Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Imagineering Discuss What Theme Park would you like to See Next?!?! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Honestly I haver no problem with how the parks are/how many there are at WDW, but lets say that they were to build a new park based on fans ideas!!! ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

What Theme Park would you like to See Next?!?!

Honestly I haver no problem with how the parks are/how many there are at WDW, but lets say that they were to build a new park based on fans ideas!!!
    So if you were to make your own park what would you have it like...just provide these 3 questions, and a breif description (optional)!

1. What would the "theme" of the park be? Why?
    2. What would the "Park icon" be? (Ex: Tree of Life, Castle, EPOCT ball, Mickey Sorcerer hat)
    3. Where would you have the park go?

Description (optional):
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    I guess ill start...

I havent really gotten a great idea yet, but i kinda think a Sport type park would be cool.

1. Sport. Because there are so many sports, and kids love sports.
    2. A large golf bag holding different types of balls from different sports, and bats/sticks from different sports.
    3. It would go above animal kingdom, but far enough that it wouldnt disturb animals.

I mean since Disney owns the Mighty Ducks I think they could make some rides w/ that. Take some Baseball teams and make rides, or even take classic disney characters and make some sport like attractions. The shows would be great... have some skateboard, rollerblading, diving, and stuff like that. Kids have a large area where it is interactive and you can play basketball, see how fast you run (40 yard dash), and many more sport like games. Also maybe ESPN could have a take in an attraction where kids could be the broadcastor or sumthing like that...Just an idea
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    1. What would the "theme" of the park be? Why? I think it would have to be a villian park and have mostly thrill rides with some less than thrill rides so everyone can enjoy.. Why because the rest of the parks showcase the princesses and the happy characters but the only time you see the villians is for parades and meet and greets.
    2. What would the "Park icon" be? (Ex: Tree of Life, Castle, EPOCT ball, Mickey Sorcerer hat)
    The Icon would be The hand of the witch from Snow whites movie holding a red shinny apple.
    3. Where would you have the park go? The park would go as close as it can to MK.. Not to close to MGM because it doesnt really have anything to do with that. but it would go good near any MK park..

Description (optional): Not enough time for a description sorry
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmmm I dunno this is difficult.

1 - Villains park
    2 - A Dark Castle. Think of it as the nega-Cinderella's Castle
    3 - It would go on the opposite side of the World. As symbolism to be far away from Magic Kingdom. Probably south east of the Downtown Disney Hotels.
    4 - I'm still very skeptical about this idea of a park. I think it makes a better land rather than an entire park. But, it would not be only thrill rides. It could be many many different ride ideas. Now, as to fireworks shows, I don't know if 1 could fit here. Usually fireworks shows represent good prevailing over evil. If there were to be a fireworks show in a villain park, I don't know how you could incorporate heros.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dnphm is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is quite interesting..

1) Aquarium. It would be interesting to see Disney build an Aquarium. Perhaps have some Finding Nemo rides , Little Mermaid rides , or any other Disney Water Themed ride. You can also see different species of fish and sea animals. Also, as a special show for the day we can have a Water Laser show. It would be fun to see.

2) A good icon for this would be King Neptune standing in the water.

3) A good location for this park would be somewhere below the Magic Kingdom. Since it will be not as huge as Epcot or Magic Kingdom, it should fit just nicely.

-Dnphm

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Dnphm, Do you mean like Tokyo Disney Sea?

1. Villains sounds good, since there are so many. Though, what about one based on the past since Epcot is the future? It would have some ideas of Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot thrown into a clash.

2. I am not sure, I would take suggestions, but it wold have the equivalent of Spaceship Earth, but something representing the past.

3. Be in one of the most empty parts of WDW and a place that it would not disturb any or much wildlife.

4. It would be much like Tokyo Disney Sea. Minus the water theme though. It would represent places that Epcot does not, such as the 'Golden Age' of America and other places such as Africa, South America, the Mediterranean (Greece), Egypt, and others. Its kinda a very rough idea, but would follow the lines of Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot.

Dnphm, what about for your idea, having king tritons undersea castle in the middle in a huge lake/pond with walkways going in leading to other sides. And the castle would constantly be pumping water over the entire outside, always running down. It would give the castle a constant glisten and connect it very well with the water. Plus the sketch would look cool on a map!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Personally, I don't think they should build any more parks until they put more money in new rides and upkeep for the parks they already have. But since this is a hypothetical question I would have to go with the original idea for Epcot, some sort of future world, since that theming was never really done.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1. What would the "theme" of the park be? Why?
    A Pirates of the Caribbean themed park. Why? Because I love pirates. :P
    I think I'd go with a different idea, addition via subtraction, so to speak. Instead of a gigantic obelisk in the middle of the park, why not a gigantic lagoon with different ships inside of it.
    3. Where would you have the park go?

Description (optional):
    Great question and one for which I have no answer. Probably somewhere near the All Star resorts, near enough to AK but far enough away that it's got it's own identity.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1. Thinking about it as well - with Disney having the partnership with Square/Enix to create Kingdom Hearts, as well as SEGA for DisneyQuest, and I'm sure someone still has a few phone numbers over at Capcom from the classic Disney games from the 80's and early 90's for the NES, how about a Disney/Video game themed park?

2. The icon could be a giant gold ring, like Sonic collects in Sonic the Hedgehog - it also gives an opportunity with something that large and open to put a restaurant at the base of the ring, or something along those lines.

3. Same as my last answer - far enough away from AK to have it's own identity, but close to the All-Star resorts.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Now that I think about it, I don't think there are any good park ideas left.

I mean, not that yours are bad but let's face it. All the parks have a very WIDE theme.

Villains - too narrow
    Aquarium - Too limiting
    Pirates - Even MORE limiting
    etc.

You need a theme that allows for a lot of experimentation.
    Disney Franchise = Magic Kingdom
    Technology/World's Fair = Epcot
    Movies = MGM
    Animals = Animal Kingdom

See what I mean? They're all very broad themes.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here is my idea for a new park.
    1. The theme would be a carnival. Better than the traveling carnivals. Something like what you would find all along the Jersey Shore. Boardwalks with carnival rides, games yummy food (funnel cakes work for me) and so on. Thrill rides and family rides. Some of the best rides are the simplest rides. Spin me around and I am happy.
    2. The park icon could be a big top. If anyone could make a tent look exciting it would be Disney.
    3. Where it should go really doesn't matter.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    1. What would the "theme" of the park be? Why? I would like to see a theme like the Villians and make it more thrill rides, I know a while ago there was a rumor going around that they were going to build a new one and call it Coaster Kingdom. Just a RUMOR!!! I think that would be Cool
    2. What would the "Park icon" be? (Ex: Tree of Life, Castle, EPOCT ball, Mickey Sorcerer hat) I tall Statue of the Villians.

3. Where would you have the park go? In Flordia, and maybe near Animal Kingdom.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

I agree with DisneyFREAK91, allot of ideas are somewhat taken. Though, Tokyo Disney Sea has an theme that is hidden and hard to describe. When I go to the site, their theme is the "golden age" of that place, and it is river or ocean front. It is a good way on bringing in water. Now stripping it down to part of the base, the locations of those places in their "golden age", sounds like a great idea! Here are some of the theme 'lands' of Tokyo Disney Sea...

~Mediterranean Harbor
    ~American Waterfront
    ~Port Discovery
    ~Mysterious Island
    ~Lost River Delta
    ~Arabian Coast
    ~Mermaid Lagoon

And maybe we could finally get a real africa like it should be in Epcot. Anyways, to me, the place would be like Epcot. Though, with an extreme twist.

Irishrbetter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like the carnival idea, I was thinking about that after my last trip. A carnival/county fair type. Or maybe one land could be a carnival, another could be a fair, another could be a medieval festival. The carnival would have your standard midway rides and games and food. The fair could have animals and farm equipment, a Midwest feel. The medieval could have a jousting ride and a medieval times restaurant. I love to know what you all think of this idea.

I've always wanted to be a scientist. That way, I could get a bunch of
    grants and do research into whether money can really buy happiness."
    - Kyannke.

Off property-1986
    Off property-1990
    Off property-1993
    AKL Concierge- May 2006
    I'll never stay off property again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast