Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss Dr. Krump's Odditorium and Curio Shop in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This shop is the old "Museum of the Weird" idea reimagined. Each version of shop would be located near the Haunted Mansion and be style outside to fit the motif ...
    DarMar106 is offline A-Ticket holder

Dr. Krump's Odditorium and Curio Shop

This shop is the old "Museum of the Weird" idea reimagined. Each version of shop would be located near the Haunted Mansion and be style outside to fit the motif of the facade of the Mansion exterior. A difference thought would be the shop would look very old like a sign would say "Dr. Krump's Odditorium and Curio Shop Established ?". The outside window would have strnage items like a crystal skull, a monkey's paw, a misel"toe" and various other things,\. It could be changed in and out or be permanent and change from various incarnations. The inside would be a cross between a gypsy seance room and the Adventurer's Club in WDW. The first thing you would notice is an enormous fireplace in the shape of a monster's mouth that seems to have an unusual green flame. This would be a cross between a Ripley's and Novelty shop. This would carry items like those invisible dog leashes, and magic tricks. There wouold also be an in house magician like at The Magic Shop on Main Street. Along with the real item there would be some unreal items. Get your son's lip disc for only 19.95. Want to own your very own Dragon tooth or Yeti scalp? How bout a vial of Water from the Fountain of Youth. The Doc's got it! The unreal aspects would be unique in each shop bein real unusaul things in our world as well as the otherworldly. Along with items there are also some interactive elements, have conversation with spitis on the other side in a glowing mystic pool, or talk to the Magic Mirror and get your fortune told. Also there would be pictures of the Doctor on his various adventures. One noticable picture would be a painting of the Doctor himself, But what this? A minute ago he was sitting in that chair, now heis standing next to it. The main effect would be he moves here and there ala Harry Potter, a B version would be if the effect is down, Krump would be in his chair with a smirk on his face and he jsut can't keep his eyes off you.

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I was think about something similar the other day when I was reading Walt Disney Imagineering. I never thought it through that much though. I just saw the original idea and thought that there has never been more than a cart outside the HM that I can remember. Great Idea!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.