Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss New iPhone/iTouch App idea in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Would it be plausible to make an iPhone app that lets you get fastpasses somehow? Let's say that within the fastpass machines are computers that work with this system and ...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Lightbulb iPhone Fastpass App Idea

Would it be plausible to make an iPhone app that lets you get fastpasses somehow?

Let's say that within the fastpass machines are computers that work with this system and when someone takes one (one per iphone per time and per attraction, just like now) and it would take that fastpass out of the pool of printed ones. Show the digital fastpass to the fastpass line and it works JUST like a printed ticket. With date, time, attraction, and any other markings it needs to be legitimate on it.

The only problem that I see with this right now is A: WiFi connectivity in the parks and B: Alot of confusion at first.

It's really no different than the centralized fastpass stations that they have now. It negates waiting in lines period actually.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 01-17-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: New iPhone/iTouch App idea

Well you wouldn't really need WiFi at least with the iPhone because you could just use your network signal. But i think the problem would be that confusion part you noted: that despite the technology, you'd see longer lines at the FastPass because people would be futzing with the technology, fumbling with the phone, etc. Plus, there would be the risk of signal loss or the app crashing. At least with paper, the proof is right there.

Plus, personally i would fear that it would just encourage the use of portable electronic devices, especially in a situation that could already be tricky because of the technology. Can you imagine someone chatting on the phone walking up to the fastpass line and having to beg off the phone so they could show the cast member their phonepass?!