Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss MGM Backstage Lot Tour The things I miss in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn It's been awhile so I may be dreaming this but wasn't one of these also the Brady Bunch house? I *thought* it was the one with ...
    echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    It's been awhile so I may be dreaming this but wasn't one of these also the Brady Bunch house? I *thought* it was the one with Herbie in the drive but that can't be right because the Brady ouse was 2 stories wasn't it?
    That was a common misconception...don't feel bad...but no, there was never a Brady Bunch house on Res Street...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    That was a common misconception...don't feel bad...but no, there was never a Brady Bunch house on Res Street...
    Heck I don't feel bad... it's been so long since I've seen the houses it doesn't surprise me that I mis-remembered it. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by echoscot
    Back in 1996 or 1997 we had just finished the installation of the lights on Residential Street and our Stage Manager took this "family" photo. I know you can't see the houses too well, but I think it is a fun photo. I am just left of center with an orange belt around my neck.
    Great photo!! I envy you for being able to have been involved in this!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I liked the residential drive too. My family wasn't that keen on it, but I liked riding through the "neighborhood". I can't believe I don't have pictures of it. Maybe they ended up on the disk that I can no longer open. I always had high hopes of seeing a program filmed on the sound stage. Another dream dashed.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    yeah, I really wish they would bring this one back...the original
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

BravesFan1036 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    Yea I would love to see pictures of residential street as well. Particulrly at Christmas Time. My wife said they decorated all the houses for christmas and let you walk around them. Would love to hear more details about this and see pictures if anybody has them.
    Maestro---Back in 2001, my girlfriend (at the time) and I did the Osborne Lights, and we were able to walk down the residential street. It was awesome. All of the houses were decorated (from what I remember), it was a fun walk down the street. In fact, I took a picture of my girlfriend in front of the Golden Girls' mailbox which was covered in lights. I would post the picture, however it is in a scrapbook...and she has it. I'm married now, and really wish I had that scrapbook!
    GO BRAVES!

BravesFan1036 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ...from what I remember, you weren't allowed to walk on the lawns or anything, they had them roped off. You had to stay on the street.
    GO BRAVES!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12