Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss CM ideas?! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hoping another CM can clear this up for me... I'm a CM at our local Disney Store and have been trying to get a line on the proper protocol to ...
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

CM ideas?!

Hoping another CM can clear this up for me...

I'm a CM at our local Disney Store and have been trying to get a line on the proper protocol to submit ideas to corporate.
    One of our managers went to the stock holders meeting that was held earlier in the year in San Antonio and even spoke about my having ideas with one of the execs that she was able to talk with. The gentleman said that he would even be interested in seeing my ideas.
    They both got side-tracked by other goings on in the room and she never saw him again and does not recall his name.
    The same manager was finally able to track down a ph. number for legal in NY. I just got off the phone with them after having been told that it is against company policy for CM's to submit ideas?!?!
    I questioned her a second time to verify and she did.
    Any clarification on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.
    Last edited by Dizisit; 05-13-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: CM ideas?!

As a side note...

I just finished reading Lee Cockerell's book "Creating Magic" and there are several instances of CM's submitting successful ideas in terms of efficency, procedure, etc. so this has kinda' thrown me for a bit of a loop.

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy

I have heard that they usually don't accept ideas from CM's and especially outsiders
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

thats very closed minded of them isnt it.. not listening to their employees.. because a happy employee is a productive employee
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

That sounds odd. I know the the company does not accept unsoliciited outside ideas due to legal concerns, but CMs are already part of the company.

Just got off the phone a few minutes ago with the same individual from corporate legal in NY. I was seeking further confirmation and it was a very cordial conversation, but there were a few things there that they were not able to answer that have given me a bit of hope! I asked a few valid questions that this person was not able to answer.
    They are, of course, which I already long ago surmised, concerned about ideas being pilfered and then being represented as original and then being sued for such. But how can they completly know if any of their CM's, including Imagineers, aren't sometimes doing this?
    I far as I know, and I have done EXTENSIVE reasearch, my ideas noted, sketched, or otherwise are in fact original, and already THEIR property based on my being a CM, dating of my material and the like, so WHY would they not be receptive?
    I will continue to pursue all of this through all the proper channels, as Walt would have. I know I have some REALLY GOOD ideas!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 05-14-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling