic Kingdom and didn't really fit. It proboly would've worked better in Epcot or MGM but in the Magic Kingdom, I dunno, it just seemed out of place. I think Stich works better. *though mind you, I didn't go on THAT either. XD*
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 02-22-2006 at 03:12 PM.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I only got to go on AE once before it was switched out for Stitch.... and I have to say that I think I like AE better. Stich just doesn't do it for me..... I love the movie, I love all the trouble Stitch causes.... and his "Great Escape" just doesn't live up to that.
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I miss Alien Encounter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast