Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss Christmas overlayfor WDW Railroad in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; While at the Magic Kingdom I was trying to think of an attraction that would really lend it self to a Christmas overlay 1st. Country Bear Jamboree but 2nd. I ...
    donnyaz is offline A-Ticket holder

Christmas overlayfor WDW Railroad

While at the Magic Kingdom I was trying to think of an attraction that would really lend it self to a Christmas overlay 1st. Country Bear Jamboree but 2nd. I had a unique I idea I hope WED steals.Take the WDW Railroad and deck the trains with chistmas lights and add music to the cars.Then replace all the scenes with Santa's house,snowmen,reindeer and so much more.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Christmas overlayfor WDW Railroad

They've already done away with the layover for Country Bears, and it doesn't seem that we'll be getting anything for the Mansion or IASM, so why not another attraction. Still, there is enough going on in the parks that it might not be necessary to load up stuff on the tracks, too.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

"there is enough going on in the parks that it might not be necessary to load up stuff on the tracks, too." I would disagree maybe if you spend the money for Mickey's very merry Christmas(I did) but I think they keep stepping back from somthing they make alot of money from because people like taking their children there for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by donnyaz View Post
    "there is enough going on in the parks that it might not be necessary to load up stuff on the tracks, too." I would disagree maybe if you spend the money for Mickey's very merry Christmas(I did) but I think they keep stepping back from somthing they make alot of money from because people like taking their children there for Christmas.
    True. But if if you give it all away or free, then people might not spend the $$ on the Christmas party. I heard that the Halloween stuff might be free in California, though. Not sure if it is (still) true.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

an overlay on an attraction that does not see capacity crowds even on a busy time can help releave lines at other attractions that do tend to get 90min lines.This can be a win win for the park and guest experience or we can just watch potterland get bigger

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

The country bears has been done... Rumor has it the budget for the overlay has since been reallocated to the castle dreamlights (or that and then some)... The idea isn't bad but like Mike said there has to be a reason for the party to exist... Mike it's been a while since I've been to the party... Do they still do the portraits...? The last few times I went I swore they did away with the, but I cannot for the life of me remember...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

disneyphilip is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    The country bears has been done... Rumor has it the budget for the overlay has since been reallocated to the castle dreamlights (or that and then some)...
    That rumor is not true.

I very highly doubt that there was ever a "one or the other" kind of situation or decision-making here.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    The country bears has been done... Rumor has it the budget for the overlay has since been reallocated to the castle dreamlights (or that and then some)... The idea isn't bad but like Mike said there has to be a reason for the party to exist... Mike it's been a while since I've been to the party... Do they still do the portraits...? The last few times I went I swore they did away with the, but I cannot for the life of me remember...
    I don't recall, but I haven't personally seen them in quite some time. The only free photo I know of is the one with my Disney Visa card, and I don't even bother with that one.