Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Happened To Figment? in the I Remember... forums; I saw Figment and the Dreamkeeper back in 1998. I was unaware it was changed. Does Figment still sing "Imagination"? It was a very upbeat and colorful attraction; maybe corny ...
    Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I saw Figment and the Dreamkeeper back in 1998. I was unaware it was changed. Does Figment still sing "Imagination"? It was a very upbeat and colorful attraction; maybe corny by today's standards. It seems that many of my favorite attractions are being demolished or being modernized.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I don't know if i ever went on the original figment attraction, i actually like the one they have now.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    I don't remember going on the original Figment ride. I like the one that is there now. But don't listen to my opion because I never went on the first one.
    MOUSE

KyleM is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What Happened To Figment?

I feel like when they were taking the original apart someone would have known that it was a bad idea. I think the new ride is lame. The old one was as good as small world or pirates in my opinion. But I can whine all I want. There were a lot of corporate politics that lead to this attractions demise.
    I would like to know why we have to endure the lame imageworks. I want to go upstairs again. I wonder if you can rent that space upstairs for events.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

they might have a shot of redemption if they just brought back dreamfinder...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I remember the old Figment well, it was my favorite when I was a kid. I don't like the new one, its pretty pathetic compared to what the ride used to be. I can honestly say, I don't know of anyone who preffers the current attraction that also went on the original.

It seems that the people that like the current Figment are the ones that never saw how it used to be.

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: What Happened To Figment?

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: What Happened To Figment?

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

MorenaSangre is offline A-Ticket holder

I wanted to share this...
    For me, this is the reason I miss the original attraction so deeply and wish it had never been completely re-done and changed: Imagining the Impossible: Disney Ruminations: Journey into Imagination: The Missing Spark

interesting...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Flotsam&Jetsam is offline Fastpass Holder

Great insight by that guy. And right on in many ways.

maybe with kodak out... they can try and spark some new imagination...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    maybe with kodak out... they can try and spark some new imagination...
    I agree. Not too sad to see Kodak gone. They can take their "what if" labs with them. That whole 1999 thing was a disaster. I like the ride now but when I watch the videos of the original and the upstairs....I feel like getting sick. According to Wikipedia, Figment and Dreamfinder were extremely popular, even when the attraction went down in 1998.

And, please...paint the building back white and blue and get rid of those hideous Kodak-looking colors. They painted UoE back to its original colors last year....

painting it back is a possibility... and your right... the attraction was popular when Dreamfinder was a part of it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I found an old picture of Imagination! when it was painted blue. I see it as a possibility, honestly. UoE got its original colors back... Was Imagionation painted those colors to look like Kodak? They're almost hideous.

http://fpc.dos.state.fl.us/commerce/com03869.jpg

Adding to what I said about JII, IMO, Kodak ruined the original Journey Into Imagination and destroyed ImageWorks. It was their proposal to change Journey... in to what it became in order to compete with Fuji for the sponsorship. What a poor job they did. The whole thing was ruined and it has not seen anywhere near the success it did since then. Like I said somewhere else, I would propose keeping the ride similar to how it is, but bringing the Dreamfinder back with Figment somehow and making it more "imagination" based instead of senses. Don't change the track and all like in 1999, just make modifications and fix ImageWorks. I think losing Kodak was the best thing for Imagination! in ages.

ETA: I found this on YouTube. Funny how all of that is just sitting up there. Very interesting!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zag_K...eature=related
    Last edited by clj2; 09-17-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast