Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Your #1 Disney Memory in the I Remember... forums; Everybody has one...Here is the thread to share it with everybody else!!! Tell us something that you are never going to forget about disney world! It could be your 1st ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Your #1 Disney Memory

Everybody has one...Here is the thread to share it with everybody else!!!
    Tell us something that you are never going to forget about disney world! It could be your 1st memory of WDW or it could be something in which everytime you look back on you smile and are filled w/ happiness!!!

My memory is from when i was 10 years old and i visited Disney World the 1st time...I went w/ the Fowler Family, which are great friends of mine .. My best friend Mike and I stepped foot into Magic Kingdom and immediatly ran to our dinner reservations at Tonys Restaurant. After this it was just about night time, and i can remember exactly how the castle looked...I fell in love with Disney World at this point
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I know I'll probably get made fun of, but here goes.

I've only been to WDW one time (Oct 2005). Whe I rode IaSW for the first time, I kept thinking, "okay this is cute". Then when I got to the end of the ride when all the kids are singing in English, I almost cried.

My other one is the first time I saw Wishes. I did cry. I still cry even if I just here the music.

Okay, ya'll can laugh now.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    it's okay turkeymama, i cried during philharmagic! i was just so excited to be there!!

my favorite memory of WDW is the first time that my husband and i shared a dole whip together. we were on a trip with our inlaws (this was before we were married) and they decided to go back to the hotel for a little nap, which gave john and i a perfect time to sneak away to the magic kingdom together. we got a dole whip and shared it at what has become our table (right across from swiss family robinson treehouse). it was just such a great moment we shared together.

i also loved on our honeymoon when we got our very own boat for potc!! that was awesome.

awwww!! i miss wdw even more now!

great thread idea!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have several "favorite memories" from growing up, but I have to say that my absolute favorite memory was taking my girls to WDW for the first time when it was just our family. That was this past trip in Sept/Oct. We had been a couple of times before, but it was always with family and the girls were just as excited to be with their cousins as they were to be in WDW.

This time, however, they "saw" the World. This trip was all about them and they got to determine what we rode and when we rode it. When they saw Cinderella in her Castle, their eyes lit up. When they got their cards from Cinderella and Aurora in the hotel room, they were floored. When I saw my oldest daughter "directing" the music for Spectromagic, I cried (my wife and I grew up playing and singing). When my girls made it through the scary part of Fantasmic! by saying, "Without villans, we wouldn't have heros", I became the proud Daddy.

And I'm one of those 30-somethings tearing up at the end of Wishes, Fantasmic!, Illuminations, leaving the park, packing the car to go home, etc!!

All in all, this was the best trip I have ever had to Walt Disney World. I can't wait for us to go back!!!!
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 11-16-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

those r all great memories...its all good w/ you crying during wishes....even a 16 year old guy like me tears up w/ happiness from the wishes show
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I've been going to Disney ever since I was just a few months old. I have been so blessed to have had a season pass pretty much ever since. And there are literally thousands of memories that I have of Disney but I would say that two stand out more than anything.

My first is the feeling of running the Walt Disney World Marathon. There is just no way to describe the feeling of coming into Epcot before the sun even comes up and seeing the buildings all around "the world" lit up like they are durning Illuminations and the big globe out in the center of everything. Or the feeling of running down Main Street the the screams and cheers of thousands of people! I have been running for a few years now but there is NOTHING that has ever been able to compare to the feeling of running the marathon at Disney. I am 19 and I am going to run my second marathon there in January and I can't wait!

My other favorite memory, and probably the most special, was when I took my girlfriend to Disney this year (just us) and surprised her with dinner in Cinderella's Castle. I can honestly say that I dont think I have ever seen her smile so much for such a long time! We had an amazing day with an amazing dinner to finish it off. oooo the memories....and there are way to many more

ugh i wish i was an anual passholder... what is the WDW marathon for??!!?! that sounds like a lot of fun

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Man this is gonna sound corny but my favorite memory is the monorail ride over to MK. I had both of my daughters on my lap and when they saw the Castle they got so excited! Oh I guess I should include the wife in that as well, she never got to go on a vacation as a child. So needless to say she was as excited as they were! My eyes were welling up and I had to hide my face! It was the best time to be a Dad!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hey ohiodisneydad, I'm sure I'll be the same way. My little ones are still too young, but when we go in Nov. 2008, I know I'll have to hide my face too. Sometimes I get choked up thinking about it.
    My best memory is when I asked my wife to marry me. It was at one of the fountains at Port Orleans (1998). I had worked myself up to asking her all day. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. I had it all figured out to ask her by the fountain that she just loved. That night after a long day in the MK, I brought her to the fountain , and the STUPID THING WAS TURNED OFF!! I couldn't let that shake me, I asked her anyway! And the rest is history.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

hahah that is really funny that the fountain was turned off lol

dichuy is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family befriended one of the Dapper Dans at WDW right after the park opened in 1971. Bub Thomas was the older gentleman that always wore yellow and would do the goofy things during their organ chime/singing gigs. On a trip in 1974 or 75 Bub took us down underneath into the tunnels. I was about 13 and was SO EXCITED by this. He showed us how the tunnels were color coordinated and took us to a CM place for hot dogs. He also took us up above what was then the penny arcade to where his desk was on the second floor. I'll never forget that, nor Bub. He was a wonderful man and is greatly missed.

PS: firemedic, that was too bad the fountain was turned off. Glad you did it anyway!!!

butch61 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My favourite memory was when i first went to The Magic Kingdom in 1981 i was 20 years old coming from the U.K. there was nothing like this in my home country i was totally blown away by it! It took me 22 years to finally get back there and i have been 3 times since then and already booked for next year!
    My other magical memory was when Winnie the Pooh took my mentally handicapped little girls spoon off her and dipped it into her ice cream and fed her with it.
    Absolute MAGIC!
    Disney Magic Forever

im gunna do another memory

haha there are just so many memory's i have that im going to share another

I will remember for the rest of my life the time last year when i was on Space Mountain and the ride suddenly came to a stop! THE LIGHTS TURNED ON!!!! it is such a cool experiance to see SpaceMountain with the lights on from the TTA/ the SpaceMountain line, but seeing it while actually on the ride is SOMETHING ELSE!!!! ugh it waas the coolest thing ever!!! this story i will ALWAYS remember and will probably tell it 100000 times in my life!!! below is a picture that i took while on the ride!!!

dichuy is offline A-Ticket holder
    great pic C! Thanks for sharing it with us

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yeah, that's gotta be cool to see while on the ride!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast