Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Kuzco's Llamarama: Good or Bad idea?

This poll will close on 12-10-2021 at 10:20 PM

Imagineering Discuss Emporer's New Groove Ride in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well since it hasn't gotten any love from the theme parks, and the Emperor's franchise being completely awesome, it got me thinking. What about a ride called "Kuzco's Llamarama!" It ...
    Shelton123 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Emporer's New Groove Ride

Well since it hasn't gotten any love from the theme parks, and the Emperor's franchise being completely awesome, it got me thinking. What about a ride called "Kuzco's Llamarama!" It could be like a roller coaster, but the vehicle would be a long Llama, like on BTMRR, but it would be a bit wilder, probably a bigger drop, maybe even some loopdeloops. Vote on the poll for yes or no!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    No to the coaster idea. If it was an awsomely themed dark ride with a lot of sight gags in there, then sure, go for it :P

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I kind of agree with Pygmy here. I think with the comedic timing of that movie and the ensuing series, some sort of dark ride with a lot sight gags would be great. Maybe Kusco narrating your way through Kuscotopia and doing his usual schtick as you pass each landmark and resident.

Unfortunately while I also love the Emporer's "franchise", it doesn't get a lot of love around here.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am also a fan of ENG and Kronk, specifically. How about a dark slow ride like BamaJenn mentioned then one big drop just like the one Yzma and Kronk ride to get to the secret lab?

Is that my voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I am also a fan of ENG and Kronk, specifically. How about a dark slow ride like BamaJenn mentioned then one big drop just like the one Yzma and Kronk ride to get to the secret lab?

Is that my voice?
    Ahhhh now I'm seeing a boat ride... with a drop like in Pirates. LOL!! I gotta tell ya I always did say that the "ride" on the way to her lab would be great but way too short. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ahhhh now I'm seeing a boat ride... with a drop like in Pirates. LOL!! I gotta tell ya I always did say that the "ride" on the way to her lab would be great but way too short. LOL!
    I was thinking more like a Splash Mountain drop! In the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I was thinking more like a Splash Mountain drop! In the dark!
    I hate getting wet. I also hate the idea of getting wet without knowing it's coming. I still cringe on the drop during Pirates and Maelstrom afraid I'm gonna get dripped on. LOL!!

So I gather you don't care for Kali River Rapids? Ha ha!

Ok, so how about a slow ride on a track with a slight incline throughout and then a drop, BTMRR style.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    [quote=Shelton123;637916] What about a ride called "Kuzco's Llamarama!"

Isn't 'Llamarama' a fabulous word!?! Think it's a good name for a whole theme park, not just a ride.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    It sounds cool, maybe something like Dinorama at Animal Kingdom? An area with several attractions related to the movie would be cool. A roller coaster type ride for Yzma that leads to her lab, like in the movie? Just a thougt, LOL.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

SkittleE275 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Emporer's New Groove Ride

I like the dark ride idea, but I don't think it should be a boat ride. For the roller coaster into Yzma's lab idea, I definitely think that should be in there. With all the little purple arch-ish things they pass through, of course.

You know what, how about it goes like this. You get into the little roller coaster car used in the movie for the ride down into Yzma's lab. You go into a room similar to the beginning of ENG with sounds like it's storming and, of course, a pathetic llama weeping. Kuzco is narrating the ride and talks about how innocent he is. Then you go into a little scene basically taking you through him firing Yzma, and then you see how angry Yzma get's, go through a door, everything goes dark for a second, and then you start curving downhill in the roller coaster to Yzma's lab. And then the rest of the ride happens, because I haven't thought any farther ahead.
    Destroying the joy in life since 1998
    Certified Grammar Nazi
    Believer in George!

Animal Kingdom: 2003
    Animal Kingdom: 2006
    Saratoga Springs: 2008

SkittleE275 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Emporer's New Groove Ride

Ooh, and for a "Wrong lever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing you could suddenly stop in a "dead end" room, an audioanimatronic Yzma tells Kronk to pull the lever, he pulls it, and the car suddenly drops down (courtesy of a nice little quickly-falling, yet controlled platform) into the room with Yzma trying to get an alligator off of her. And to make it feel like you're really falling, an EMV will rock you back and forth giving you that unsteady, "Oh my gosh I'm going to die" feeling.
    Last edited by SkittleE275; 03-13-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    Destroying the joy in life since 1998
    Certified Grammar Nazi
    Believer in George!

Animal Kingdom: 2003
    Animal Kingdom: 2006
    Saratoga Springs: 2008