Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Will "Electrical Parade" Return? in the I Remember... forums; I am a big fan of the "Electrical Parade". "Spectromagic" is nice but is not as much fun. Any chance of its return? Friends I've spoken to all prefer "Electrical"....
    Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder

Will "Electrical Parade" Return?

I am a big fan of the "Electrical Parade". "Spectromagic" is nice but is not as much fun. Any chance of its return? Friends I've spoken to all prefer "Electrical".

SorcererG is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's currently running at Disney's California Adventure. My guess is that it won't be returing to WDW anytime soon.

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    If it ever returned to WDW, I would be down there so fast, Main Street wouldn't know what hit them!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think it is in Disneyland Paris as well, but I could be wrong. The Electrical Parade is my favorite, but I think it's because it was the one I saw first. I have the music on my pda.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I think the "Electrical Parade" is also at Disneyland Paris, too. Lucky French! Yes, the tune "Baroque Hoedown" is very catchy, I hum it all the time.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    If the ELP would ever return it would probably be a more up-to-date version a la Spectro. I loved ELP and was lucky enough to be one of the first to see it when it first apppeared at WDW, and also was lucky to see it when it returned for its last visit to WDW a few years ago.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

I first saw ELP in the summer of 1972 in California and fell in love with it. Sadly, I heard that it might never return to WDW. If the Disney folks would realize that many old-timers would re-visit WDW just to relive the ELP, they would quickly bring it back. Too bad they can't alternate the ELP with Spectromagic, that would be amazing.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    We saw "Disney's" Electrical Parade in DCA a few weeks ago, and it was terrific to see the old parade again. The Baroque Hoedown music always makes me smile, and it was really something special to see how well the parade has been maintained over the years.

I definitely think that MK could use the Electrical Parade on certain nights as an alternate to Spectromagic. If I'm not mistaken, Spectro runs twice per night, so why couldn't they run the Electrical Parade once per night and Spectro once per night. Just a thought.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    WHEN DID IT LEAVE? i haven't been to WDW for two years now!( bc of family losses...)
    aww man i loved that parade!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Sadly, the Electric Parade left Walt Disney World in April 01 and was replaced by "Spectromagic". They say it will never return but there's always a way if enough people complain.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Spectromagic replaced the WDW Main Street Electrical Parade in October 1991, then the Disneyland version of MSEP came to WDW for a time between 1999-2001. Spectro returned on April 2, 2001 and has been running at WDW ever since.

Disneyland Paris is now running a parade called Fantillusion at night, along with their version of Wishes! fireworks. Totally unrelated, found this: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/ex...dex_140606.htm announcement on the DLP web site.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The parades tend to float around, and they are due for a new nighttime parade. the Electrical parade is at Disneyland's California Adventure. And I'm sure they'll swap for awhile, I've heard rumors of the Stars and Motors Car parade going out to Cali and then the eletrical parade coming back but being at MGM, however I have not seen this confirmed, it was only rumors. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    What's the difference? I thought they were pretty much the same?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Belive it or not I actually don't want the Electrical parade to come back. I like Spectro much better. But, say what you want about me I'm just a 9 year-old.
    I just love World of Warcraft.

KristenGwyn2006 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I lvoe spectromagic!!! I cry when I listen to the music!!!! It's just amazing!
    Walt Disney World Trips
    August 1999-Offsite
    July 2006-Offsite
    June 2007- POR
    June 2008- POR
    July 2010- POR

...Hakuna Matata...
    It means no worries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast