Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Imagineering Discuss Ride ideas anyone? And make them original! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Ok, I've been browsing around this incredibly small thread and found mostly movie-themed rides. But, let's face it...Disney's best rides are the ones that AREN'T based on movies! I want ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Ride ideas anyone? And make them original!

Ok, I've been browsing around this incredibly small thread and found mostly movie-themed rides. But, let's face it...Disney's best rides are the ones that AREN'T based on movies!

I want to hear some of your ideas for new ride ideas NOT based on movies.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    I'll take a crack at your challenge DisneyFreak.....

If I was an imagineer I would push to add more rides to the World Showcase to boost some pavilions. This idea revolves around the Italy Pavilion. With the closing of Wonders of Life, Epcot lost a thrill ride in Body Wars. I would like to present the newest motion simulator ala Star Tours, Escape from Pompeii. The basis being you are part of an archaelogical group studying the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius and the destruction of Pompeii. As you explore the town and the volcano something goes terribly wrong. The "dormant" volcano erupts and forces you on a hair-raising escape through the ancient ruins of Pompeii.

There has been a lot of talk about the addition of a ride to the Canada Pavillion. Most of it seems to center around the addition of a Brother Bear themed water ride. IMO, Brother Bear is a more obscure animated movie to a lot of the older guests so I propose a ride similar to the Maelstrom, one that extolls the scenery of Canada. The ride begins as a seemingly peaceful boat ride through the St. Lawrence River and Montreal. It continues on into Ottawa, Toronto and then things begin to get hairy. As the ride enters the Yukon and the Northwest Territories the river becomes more aggressive with rapids and drops (none too big yet). The payoff comes when the guests are introduced to one of the most famous Canadian/American water sights, Niagara Falls. Along the way there can be animatronic animals and characters such as mounties, lumberjacks and other professions that are prevalent in Canada.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Pompeii ride would be pretty cool, but there is already a ride called "Escape From Pompeii" in Busch Gardens Williumsberg (sp?). Its a large flume ride like Jurassic Park. Its a really cool ride, its got fire and a great environment. I suggest you check it out next time your in Virginia.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Aw man if it wasn't already a ride, it would be a GREAT addition. I like it a lot. But, isn't Pompeii in Greece?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Pompeii is somewhere in Italy i believe.

tinylolitabunny is offline A-Ticket holder
    I definatly think the WS is in desperate need of more rides. I love Maelstrom... however the "Rio del Tiempo" was very deflating IMO. A lot of it seemed to scream, "Don't come to Mexico! People in Mexico are very annoying!" lol. There isn't a lot for 'families' or young people to do in WS. Educational movies are nice but they are not exciting enough for the whole family. I would like to see many rides about countries. I think that one reason they aren't adding more rides like Maelstrom or that 'other' country ride is that they aren't big enough to DRAW crowds. Soon enough, though, they will need to start adding more A and B rides to please crowds and I hope this is one fo the things they do

Irishrbetter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Alright an outlet for my ideas.
    I would convert the pavilion that houses Body Wars (can’t think of the name) into a pavilion dedicated to the history of flight. Soaring may or may not have to move. I would add a flying roller coaster like the one found at Elich Gardens in Denver only a much longer ride. I would theme in like a fighter jet taking off from an aircraft carrier or a flying dinosaur. I would also add a Dumbo like ride with hot air balloons as the ride cars. I would also move the Carpets of Aladdin form MK to MGM. I would put it by the Indiana stunt show and possibly change the Muppets 3-D to a 3-D show featuring the Genie with Robin Williams back as the voice. MGM needs more rides not just shows. Epcot needs more of both. In my opion. What do you all think? I’m excited to get your feedback.

STF
    STF is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I was younger there was a serious of books called “Choose Your Own Adventure”. My ride would be set up it to open ended scenarios with multiple directions chosen by the guests of the attraction.

The ride vehicle would be multipurpose, with the ability to float, run along a coaster track, and be attached to a motion simulator. This would allow the attraction to take advantage of the different ride technology that Disney has innovated.

For example your party would start out in an airplane (motion simulator) on your way too: choose: :An off road experience (motion simulator): :White water rafting (flume ride): or :Indy car driver (roller coaster): then each of these choices would result in more ride options.

Hey I dream big. Is it possible? I guess anything is possible. Is it feasible? Absolutely not! But I’ll tell you one thing, I’d ride it!

Feedback good or bad, I can take it!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark
    I'll take a crack at your challenge DisneyFreak.....

If I was an imagineer I would push to add more rides to the World Showcase to boost some pavilions. This idea revolves around the Italy Pavilion. With the closing of Wonders of Life, Epcot lost a thrill ride in Body Wars. I would like to present the newest motion simulator ala Star Tours, Escape from Pompeii. The basis being you are part of an archaelogical group studying the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius and the destruction of Pompeii. As you explore the town and the volcano something goes terribly wrong. The "dormant" volcano erupts and forces you on a hair-raising escape through the ancient ruins of Pompeii.

There has been a lot of talk about the addition of a ride to the Canada Pavillion. Most of it seems to center around the addition of a Brother Bear themed water ride. IMO, Brother Bear is a more obscure animated movie to a lot of the older guests so I propose a ride similar to the Maelstrom, one that extolls the scenery of Canada. The ride begins as a seemingly peaceful boat ride through the St. Lawrence River and Montreal. It continues on into Ottawa, Toronto and then things begin to get hairy. As the ride enters the Yukon and the Northwest Territories the river becomes more aggressive with rapids and drops (none too big yet). The payoff comes when the guests are introduced to one of the most famous Canadian/American water sights, Niagara Falls. Along the way there can be animatronic animals and characters such as mounties, lumberjacks and other professions that are prevalent in Canada.
    that woulb be cool and at the end add a big drop down Nigra falls!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    There should be a play place for kids (similar to the honey i shrunk the kids one in mgm) in epcot. it can be like over sized vegetables or something for the land. cheesy, I know. I also thought there can be a mini coaster similar to the ones at fairs that are dragons. it can be a mulan themed one, go in epcot or mgm and mushu's body can be the main car (red track and all). i've had this idea for a while.
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

monkeyeknom is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking

yeah the Pompeii ride would be great!

well, heres my original idea,it's called trunk-a-spinner and im going to try to explain this ride as much as i can.

1. it is a connected/thrilling spin around ride
    2. there are four medium sized log themed parts, that guest sit in.
    3. each log parts (see number 2) can fit 4-5 people.
    4. the parts (see number 2-3) are connected to the middle section, all 4 of them
    5.and yep, it just whirls and whirls around!
    6. these ride would probaly be located in disney's animal kingdom

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    OK, mine is very long and it involves the history of Walt. I have it on my site and would love to know what you all think...

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/03/14...-disney-parks/
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
    I would like to present the newest motion simulator ala Star Tours, Escape from Pompeii. The basis being you are part of an archaelogical group studying the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius and the destruction of Pompeii. As you explore the town and the volcano something goes terribly wrong. The "dormant" volcano erupts and forces you on a hair-raising escape through the ancient ruins of Pompeii.
    Heh, I sure hope this doesn't break your heart, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg has almost exactly what you're thinking of already, only in the form of a boat ride (for the record, it's pretty good).

Not meaning to call you out or anything, just saying--I'll just chalk it up to great minds thinking alike!

edit: Should've dug a little deeper. Seems someone already mentioned this one.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 03-17-2007 at 02:15 AM.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    OK, mine is very long and it involves the history of Walt. I have it on my site and would love to know what you all think...

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/03/14...-disney-parks/
    Your post has given me an idea that would freak some people out.......A free-roaming Walt Disney AA lol

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by wmxxmsg View Post
    Pompeii is somewhere in Italy i believe.
    It is, indeed, in Italy. It is near the Bay of Naples.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast