Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss New parade ideas? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was thinking and all the WDW parks need new parades. What are some ideas you may have for new parades at any WDW park?...
    Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question New parade ideas?

I was thinking and all the WDW parks need new parades. What are some ideas you may have for new parades at any WDW park?

dag0620 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Connecticut - Far from Disney - Close to Magic Meets

Re: New parade ideas?

Bring back Tapestry!
    -Dave

Summer 04' Beach Club and SOG - Summer 05' SOG and Port Orleans: French Quarter - Summer 06' Boardwalk -
    Summer 09' SOG

DisneyLand Vacations
    Summer 08' Off Property

I think epcot should get get some kind of futeristic play parade

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

nah. If epcot gets a parade I think it needs to be in the World Showcase... the future world doesn't have much of a parade route. I also think if epcot gets a new parade, it needs to be something inspiring, amazing, and special like the tapestry parades were.
    I have an idea for a parade... it would be called "World of Wonders". I have some ideas that i'm working on... i'll try to post them if i ever remember or finish them...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

omnimover is offline A-Ticket holder

I would very much like to see a parade come to World Showcase. I don't have very many ideas for that though. It probably needs to be more serious, because, I mean, it's Epcot. Block Party Bash wouldn't fit. Fab 5 and other characters in general would clash with the park's ideals.

If they decide SpectroMagic is getting a little too tired, I've got an idea. DHS is very weak without a nighttime show when Fantasmic! is only performed on every third blue moon to fall on the third Monday in odd-numbered months (or whatever it is. ) With SpectroMagic out of the way, (while I do love that parade,) there'd be room to have the Hollywood Boulevard Electrical Parade. Similar in content to the MSEP, instead of celebrating classic Disney films, it can celebrate movies of the second Disney Animation Golden Age and after. I don't know whether it would be better to keep the classic Baroque Hoedown soundtrack or create a new, more cinematic soundtrack like Spectro.

Speaking of, I have heard rumors of swapping SpectroMagic for DL's Parade of Dreams one day. Though, then there'd be two Electrical Parades in Disneyland Resort. And Dreamlights and Fantillusion are still going internationally. Has MSEP gotten a run at HKDL? Maybe that's where it should go now.

Animal Kingdom... I know that there was the Rivers of Light nighttime parade that was meant to be performed on Discovery River. That was supposed to be like a lantern parade on the water. Steven Davison was running that project, but it was dropped because making the room for people to watch the parade on the water and widening the pathways would involve destroying a lot of the work that was put into the nature, landscaping, foliage, and horticulture that went into that park's creation. Still, I think there should be something for the evening. Maybe, instead of a parade or fireworks show (that would frighten animals,) maybe some sort of light show would make sense?
    Grand Floridian: Sugar Loaf Key Concierge - April 2005
    Ft. Wilderness: Moccasin Trail Cabin - August 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    nah. If epcot gets a parade I think it needs to be in the World Showcase... the future world doesn't have much of a parade route. I also think if epcot gets a new parade, it needs to be something inspiring, amazing, and special like the tapestry parades were.
    I have an idea for a parade... it would be called "World of Wonders". I have some ideas that i'm working on... i'll try to post them if i ever remember or finish them...
    please do

I would love some very serious yet very heart felt parade like Jubilation in Tokyo Disneyland but with a theme that involves Earth.

Or even if they could build a parade route through the future world area. If the did this they could build a whole very complex lighting, special effects and speaker system throughout the parade route. I could see it now, a futuristic play parade for the day time parade and the Disney electrical Parade at night.