Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Epcot Behind The Scenes Attraction in the I Remember... forums; OK this is going back to sometime in the 1980's I remeber an attraction at EPCOT. IOT was a behind the scenes tour of their computers. You were ushered in ...
    HrCollectibles is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot Behind The Scenes Attraction

OK this is going back to sometime in the 1980's I remeber an attraction at EPCOT. IOT was a behind the scenes tour of their computers. You were ushered in and sat on these benches over looking a control room and a small guy was projected onto the glass.. Anyone remember this???
    George

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Oh yeah! That show inspired a gold-medal winning Math Fair project and interest in learning to program computers.

Communicore East and West (now Innoventions) housed a number of attractions, including "Backstage Magic", presented by UNISYS. In this show, "Computer Operator Julie and her graphic sidekick I/O take guests on a journey through the history of computers" according to an old guidemap. It ended with a view of the Epcot Computer Central, which supposedly housed all the computers that controlled everything in Epcot Center.

Also in Communicore East was the Electronic Forum - a big survey center, an Energy Exchange by Exxon exhibit, and Travelport by American Express.

Communicore West had FutureCom by AT&T (future communications devices); Expo Robotics - a robot that painted for you and 5 robots that spun tops; a Teacher's Center and Epcot Outreach.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HrCollectibles is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you I am glad I didn't Imagine that Now If I could just figure out the name of the boat battle in the middle of the lagon in the world showcase
    George