Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss A new spin for MK fireworks . . . . in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was watching a video of DLRP's Enchanted Fireworks (which is themed around Disney's "Enchanted" motion picture) for the first time, and got to thinking about new and different ideas ...
    ManiaDisney is offline A-Ticket holder

A new spin for MK fireworks . . . .

I was watching a video of DLRP's Enchanted Fireworks (which is themed around Disney's "Enchanted" motion picture) for the first time, and got to thinking about new and different ideas for MK's displays. In the summer, I think it would be neat to see new displays themed around current movie releases. Wishes is a nice show, but it has aged with me. It would be nice to see new projection technology (like Paris) and lights introduced to Cinderella Castle and the Hub. For summer 2009, The Enchanted Fireworks would replace Wishes from May 30 - August 30, with the exception of July 4th. What do you think???
    Last edited by ManiaDisney; 02-14-2009 at 08:50 PM.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I disagree. I love Wishes. I've seen the fireworks at the other parks and believe Wishes is the greatest fireworks show of them all. It seems to bring in the Disney spirit more so than all of the other shows. That's my personal opinion though, but I would be extremely sad to see Wishes go since it the number one must thing to see while I'm at Disney World.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

ManiaDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I totally agree with where you're coming from. I guess it's all just on a matter of opinion.

I got to thinking about it, and you could probably just do a 'tag' after Wishes (much like ROE).

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah, call me crazy, but Wishes is not one of my favorites. In fact, I'm usually watching IllumiNations or Fantasmic. I saw Wishes in December only because we were there for MVMCP. I've only ever seen it one other time and didn't think it was worth it to skip IllumiNations. I would love to see another Wishes show.
    ~Ashleigh

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Remember...

Not having seen DLRP's show, I can't comment on it. But I wish there was a way we could get something like Disneyland's Remember... fireworks show - it's fantastic! Their Tinkerbell is amazing!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: A new spin for MK fireworks . . . .

I don't really think many people would be too happy about this, but I see where you're coming from. Most people would say that disney is just getting more advertising in. I'd much rather have a show like Wishes which doesn't focus on a specific movie, and has a LOT of thought put into it, rather than a show that they make up in a short amount of time.

As for Disneyland's Tinkerbell, That is only possible because of the Matterhorn. the Matterhorn is a lot higher than Sleeping Beauty's Castle. So a system like that cannot be used in WDW unless Tink only flies over one side of the castle, and even then it would be very hard to do something like that. Unless Disney comes up with a new technology (I have faith that they can!!) Tink's gonna be a direct shot.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!