Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Imagineering Discuss Plussin' Soarin' in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; In my opinion they really need to change it. I find it gets a bit boring after seeing it over 100 times since it opened. I like the idea of ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Plussin' Soarin'

In my opinion they really need to change it. I find it gets a bit boring after seeing it over 100 times since it opened. I like the idea of flying over America
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

The film in Epcot does seem to be getting worse. I rode at DCA last fall and it was much cleaner. I like the idea of various random flights like ST 2.0. We could soar across America on many different routes.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    In my opinion they really need to change it. I find it gets a bit boring after seeing it over 100 times since it opened. I like the idea of flying over America
    But won't that get boring, too, after a while? Then again, much can be said about every ride, in that case. I only do Nemo once every two to three years because the ride is awful and I don't see a need to ride it year after year.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I do wonder how much a new film would cost to produce for Soarin'.

It can't be nearly the cost of rehab'n a major attraction. I don't know what the incentive is for Disney to change it though. With the slim pick'ns in Future world to start the queue is always long.

And on the sidebar...I only go on Nemo kick'n and scream'n. Not like the Seas was exhilarating but every so often you'd see something cool. Nemo generally only appeals to a tiny demographic. My big fear for the New Fantasyland.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

They should have multiple storylines... They should do a star tours 2...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't know what the incentive is for Disney to change Soarin' though. With the slim pick'ns in Future world to start the queue is always long.
    Agreed. It normally has the longest stand-by line of any of the Future World attractions, so it's not like ridership is down due to its lack of re-rideablity. If it ever reaches "Ellen" levels, then it's time to re-examine the ride.

As for rehabbing, the only thing they would need to do is clean up the film on occassion. ONLY work off the master to limit the number of generations of the movie. The ride seldom, if ever, breaks down, and a new film is not going to help that anyway. Every now and again, a scent jet doesn't fire, but I can live without that. It's not like I'm going to leave the ride disappointed because I didn't smell pine.

But as I've stated earlier, the film is generic enough to the average visitor that they're not annoyed that it's all California-based.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

And if they're going to dump a bundle of money into Future World, they would be better off addressing the northeast and southwest corners. Maybe even finishing the Spaceship Earth ride.

Those need addressing WELL before they even think about doing anything to Soarin'.

As long as they don't do anything with the old Odyssey building. It's a nice quiet bathroom. Plus, it's awesome to people watch there. A bunch of first-time visitors walking into the building with their maps and a smile, then walking out with puzzled and disappointed looks on their faces. Ha. New people.
    Last edited by supernova; 01-30-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, if nothing else it's certainly the largest bathroom facility on property. Possibly the entire state.

It's really sad to watch a dying park.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

It should be like Star Tours 2.0 with multiple scenes... Soarin' Across America... New HD films and new scenes. Fly over Fenway Park, Manhattan, WDW, Great Plains, St. Louis, Mt. Rushmore, Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes, Golden Gate Bridge, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Sears Tower, etc. etc.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Don't you mean Willis Tower?

Eh, I can't bring myself to call it that either...

SuzySnow is offline A-Ticket holder

While these are all great ideas, I've heard that the reason they don't update it, and didn't update it for the journey from DCA to Epcot, is that the movie was a pain to film. While flying over the Eiffel Tower or the Empire State Building sounds nice in theory, the permits required to do this would be hard to get. The Imagineers went to a lot of trouble to do it the first time, and that was just in Cali. So unless the queues start shrinking dramatically, we won't see a new Soarin'.
    Unfortunately, it's just like most things in WDW. Since so many visitors are first-timers, everything is new to them.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I just can't see Disney wanting to put any dollars into Soar'n when the lines are out the door.

After seeing it a few times last week, they sure need to clean it up, it is no longer sharp!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

I'm over the hype about Soarin'. I've ridden it many times, I'm done. I will still ride it because I don't hate it or anything, but it's not worth it to me to stand on line for 4 hours. I know Soarin' is probably at the bottom of Disney's list of attractions to refurb but it would be nice to see it tweaked a little. The screen really is dirty, especially when you are sitting in the bottom row, you can see the big specks on the screen and it takes away from the experience. I'd rather Disney pay attention to Future World first rather than updating Soarin', that's for sure.
    Love, Kerri

daleycss is offline A-Ticket holder

Those would be sweet to do, but there is too many problems with these. With randomizing the scenes and making different movies, that is extremely costly and disney hasn't even made a different movie for orlando, let alone make multiple ones for randomness. Also, to have the scenes in random order would be difficult because of the difficulty of transitioning one to another and the way the music fits into different scene changes..

As for temperature changes, it sounds cool, but to try and cool an entire theater like that and heat it within seconds is a huge undertaking and near impossible. It could be done with the built in fan to add temperature control...

As for the decades, it would be difficult to go thru the decades as the hd factor and the huge size of the screen would make non hd items look terrible... These are great ideas, but are just too difficult right now...
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12