Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Happened To Figment? in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by vowell1055 The new ride is awful, even with Figment. Yeah, an upside down house. VERY imaginative. The original ride was so much better and truly was a ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055
    The new ride is awful, even with Figment. Yeah, an upside down house. VERY imaginative. The original ride was so much better and truly was a work of imagination. You could ride that one numerous times and see something new each time that you hadn't noticed before.

Remember the Alamo? Pah. Remember Dreamfinder.

PS: Wouldn't Brian Blessed make the BEST Dreamfinder? If you don't know who I'm talking about, look him up on IMDb. He's perfect.
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!!

the figment part lol

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    [QUOTE=cheshire_cat_81]
    Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055
    The new ride is awful, even with Figment. Yeah, an upside down house. VERY imaginative. The original ride was so much better and truly was a work of imagination. You could ride that one numerous times and see something new each time that you hadn't noticed before.

Well said! It amazed me every time I rode it. I have heard rumors that the pavillion is going to be returned to it's former splendor, and the ride to a version similar to it's days of yore. Hopefully these are true. I miss being a little kid and walking through that tunnel of rainbow neon, lol. check out these movies for a blast from the past...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nhEE...%20imagination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9E4y...%20imagination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpSpN...%20imagination
    Thanks for posting these movies. I love how the person who put these together used the source audio from the attraction and then synced it with the home movie footage. I have a version of the old JII on my computer, but it's just a home movie with the audio from the camera, which picks up all the background noise and you can barely hear what's going on in the ride.

These are a great find.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm glad that you enjoyed them. They made me smile quite a bit. One can only hope thigs will be as they once were.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    has anyone noticed that they say that figment was an experiment in the imagination association thingy.... Figment was made by the dreamfinder.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

DukesDukette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never knew that they got rid of Figment. I always liked him. I haven't got a chance to ride the new and improved ride so I can't comment on that. I can say is that I like Figment and he needs to remain apart of the Disney family.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nigel Channing got hungry and decided to eat purple dragon for dinner, which caused the Dreamfinder to get mad. Rumors have it that, as revenge, Dreamfinder plans to take out Dr. Channing and reinsert himself into Imagination and re-create the real Figment.
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know about this new independent Figment, he needs Dreamfinder, especially when Dreamfinder sits on a bike/dream machine that catches all the dreams and imagination and figment is in the front...I loved that one
    The Goofy Princess

Yup..i am soo upset that they got rid of the old one - even tho that happened a couple of years ago-
    I don't get it..haven't they noticed yet that nobody likes the new one??

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    the original figment was so much better i remember everyone around me was crying outside the ride cuz figment was gone i was there a couple days after it opened. i was ticked
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Figment should never have been touched, ever. THe original ride was amazing and the play area on the second floor was really neat. Then they changed the whole thing into Journey into Your Imagination for the new millenium removing Dreamfinder and Figment from the picture. Then they realized the error of their ways and kept what they had but reinstated Figment. To top it all off there are rumors of a fourth renovation headed by Tony Baxter. Just keep Figment this time.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

I say they remake it into what it was the first time..they have made too many mistakes already..Haven't they figured out yet that they are ruining the ride's existence??

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder

The Problem with the NEW Figment

Anyone who's read my honeymoon trip report will already know my take - but as an AVID Dreamfinder and Figment fan (see this weeks MouseTunes for more details), my dismay with the new Figment cannot be contained.

Now - to clarify - my rant is not about the ride (as unfulfilling as it is - with Nigel Channing instead of my beloved Dreamfinder) - my rant is about FIGMENT'S CHARACTER.

Who recalls the recipie for Figment?
    "Two tiny wings...eyes big and yellow...horns of a steer...but a loveable fellow...from head to tail, he's royal purple pigment....and there, VOILA - you've got a figment."

But...he wasn't just right...

"Ah ah ah...not quite...I'll throw in a dash of childish delight!"

Can you hear my dismay already?

The new Figment is an imp - he's a trickster - he's a jokester - and something like Stitch (note: I like Stitch - because this is who he is, but it's NOT who Figment is). He is not the childlike wonderful creature who was experimenting with his imagination. He wasn't gross or immature - he was CHILDLIKE.

Am I the only one who sees this?

WHERE IS MY FIGMENT?!?!?!

Grizzpyre/Jonathan

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzpyre
    The new Figment is an imp - he's a trickster - he's a jokester - and something like Stitch (note: I like Stitch - because this is who he is, but it's NOT who Figment is). He is not the childlike wonderful creature who was experimenting with his imagination. He wasn't gross or immature - he was CHILDLIKE.

Am I the only one who sees this?

WHERE IS MY FIGMENT?!?!?!

Grizzpyre/Jonathan
    I dont think that he is too gross or immature. All that he does is just to show that imagination isnt a science project or an equation to be solved rather your mind letting loose. I really dont see any difference between the old figment and the new one...... hes as much a child as ever.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can see your point - but childish and disruptive aren't the same thing...I guess I just remember Figment as full of wonder and delight, and not necessarily so juvenile...he was more...5....and less....12. You know?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast