Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Imagineering Discuss An idea for MGM in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Ok a lot of kids I know have never seen or heard of Honey I Shrunk The Kids! I know its tragic. So why not change up the playground at ...
    wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder

An idea for MGM

Ok a lot of kids I know have never seen or heard of Honey I Shrunk The Kids! I know its tragic. So why not change up the playground at MGM to suit to a more classic movie. I think that playing in something like Andy's Room from Toy Story would be a suitable replacement. That way you can still have the affect that everything around you is a lot bigger than you. I havn't been in the HISK playground in a long time, mainly because I am 21 now, but I think that would be a good idea. Plus they already have Honey I shrunk the Audience in Epcot, why not change the playground?

tinylolitabunny is offline A-Ticket holder
    The playground is very popular and there is no reason, business-speaking, to change it. And it is also a very fun theme, even if the kids haven't seen the movie.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    A very easy update without changing the concept would be to make it from A Bug's Life. A few new props and you're all set. But I agree with tinylolitabunny, it is fun even if you have never seen the movie.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't want the playground to change. I used to love that place as a kid and even though i'm too big now, i still enjoy watching the other kids frolic around. ahhhh nostalgia
    The Goofy Princess

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    That's a really good idea! I mean, I like the playground as it is, but still, that's an AMAZING idea. I really like the idea.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wmxxmsg
    Ok a lot of kids I know have never seen or heard of Honey I Shrunk The Kids! I know its tragic. So why not change up the playground at MGM to suit to a more classic movie. I think that playing in something like Andy's Room from Toy Story would be a suitable replacement. That way you can still have the affect that everything around you is a lot bigger than you. I havn't been in the HISK playground in a long time, mainly because I am 21 now, but I think that would be a good idea. Plus they already have Honey I shrunk the Audience in Epcot, why not change the playground?
    This is it. This why Mouse Tunes says we wont get Holiday Nightmare Before Christmas because many people havent heard of it. but why not. THis is killing me to write becuase I cant show my true emotions over the internet. If many people havnt seen it then seeing Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground or Holiday Haunted Mansion is an incentive to see these great movies. We shouldnt change or not even get something just because some people dont know about it. WATCH THE MOVIES. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There I am done ranting. Have a good night.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

mickey2005 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think the playground should remain the same!

It has a great and fun theme. There's already two Toy Story places in the park adn there's already too many Pixar-based attractions in developement.

-mickey2005

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree that there are too many Pixar-based attractins, but changing it to A Bug's Life would be easy. I haven't been in the attraction in good 12 years, maybe I'll go in and take pictures of it, for my 20th birthday, just incase they decided to change it, but that probally won't happen seeing how popular the playground is.(I've never seen it really empty even during value time)

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

i dont think they should change it i love that playground!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i used to LOVE playing there. it's so imaginative. like playing w/ the giant ant. hehe
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Most kids on the playground have probably never heard of that movie.Its a little to old for them.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i love the movie and the playground, but it could use some sprucing up. that's for sure. i majorly dislike (i cant hate anything in WDW besides Sounds DAngerous, and possibly Stitch lol) HISTA, and yes ik that has nothing to do with this topic. haha CALL ME CRAZA!

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BellHopper
    i love the movie and the playground, but it could use some sprucing up. that's for sure. i majorly dislike (i cant hate anything in WDW besides Sounds DAngerous, and possibly Stitch lol) HISTA, and yes ik that has nothing to do with this topic. haha CALL ME CRAZA!
    Ok completly off topic from my idea.... but why does a lot of people hate Sounds Dangerous?!?!?! I love it! I'm sorry, but I love the part with the bees and the barber. It gets me everytime!

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wmxxmsg
    Ok completly off topic from my idea.... but why does a lot of people hate Sounds Dangerous?!?!?! I love it! I'm sorry, but I love the part with the bees and the barber. It gets me everytime!
    Well, It would be ALOT better if they didn't have those crappy little headphones. maybe if they had bose or something that really immerses you into the sound. it all seems kinda half- to me. Not enough thought put into it for me, although i will say my first time, i still didn't like it, but i thought it was better.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Sounds Dangerous......and I really like the booths afterward because when you need to cool down or avoid massive crowds and you can walk in and just relax
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast