Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss A Sleeping Beauty Ride (My own idea) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well, I'm very interested in ride design. This was my idea. I, personally, LOVED Snow White's Scary Adventures. I think there should be one for Sleeping Beauty. You enter a ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

A Sleeping Beauty Ride (My own idea)

Well, I'm very interested in ride design. This was my idea. I, personally, LOVED Snow White's Scary Adventures. I think there should be one for Sleeping Beauty.

You enter a car designed to look like.. well, I don't have a basic design for them. But, they're basically like that of Snow White shaped but with a very royal flair to them.
    Scene 1 - Forest
    You enter a rather majestic forest with a very peaceful feel to it. Small rays of light hit the passengers as the sun breaks through the tree tops. As you turn a corner, you see Aurora in the distance by a pond. You turn about 30 degrees to the right to see a figure of the Prince Phillip. 60 degrees more to the right reveals a screen playing both of them dancing. 3 lights call your attention. They are a pink, green, and blue light. You turn 90 degrees to the left and see three tiny colored lights go into the 2nd story window of a wood cabin. The cabin doors open.

Scene 2 - The cabin
    You are led into the cabin as you see the three fairies whisking their wands around. Your car spins (not too much. Just enough for the fun to kick in.) Household items such as brooms, cups, etc. are whizzing around your head. You reach the end of the cabin. The lights are darkened as the doors seem to turn into stone. (Holographic imagery effect.) The stone doors open.

Scene 3 - Tower
    You enter the creepy tower chamber of Maleficent. Up on a balcony to your right, is the raven, leering down at passing guests. The raven turns around and exits through the doorway. You turn around a wall to the right and see Maleficent facing a mirror. The raven lands on top of it and she turns around. She turns to her right and suddenly, a thimble is lit up with a greenish glow. You make a u-turn around a wall to see Princess Aurora. Aurora moves toward the thimble and just as she touches it, lights flash and that scene goes black. You car whizzes through the dark to see three, solitary colored lights.

Scene 4 - The Warning
    Stone doors in front of you open to reveal a king's court. The three lights are seen whizzing above towards Prince Phillip who stands at the end of it. You hear the fairies warn Prince Phillip about Aurora's fate. He exits through the door behind him as you follow. The doors open.

Scene 5 - The bridge
    The doors in front of you open to reveal a large bridge. You are at one end, and the tower is at the other. Suddenly, Maleficent (in dragon form) looms above the tower!! Lights are shone at you as loud sound effects roar all around you. A sword flies above your head towards the beast as it retreats down below. You make your way to the end of the bride. The stone doors open.

Scene 6 - The kiss
    The doors open as you see Aurora, in her sleep. She is silently laying on a bed as a solitary spotlight shines on her. The king comes from behind the bed and bends over her, coming in for the kiss. You make a u-turn around a wall and see the couple (in a projected screen) riding towards Sleeping Beauty Castle. The room has a very golden feel, just like the last scene in Snow White. The three fairies are on your left side, waving good-bye to you. The doors in front of you open.

The end!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That sounds awesome! I like all the lights and stuff. That would be cute if at the end of the ride the fairies could say your name like on the ET ride. You should be an imagineer!
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    that should replace the Pooh ride, imho XD
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Thank you so much beccah. And yeah, I do admit that the ET thing is cool. That would be neat. A nice "new feature" for a ride to make it special. But thank you for the nice comments.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    That just sounds like the coolest ride!!!! I hope the powers that be read the site and see your great idea!
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I would love it if they would do this. Maybe someday you can be an imagineer and force them to create it. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite. At DL they had a walk through in the castle where you saw different scenes but it hasn't been open any of the times I've gone recently. I'm not sure if they took it out or it just is open seasonally or something.

Thank you all so much. Lol, I do need some HUGE guy in Disney power heirarchal systemology to see this. Wow did I just say that?

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    That's AWESOME! I'm into ride design myself (currently working on one for the Imagineering competition) and this sounds like it would work wonderfully into the attractions already in the Disney parks.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!