Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Imagineering Discuss Prerequisites for Imagineering? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey, I thought I would recommend some suggested reading for those thinking about trying to become an Imagineer. Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic ...
    hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hey, I thought I would recommend some suggested reading for those thinking about trying to become an Imagineer.

Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real by The Imagineers
    The Imagineering Way: Ideas to Ignite Your Creativity by The Imagineers
    The Imagineering Field Guide to Magic Kingdom by The Imagineers
    The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot by The Imagineers

And of course there are many more. These will give you a good foundation on what it's like to be an Imagineer! Best of luck to everyone!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am majoring in Technical Theatre with a concentration in set design...Shouldn't that help me in any way in becoming an engineer? I draw plans, paint scenery, even build stuff...so...yeah...lol

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I got the degrees, now I have to figure out how to get into the Disney Co.

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    In case anyone is wondering about what type of graphics WDI does it is environmental graphics, not web design or print graphics or computer graphics. If you are interested in that you should think about the Disney Design group.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmarshal22 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering about what type of graphics WDI does it is environmental graphics, not web design or print graphics or computer graphics. If you are interested in that you should think about the Disney Design group.

Do you mean environmental graphics referring to set design? I'm not sure I followed this post correctly.

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    its like signage, elevations, marquees, directional signage, road signs, operations signs, etc.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    you can also go on the Disney website and find listings for internships with Imagineering. this was one of the first things i did when i got off the CP. the CP itsself is a great in to The Walt Disney Company. if any of you are still in college are going in you really wanna go after this program if a Disney job is where you want to go. on my first week Disney hosted a welcome party for the CPs at MK, we got to meet a lot of people from the different areas of Disney, including Imagineering.

disneydramadiva is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been looking for a while on the Disney Professionals website for Imagineering Internships, but I haven't been able to find any. But I won't be able to apply for on for a while, so it is really irrelevant for me to be looking.
    Imagineering is my Calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    you can also go on the Disney website and find listings for internships with Imagineering. this was one of the first things i did when i got off the CP. the CP itsself is a great in to The Walt Disney Company. if any of you are still in college are going in you really wanna go after this program if a Disney job is where you want to go. on my first week Disney hosted a welcome party for the CPs at MK, we got to meet a lot of people from the different areas of Disney, including Imagineering.

CP? Not sure I know what that is.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    ah, sorry. i forget sometimes that not everybody knows what the CP is. the CP is the Walt Disney World College Program. they also have an international section for people from outside the U.S.. The college program is an internship program that people enrolled in college can join. if you have any other questions about it let me know.

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm a CP right now! But we didn't have any kind of party like that.......although, the other night for Epcot's 25th, we watched Illuminations from Italy..and that must have been the best spot, because when we turned around Jim McPhee, Marty Sklar, and every other executive were standing behind us watching it too!

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    ah, sorry. i forget sometimes that not everybody knows what the CP is. the CP is the Walt Disney World College Program. they also have an international section for people from outside the U.S.. The college program is an internship program that people enrolled in college can join. if you have any other questions about it let me know.

Ahhh...cool. Yeah i didn't know what the CP acronym stood for. The College Program recruiters come to LSU a couple times a year I think. I'm planning on talking to them next time they come to campus. I'm currently enrolled in Mechanical Engineering and but I might be more interested in something dealing with set design. I don't think LSU has a specific program for it so I'm trying to figure out if there is something similar that they offer.

darthsakurachan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I noticed a lot of different engineering fields on the list, but I didn't see any aerospace engineering. Are some engineering fields preferable to others when it comes to trying to become an imagineer?

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    well im toying with becoming a recording or a sound engineer. im guessing theyll take that.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

SafariStitch is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsakurachan View Post
    I noticed a lot of different engineering fields on the list, but I didn't see any aerospace engineering. Are some engineering fields preferable to others when it comes to trying to become an imagineer?
    Yeah, I definitely think that some engineering fields are more desirable than others when it comes to Imagineering. But, it also depends on the needs of the job. It kind of seems like the more "hardware oriented" fields tend to be more sought after by Disney. Fields like Mechanical, Structural, and Electrical engineering all seem to be highly sought after talents (in terms of engineering). I have a background in computer engineering and computer science and it seems like my skill set is still available at Imagineering but I might be better off going after something like the Walt Disney Internet Group or something like that.

When I was a CP I talked to Imagineering and I must have talked to one that wasn't all that thrilled about their job because they complained that Imagineering is all about ramping up for an attraction/park and then lays off everyone after the attraction/park is complete. While this is kinda, sorta true I have to believe that with all the money Disney is throwing into the parks lately (ahem...california adventure...cough) and the influence John Lasseter is beginning to have on Imagineering, this career field should begin to get a little more stable and just as fun and exciting as you imagined.

Sorry for the long post.....I definitely go back and forth whether or not I'd like to apply
    What time is the 4 o'clock parade?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast