Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Imagineering Discuss Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Emporer's Sword in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Does anyone think this would be a good idea for Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom? Send me a message for more details on this ride idea and others....
    Imagineering101 is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Emporer's Sword

Does anyone think this would be a good idea for Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom? Send me a message for more details on this ride idea and others.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Why not post the idea here so we can all check it out? Don't know how good of an idea is just based off the title

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Sounds like it'd rock with all due hardness to me.

Cool the story

Ok, like someone said I need to include what happens. In this ride indy travels to Peru where he learns about the curse of emporer sanchez' sword. This ride is on a track and there are 2 versions of the ride but both tracks connect later. This ride includes a colapsing bridge,crocodile pit,hallway of death and the cave of the green anaconda. The jeep that you ride in is a rusty green color and the jeep can hold 12 people.There is the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineering101 View Post
    There is the story.

. . . of a man named Indy, he was played by the dashing Mr. Ford.
    He had to go on, another adventure, that he couldn't afford.
    There's a story, of a snake named Monty, he was just an anaconda.
    Living peacefully in south Peru, just guarding some old sword.

Then the one day when this snake had met this fellow, it was much more than a hunch.
    They knew that someday, they'd meet eachother, and that Monty will soon have him for lunch.

Have him for lunch! Have him for lunch! Monty swallowed Indy whole as his lunch!

I smell a TV series out of this

Thanks for sharing! Sounds alright to me (granted, I'm a little biased). Only tiny nitpick I'd offer up would be to change the name around some--it's not the sword's tomb, after all--and since IJ and The Emperor's Tomb has already been taken (terrific game, by the way. This title is the thing that got me to play my first video game in two decades), well.....I leave you to hash that one out. I'm just not that creative. And while we're at it, how about a more indigenous name for the old boy himself? "Sanchez" wouldn't have come along until the Spaniards showed up, and Paco Pizarro didn't exactly leave the locals with a favorable impression......

If this project of yours does take off and Adventureland is indeed where you'll be breaking ground, promise you'll try not to have the attraction replace any of the classics? Although I personally wouldn't mind too much if Aladdin's Carpets suddenly becomes the queue area.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    But then what would happen to the Indy show at MGM? Would it be Indy overload?
    Not that there could ever be such a thing as too much Indy, though.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Wink

alright u guys i got great new ideas.for the Indy overload thing i need to talk to the head about closing down the Indy stunt show because we have gotten many complaints. if we do close it we will use the land for the actual ride and keep all the jeeps outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Not that there could ever be such a thing as too much Indy, though.
    That's the spirit, Ker.

On the thoughts of closing down the stunt show, I'm not sure what to think about all these "complaints" we speak of. All I do know is that for as long as it's supposedly been threatened with being shut down, choosing to close the show at this particular time would probably be a very silly move on the company's part, with IJ IV finally hitting theaters in less than a month (I didn't believe it until I saw a preview).

Be that as it may, for all these complaints, after all these years I can't think of a time I've sat in the audience when the cast and crew didn't perform for what looked to be a full house, even during slow seasons.

Indy Stuntshow

Ok,ok what some people may not know is most of the stuntmen arent pros and most of the time the actors get hurt(without people knowing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineering101 View Post
    Ok,ok what some people may not know is most of the stuntmen arent pros and most of the time the actors get hurt(without people knowing it).
    Isn't that the point of stunt work, is doing dangerous acts that could possibly harm you severely but instead they walk out with minor injuries at the most. They know the risks involved and still go on with it, and I'm sure they don't get hurt all the time if they do it several times a day, several days a week, etc. They aren't perfect and are bound to mess up here and there, they are human too, just a little more skilled at dodging pyrotechnics and big boulders. Sure I kinda agree with you that the stuntmen aren't "pros," because if they were, do you think they'd be working at a theme park when they could be working elsewhere making a ton more money doing the same stunts? I'm not saying they pick your average joe needsajobquick and tells him to hop in a car and drive backwards over this jump through the deadly ring of fire. They go through auditions specified in stunt work I assume and if they don't make the cut, they don't do the stunts and can be found pushing the button that makes your ride go instead :P

What I'd like to know is how could you possibly tell the head of the show to shut down so you can build a ride in it's place? Somehow I doubt you have a "higher up" type job that can allow you to do this because if you did, chances are likely you wouldn't even be making this thread about a new ride idea which violates several policies about keeping company secrets and information confidential. However, if you really are part of imagineering, don't you think there are more important matters to discuss, such as removing stitch and wondering what to do with the wasted land that was 20K? Also, if you were part of imagineering, do you think you could put a good word in for me after my rant about this thread? Thanks! :P
    Last edited by albino_pygmy; 04-24-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Good points. It was some years back, and in one of those weird quirks of fate you can lie to your grandkids about, I was on the verge of re-enlisting when a buddy of mine passed along that they were trying to hire on fresh meat at the stunt show. Although I didn't give it any serious thought (not too much, anyway), I did look over the prereqs and myriad risk waivers involved in the job. New guys are advised well in advance what they're getting into, and what's expected of them.

(If anyone was curious, I wouldn't have made the cut anyway. Maybe it's changed now, but back then, to play the man in the hat a prospect had to be 5'10" or under.)

Cool

Like someone said earlier to put a good word ill try but if you ever need any facts and info about imagineering just ask.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Granted, I have not had a WDW fix in about 2 years, but I am trying to come up with a place large enough in Adventureland for a ride the size of what it seems you are proposing. I just can't picture it. Although I know there is a lot of shopping space over there that truly does not need to be there.

And it is very unfortunate you just can't chuck Stitch out and put it there. Somehow Indy is the anti Tomorrowland, though.

As far as the stunt show goes, I never miss an opportunity to see it- it is one of the better reasons for even making the trek over to MGM.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Question stitch

We cannot get rid of the stitch ride because it is too new and why do people hate it so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast