Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Can anyone tell me what this memory is from? in the I Remember... forums; I remember watching an old home video of myself from what I believe was my first Disney trip (January '88... that would put me at age 3. it might also ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Can anyone tell me what this memory is from?

I remember watching an old home video of myself from what I believe was my first Disney trip (January '88... that would put me at age 3. it might also have been my second trip at around age 7, but I'm not sure), that had me taking part with a bunch of other kids in the making of this green-screen type of film. There was like 4 or 5 of us kids, and one guy who was telling us what to do (run in place, jump, etc.). They then put our actions to a scene that I think had something to do with a spaceship and some giant fireball or something like that.

I don't remember any more of it than that, and I haven't seen this home video in years. I assume the tape to be lost and gone forever. For some reason I want to think this was a part of the old Imagination pavilion, because I think I remember playing in the musical tunnel shortly after that, but that may just be a false memory because of the order the events played out in the home video. Can anyone help identify the origin of this fraction of a memory for me? Thanks!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My first trip to WDW was in Jan 89 and I was thinking the Imagination pavillion. But I could be wrong.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    that might have been the little preshow that they have I think at the Back lot tour.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    I think your right. It was from the upstairs play area at Imagination.
    Maggie

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    that might have been the little preshow that they have I think at the Back lot tour.
    I know it wasn't the backlot tour thing because that has always been a water tank for as long as I can remember. But this thing I'm remembering did involve a similar kind of show in that it took members out of the audience and put them into a short movie. But I'm fairly certain it had kind of a sci-fi feel to it, and did not take place in a water tank.

(Besides, I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to do the one on the backlot tour.)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    there used to be one in that theater where doug was i think too, using kids, and bluescreens.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey this is so funny that you said that. My wife has a similar home video of her and her sister in front of a green screen. It was like a western theme they were doing it to and they we just standing there staring at the tv off to the left instead of running in place and jumping. Anyway that was def. in the Imagination Pavillion. Do not know how long it was there for though.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am positive it was the Imagination pavilion with the Bearded guy and you had to use your imagination to get you everywhere on your adventure. In fact, i have a FEW home videos of myself, my brother, and friends when we were little doing that! It was great and you go to be on TV...! I hope this helps
    The Goofy Princess

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It was Dreamfinder's School of Drama which was in the Image Works when it was upstairs at the Journey into Imagination pavilion. There were three setups in a circle, and the kids would be lined up on a blue screen background while Dreamfinder would take you through some sort of story. IIRC, there were three different stories you could do. The only one I remember fairly well is the space one.
    Last edited by vowell1055; 05-20-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Good call. "Dreamfinder's School of Drama." I would have been about nine, and fondly recall being blue/green-screened with a bunch of other anklebiters into a wild west saloon shootout, and while they were reduced to shooting with their fingers, I creatively broke out the pantomime belt-fed machine gun......

(Dreamfinder would've been so proud.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Good one. My cousin and I used to howl in pain and blow on our feet when we had to stomp on the "thruster dust" that made flaming thrust come out of your feet on the space one. Always had to be the different ones.

tinkerj is offline A-Ticket holder
    it was superstar television. The pavilion has been vacant for some years now. i asked about it last time i was there (last year) and they said it is being worked on, but its EXTREMELY confidential... sounds fun eh??
    ... Only the most elegant.

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yup, that was DreamWorks in Journey into Imagination. They closed it down some time ago and made the ride the dreck it is today. This is truly a case of "remember the magic." Bring back the original!!!!
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I also think that it was at Epcot's "Imagination". It was sponsored by Kodak and had these kinds of attractions.

Refiner is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Oh that brings back memories

Journey into Imagination was awesome. It was one of the first places I'd like to visit at EPCOT. Dreamworks School's greenscreen was a hoot
    Oooo ... here be dragons! Please visit them.

(aww trying for more little guys).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast