Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What Is Your Favorite Extinct Fantasyland Attraction?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss FantasyLand Extinct Attractions in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by wdwfan1 What is your favorite Fantasyland Extinct Attraction??? am torn between Skyway And Mr Toads...
    poohpoohflutter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfan1 View Post
    What is your favorite Fantasyland Extinct Attraction???
    am torn between Skyway And Mr Toads

TrueLiz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't remember how many times I was able to ride the Skyway to Tomorrowland as a kid, but I recall thinking it was so cool, and so much fun to watch even when I wasn't on it. It was like it was the magic vehicle bringing me into the cool Tomorrowland (as we always hit Fantasyland first.

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It was a toss-up between Mr Toad and 20,000 Leagues, but I had to go with 20,000 Leagues since I have the most vivid memories of that one. I wish we could have them both back!!!

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I loved the Skyway. It was another way to take a break and people watch. I miss 20,000 leagues too. That was a cool ride but even when I was younger I could tell that this ride needed some serious updating. So sad to see that area just sitting there.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I'm old enough to have been on 20K & Toad. In all honesty those are 2 rides I didn't go on much by choice (too many better things to do). Now that they are gone I miss them both but I think 20k was so unique and special, it has to be the winner. They shut it down to save money because it was so much more expensive to run than other attractions. Here is a good article to read if you want to know about 20K. Widen Your World - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea I think Toad got the axe simply because it was based on a pretty obscure cartoon that they had no merch. for. (plush toys)

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I miss the Skyway, it was the fastest way across the park for me!
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

somethingfishy6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i LOVED festival of the lion king! but i'm biased, it is my favorite disney movie, and they got rid of it when i was like...8, so i don't really remember it much

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I would've voted for The Mickey Mouse Revue.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

Quote Originally Posted by somethingfishy6 View Post
    i LOVED festival of the lion king! but i'm biased, it is my favorite disney movie, and they got rid of it when i was like...8, so i don't really remember it much

Is this the same one that they have at Animal Kingdom now?
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

somethingfishy6 is offline A-Ticket holder

the lion king show

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    Is this the same one that they have at Animal Kingdom now?
    no. Although that one is fantastic. This one was with puppets!

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is one of my most vivid WDW memories as a little tyke.

It would be fun to have one of the old "subs" in the backyard.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is one of my most vivid WDW memories as a little tyke.

It would be fun to have one of the old "subs" in the backyard.
    If you take a Disney cruise and snorkel at Castaway Cay you can see (and touch) one of the 20K subs. One has been sunk in the lagoon there.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    If you take a Disney cruise and snorkel at Castaway Cay you can see (and touch) one of the 20K subs. One has been sunk in the lagoon there.

Wow, that's pretty neat! I wonder if any of the other resorts world wide have incorporated them?

I never had the opportunity to ride 20K, although i most likely would have loved it. Its nice to have the playful spot, but thats only good if you have lil bits. Didnt they redo the ride at DL Anaheim with a Nemo theme?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    Didnt they redo the ride at DL Anaheim with a Nemo theme?

I believe they did.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast