Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss what happen to river country? in the I Remember... forums; what happen to river country i never found out i went once with my friends and loved it. was it becase the other water parks took everyone away from it?...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Question what happen to river country?

what happen to river country i never found out i went once with my friends and loved it. was it becase the other water parks took everyone away from it?
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    River Country was old. It was run down. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the upkeep was too costly, and it was cheaper just to shut it down than upgrade it. Yes, I'm sure Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach had something to do with it because they are newer and they don't need as much maintance, but it could just be because of its age.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Hey! We talked about this the other day! Here's some more info on it, including a spiffy map I found!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=9662
    Tina

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wow, I just went on Microsoft Virtual Earth in the Birds Eye mode and River Country looks disgusting.
    It looks like it did when it was open except it was all over grown and the water was loaded with gunk.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's to bad because we use to enjoy River Country, I hope that do something worthwhile with that area, I hate to see it like it is now.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boater View Post
    Wow, I just went on Microsoft Virtual Earth in the Birds Eye mode and River Country looks disgusting.
    It looks like it did when it was open except it was all over grown and the water was loaded with gunk.
    Here is a link to it. http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=3930025
    Last edited by skiyalater; 12-09-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Well when I become CEO of the Disney Company... Ill clean it up and Ill re open it for all of you lovely people... Just hang around for another 20 years...
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Thanks gonesouthin, you sound like my kind of CEO , we need to talk in about 20 years, I have some ideas.........
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lol okie dokie
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Im gonna post all my ideas for CEO on my website sooner or later.

CaptainMatt is offline A-Ticket holder
    I could be wrong, but my undertanding is that River Country still exists and it is only used for private functions and rentals. I'm probably wrong though.