Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Your #1 Disney Memory in the I Remember... forums; I have a stranger favorite memory... I remember me and my dad were sitting at Port Orleans Riverside outside the lobby in back... And the horse carrige ride pulled up ...
    gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    I have a stranger favorite memory... I remember me and my dad were sitting at Port Orleans Riverside outside the lobby in back... And the horse carrige ride pulled up and the driver stopped to give the horse a drink and some food... This kid went up to the horse and started petting it and asked the driver is it a real horse... And my dad said under his breath... No we are in Disney World... Everything in Disney World is fake... i thought it was funny...

The sad thing is... Is that even though i have been obsessed with WDW forever... I only have memories of the last 2 trips i took... and only one of those trips was very enjoyable... I guess i just reached one of those ages where your mind decides to delete some memories that maybe you didnt want to lose... But i cant remember anything mainly because I just started really learning about everything disney.... So i learned to appreciate it more and so i remember stuff better
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

ppet is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Hard to choose

I had two great experiences at WDW. The first was giving my mother tickets and taking her for her first time ever and she broke down into tears. or the time I got to swim in the living seas at epcot with husband and kids. Did i mention the two "big" sharks?

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ppet View Post
    I had two great experiences at WDW. The first was giving my mother tickets and taking her for her first time ever and she broke down into tears. or the time I got to swim in the living seas at epcot with husband and kids. Did i mention the two "big" sharks?
    I've been diving in the Living Seas too. How cool was that?!?!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    The memory that makes me smile the most is when things went wrong on Thunder Mtn. The ride shut down mid afternoon as we just got to the front of the que, due to a thunder storm.
    So we waited about 40mins sat in the train until the rain stopped and the test train completed a full trip. We were the first train back out, and part way round (just at the start of an uphill climb) the computer system stopped the ride again coz the track was too wet for the brakes to work.
    The position the train stopped in meant my seat was directly under the drip from a little wooden hut you pass under ( i bet some of you know where i mean). Anyhow, having spent all that time sat inside keeping dry during the storm, i was dripped on for the 15mins it took for them to come and release the safety bars and walk as all back thu the Mtn and out!!!!! So everyone on the train except me was lovely and dry, it was so funny and a memory that could never have been planned!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    heh that reminds me of last year. I braught a friend to WDW with me, and he never went before. we went on HM, Its a small world, Big thunder mtn., Buzz Lightyear, and peter pan (and of course all the others) however we got stuck on the ones i mentioned!!! we were joking w/ him when we got stuck on HM, small world, buzz, and peter pan, and when we got to BTMRR we were scared b/c we thought it'd get stuck again... and it did...lol just thought it was kinda funny... o and WE GOT STUCK ON SPACE MOUNTAIN ( and the lights were on) i got pics for ne1 that wants to c!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    On a school trip to EuroDisney (a very long time ago!), there was an afternoon when all it did was rain, so while most people walked under the cover of the shop canopies, me and 4 friends, linked arms and skipped down the center of Main Street, from one end to the other. Not a single person was in our way but we did have quite a few photos taken of us. Having fun is what its all about isnt it?!?!?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have so many great memories; the first time I went to Disneyland, every time I see the castle for the first time on a trip, and our first time of staying on property. Probably the best was remembering how excited my mom was to have her picture taken with Mickey and her granddaughter. It was mom's first trip to Disney. She was 67. Just goes to show you're never too old to see Mickey.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    First Disney movie memory: Seeing Bambi in the theater at the AF Base we were stationed at....was very early 80's I would say.

First WDW memory: Walking through the parking lot to the gates. I don't remember much about the lot, but I remember my mom carrying a really cool army green backpack. This was 1981. I also remember riding Dumbo with my dad. Those are the only memories I have of that trip.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have plenty, but one sticks out in my mind. After a 10 year wait, I was finally able to take my family to WDW. My daughter, 4 at the time, was a bit confused by everything...the wife and I were bombarding her with information. Our first day there, we of course went to the Magic Kingdom. Walking to the ferryboat, the Castle suddenly popped into view from behind the trees. I started hopping up and down with my girl, practically yelling "The Castle! The Castle!" Her eyes lit up with amazement...then, coming off of the arriving ferry, were Pluto, Chip and Dale. As my daughter stood there in shock, Pluto walks over to her, bends down, gives her warm hug, then wanders off into the crowd. It did bring tears to my eyes....stuff like this is why we came! She's been hooked ever since.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

ZambeziZelda is offline A-Ticket holder
    On the Nile, the longest river in the world...it goes on for Niles and Niles and Niles. What? You don't believe me?? Well, you must be in deNile....
    A few months ago I was actually terminated from working at WDW. I was pretty devastated, so my friends took me to the Adventurers Club the night before my plane trip home. Throughout the evening I couldn't help but notice that one of my friends kept sneakily talking to managers, but I'm being completely honest when I say I had no idea what he was up to. During the Hoopla, I made sure to snag my favorite table right up front, and I admit I was a bit teary eyed knowing that this would be my last Hoopla for a very long time. Samantha sang the opening song, but then instead of passing the mike off to the next Adventurer, she said "Now, tonight we have some very sad news. We've found out that one of our fellow adventurers is going to be leaving us tomorrow, and we wanted to get the chance to say goodbye." She then pulled me up onstage, and I was, needless to say, completely speechless. The entire cast gathered around me for a picture, and they presented me with a signed cast photo, a copy of the Club Creed, and an Official Member pin. It was such a nice gesture and I was completely fighting off tears (and failing...)

The worst day of my life miraculously changed into one of the best nights because of all of the Adventurers at the AC. The memory still makes me smile, and I can't wait until I can go back and thank them personally
    You who crave danger and snicker at fear...

Kungaloosh!

eeyore4me is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm a newbie and just stumbled on the site, but I couldn't bear to not share my experience!

My favorite memory of Disney was from the first trip we took our daughters on. They were 3 and 1 and we went to the Halloween party in 2003. DD3 was dressed as Cinderella...her ABSOLUTE favorite! DD1 was Minnie Mouse. We went through the whole park and came to Cinderella's coach. DD3 was beside herself and had to have a pic. Fairy Godmother was there taking pics w/the kids and we got in line...just as this incredibly rude woman bullied her way to the front of the line with her girls and even stepped on my daughter's toe. I simply refused to ruin my daughter's experience with a confrontation, so I chewed my tongue!

Miracles do happen! At the moment the nasty woman and her kids walked away, Fairy Godmother also walked away, and Cinderella took her place. My DD3 had her pic taken in full costume with THE Cinderella in front of her coach. I have the MOST beautiful pic of the two of them hugging (in the exact same regalia) in front of the coach! I cried because I knew how special this would be to her later!

I really need to scan it and post and will asap. I think I've finally found a home!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore4me View Post
    I'm a newbie and just stumbled on the site, but I couldn't bear to not share my experience!

My favorite memory of Disney was from the first trip we took our daughters on. They were 3 and 1 and we went to the Halloween party in 2003. DD3 was dressed as Cinderella...her ABSOLUTE favorite! DD1 was Minnie Mouse. We went through the whole park and came to Cinderella's coach. DD3 was beside herself and had to have a pic. Fairy Godmother was there taking pics w/the kids and we got in line...just as this incredibly rude woman bullied her way to the front of the line with her girls and even stepped on my daughter's toe. I simply refused to ruin my daughter's experience with a confrontation, so I chewed my tongue!

Miracles do happen! At the moment the nasty woman and her kids walked away, Fairy Godmother also walked away, and Cinderella took her place. My DD3 had her pic taken in full costume with THE Cinderella in front of her coach. I have the MOST beautiful pic of the two of them hugging (in the exact same regalia) in front of the coach! I cried because I knew how special this would be to her later!

I really need to scan it and post and will asap. I think I've finally found a home!
    Welcome aboard! I love this site too! I take my hat off to you for not jumping down that lady's throat. There's already been a thread on rude visitors to WDW so there's no need to rehash it. You did the right thing and it all worked out for your benefit but I hope someone reminded this lady that we have lines for a reason. This kind of curtails into another of my favorite stories. The family and I were waiting for a photo with Lilo and Stitch under the Sorcer's Hat in MGM. We were next in line and the CM with the two told us that they had to go in the back because they were over their time limit. My girls were sad because these were two of their favorites. The CM told us to stay in line becuase we would be rather happy with who was up next. And we were! The big Mouse himself came out and now I have my favorite family photo!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

msxpuck339 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Not my number one memory but the most memorable.....

I went to Disney World in 2000/2001, not really sure. We went with my whole moms side of the family. One night me and my cousin and my dad went over to Disney Quest. While there I lost my dad and cousin and was frantically searching for them. I finally found them after about 45 minutes of searching, however they did not share my concern that we had been seperated, they had taken the time to go build their own roller coaster and do the Aladdin attraction while I paniced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123