Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Imagineering Discuss Wall-E attraction in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Ok, I don't have this idea all worked out since this is just based off the small preview of the movie shown during Finding Nemo that was on tonight. Anyways, ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Wall-E attraction

Ok, I don't have this idea all worked out since this is just based off the small preview of the movie shown during Finding Nemo that was on tonight. Anyways, the clip showed Wall-E and the other robot in some spacestation and looks like the other robot was sending Wall-E to Earth by an escape pod? Anyways, when he got in there, there was about room for six with head restraints set in a circular formation, which I started to think "Hey, they could finally get rid of Stitch and convert it to Wall-E" although I'm not sure how the attraction would go just yet, but I think some robot in the future would fit well in Tomorrowland's theme, rather than some surfing alien that coughs up chili dog breath at you. I was thinking instead of the usual "he's escaped" bit, they could go back to what used to be mission to mars type show, with enhanced special effects where Wall-E pushes one too many buttons and things start to go wrong on your journey back to Earth. Your thoughts?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok I can totally see that! I know exactly the scene you're talking about too. Problem is, Stitch is still too big for this to happen. Wait what am I thinking? AE was a huge success but they got rid of the alien in favor of the cute and fuzzy blue guy... so anything is possible.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Well, Stitch can go find another home elsewhere, Wall-E will be a big hit, and with the movie coming out as a Pixar film, expect it to be a huge success. The Wall-E attraction would be the perfect replacement for Stitch because it's based off a movie (which Disney seems to want to do with attractions nowadays, especially if they're Pixar)Also, the new ride doesn't have to be an "OMG HE ESCAPED" attraction like Stitch tried to when he replaced AE. I think they could come up with a new attraction that's still just a special effects show that won't have the scare factor in there (or gross factor from chili dog breath.) Personally I would love to see something original not based off any movie, but I'm not holding my breath :P

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    In my opinion, I would prefer Stitch to stay in the spot, but a Wall-E attraction at future world in epcot. Or maybe replace "push the trashcan" with Wall-e.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I would love to see Wall-E replace the stitch attraction. I think it would be a great idea.. I would love to see the Stitch attraction GO!!! It grosses me out big time... BLAH! I miss AE... That was much better over Stitch!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    Send your Ride Idea to Disney PLEASE. We went on Stitch once and that was it!
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    The problem is that the building itself needs to be gutted and completely redone. It doesn't matter who you put in there its going to be limited.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 06-13-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That seems like a great idea!
    Chili dog breath isnt my favorite thing in the world. =/
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Anything that makes this attraction more like the Mission to Mars one gets my vote. Never been on (in?) Stitch, but hated AE.
    Mission to Mars was so cool - my brother was totally convinced he had been into space. Well, he was only 6!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

SkittleE275 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Wall-E attraction

I would have liked to go on Alien encounter, but alas, I was four when I could have gone on it. :\ But I do like Stitch, and I don't see why everyone hates it. Also, I hated Wall-E. So that's just me and my crazy, totally insane brain. (Woodstock! Yeah!) Just kidding, I hate hippies. Especially the eco-friendly ones.
    Destroying the joy in life since 1998
    Certified Grammar Nazi
    Believer in George!

Animal Kingdom: 2003
    Animal Kingdom: 2006
    Saratoga Springs: 2008

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wall-E was such a dreadfully boring film I honestly had to turn it off on a plane heading to Germany. And that was an 8+ hour flight. I couldn't see the need for anything related to that movie. Fortunately, outside of a statue at DLP, I haven't seen much of it around.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I just wanted to share, since this forum has ben brought back from the dead, my Wall-E attraction idea.

Define Dancing Coaster

BTW, Supernova, totally digging the Rescuers avatar!
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Thanks. It's an awful movie, but still somehow one of my favorites as a kid. I always seem to attach myself to the stinkers.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I wouldn't call it awful. Second tier, without doubt, but not awful.

Flotsam&Jetsam is offline Fastpass Holder

No songs to leave the theater singing in your head, Geraldine Page did a bit too much over-the-top acting, although Medusa is still one of my favorite villains (still below Ursula, of course!). I think Supernova likes her, too, but maybe the whole movie, since he's got an obscure character as his avatar. Yet, it was one of the last drawn by Frank and Ollie, so how bad could it be, I suppose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast