Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss Disney World - The Game in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; As I was "walking" around WDW via Google Earth's 3D Disney (which I love), it hit me. There is Disney's coaster game but why not a Disney World game in ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Lightbulb Disney World - The Game

As I was "walking" around WDW via Google Earth's 3D Disney (which I love), it hit me. There is Disney's coaster game but why not a Disney World game in general.

Can you imagine... you launch the game and you find yourself at the TTC. You chose your transportation method, wait for it, hop on and are off to the Magic Kingdom. You walk through bag check and, having backed your virtual bag before you got to the TTC, are found to be carrying something not allowed, so it's taken. LOL!

Then you can freely walk the parks, stopping into each shop on mainstreet to eat or buy goodies. Hop on board attractions and experience them (maybe in an abbreviated version so as not to kill it for the real attendees). Hop a bus to DHS or the monorail over to Epcot, etc.

Even better would be to make it an MMO. Interact with other people in "The World" etc. Just seems like such a fantastic idea. Lord knows I'd pay $14.99 a month to play something like that in addiction to the $49.99 game fee. I could so see that.

Who do I convince?? LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hmm I like it....Maybe you can change it into a first person shooter and market it to teenage boys. You can play as one of the fab five and have to complete missions like roaming the parks and capturing people using expired fast passes and take them out.

All kidding aside, I do like your idea!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I'd like to see them redo their racing game that came out on playstation, but upgrade and update the existing tracks and add more attractions to convert to tracks, plus offer mini games for the other attractions that wouldn't make a great track, so that way most, if not all the attractions are playable. The tracks on the older playstation game were interesting and showed scenes from each attraction, and my favorite track on there was the Haunted Mansion because it was as close to the real attraction as possible, even starting outside at the gates and racing through the front door and see the stretching gallery stretch each lap you pass through. Least Fav would probably be Test Track or Dinosaur (it's really close) Dinosaur starts off ok, but when you're 'back in time' it's just a bunch of dinosaurs and plants which doesn't seem to relate to the attraction at all, and the track is nowhere near the layout of the ride. As for Test Track, that seemed to make for an interesting track but instead turned it into a 'collect 30 coins' game instead which ticked me off. Why can't they have the track to race on, and have a side mission to collect 30 coins on the same track in a different mode? While I'm at it, the most confusing (but still cool) track is Pirates, where they have many different forks in the river, and these star paths that you can use to fly over some scenes which makes it really strange yet cool. I was also a bit ticked off with how they butched my jungle and everything's out of place, but I'm sure if they do make a sequal of this game, they'll restore the jungle, as well as the other tracks there, add more tracks (Imagine an SSE track, Norway track, The Seas track, GMR track, Kilamanjaro track, Kali rapids track, (dare I say, Everest track, even though the previous coaster tracks weren't that great :p) WDW Railway track (ok, so it's a big oval track, but would be an interesting track) It's a small world track (I know ya'll hate me for this one, but I think it could make for an interesting track) Snow white's track, Mr. Toad's track, 20,000 Leagues track, Philharmagic track (I know it's a show, but I could see this work out as you race from scene to scene) or what about adding some track that runs through the Tree of Life or the castle? As for the side games, there could be Buzz Lightyear's, Space Mountain (no racing, just a souped up version of asteroids) Jungle Cruise (taking pictures without getting in danger) Teacups or dumbo (why not see how fast you can spin without losing your lunch?) Star Tours (similar to space mountain but more star wars themed) RnRC (guitar hero type mini game, or dodging traffic on a congested highway) ToT (still unsure what the mini game could be, but felt that it couldn't be left out) and I think you get the idea from there because I'm too tired to think of more stuff for the game, lol.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Holy rambling response Pygmy! But true none-the-less.

I've seen a lot of folks building the entire parks via Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (there's a fabulous redo of test track that is dead on - I have it listed as a fave on my youtube page) and that combined with my morning use of GE got me thinking about this. Just seems there's a huge money maker for them in this. They already have the structures built in 3D (for the GE project) so just spiff 'em up, add a 3D explorable world, character integration and marketing and you'd have a hit!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sound's great!!! I'd totally buy it!
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney World - The Game

I would like them to do something like sea world tycoon where you could build the park anyway you want, design parades, fireworks show, any shows in general and landscaping. also be able to like manage the park and make imporatant decisions. It would also be cool if you could walk through the park you build.

VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

There was a Duke Nukem mod/fan version that took place in the Magic Kingdom. If you google enough, you can find some screen pics of it.

Go here:

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_other.php

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way to find it.
    Last edited by VGL_Lynx; 09-05-2009 at 12:48 AM.

yelad is offline A-Ticket holder

What about this? Dsney partners up with Roller Coaster Tycoon company and gives the opportunity for millions to create the parks, event he server room, utilidors, fireworks, cast members, etc. It would be a sight to behold. Bring back some great attractions, add some new ones, change things you may not like. It could be really cool

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

I love it!!! We call it Disney then and now
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!