Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Wonders of Life gone for good... in the I Remember... forums; Seems wonders of life is gone and out now... I was able to attend its final operation on the day of new year's eve, and it definitely came as a ...
    robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wonders of Life gone for good...

Seems wonders of life is gone and out now... I was able to attend its final operation on the day of new year's eve, and it definitely came as a shock from what I remember from the last time I went. Instead of the large stream of people going in/out, there was just 1 or 2 wandering around (and looking like they went their by accident). The entry way was unattended and gave the impression that it was closed, but they forgot to rope it off. Inside, there were only a few people... Again, a definite contrast from the constantly full, exited, fun-place-to-be I remembered...
    There was probably only around 4-5 people in the main dome. The health movie with Goofey was operating, but no one bothered to see it. The stage was just ignored. probably the worst part was seeing in one pass: The 'Medical Advances' display with its faded, antique sign, the bikes to ride through the parks covered up, the 'trick your senses' with a single person trying to figure out why the hot/cold pipes weren't working, the empty quine of some ride (forgot which of the 2 it was), and, according to the Laws of Poetry, looking up at the large mobile spinning around, completely unchanged and oblivious that its domain has been abandoned...

Cranium Command was still operating, but barely... of the 7 or so who were riding it with us, no one even chuckled at the "where do you think you are, Disney World?" quote in the intro show... I guess the emptiness was getting to all of us... The ride wasn't in too good of a condition... They seemed to have just turned it on for that week, and operated on the "if its broke, turn it off and ignore it" principle, Although one of the 4 lower screens was screwing up with random green large squares plaguing it.
    Again, certain rules of Poetry must be observed it seems... One of the last to leave, I looked back and saw the 'subconcious' robot try to interact with a guest that just wasnt there...

Anyway, the next day we had the property-wide behind the magic tour, and our hostess told us that it was opened for the last time, and wouldnt open up again.

But here is some wood to burn in the ol' rumour mill:
    She did also say that there were some major, exiting changes planned for it, so lets just wait and see what happens.
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Here's another thread pertaining to this pavillion...

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...LIfe+Pavillion

Thought you might be interested in reading it

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh, didnt realise there allready was a post on this... sorry
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Quote Originally Posted by robo85045
    Oh, didnt realise there allready was a post on this... sorry

That's okay! Just wanted you to see what others had posted!