Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Imagineering Discuss Disney's House of Mouse Ride in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by disneydame2004 Umm... Michael Eisner left Disney a year ago??? Bob Iger is the man to see - and John Lassetter. LMAO. That's what I was about to ...
    Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Umm... Michael Eisner left Disney a year ago??? Bob Iger is the man to see - and John Lassetter.
    LMAO. That's what I was about to say. DWT isn't a big Disney NEWS site is it? Haha.

I'll have more coming later this week, hopefully tonight. The track layout is going to be the hardest part so may take a few days to put together. Keep checking back.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Well, we'll give Fan a pass on that one, since he joined DWT well after that news was old. And heck, Eisner was 20 years in the top spot, sometimes it's hard to remember he's really out of there. At least until you see that show he has on the cable news channel.

Around here, we're LMMEO - Laughing my Mickey Ears Off. G-rated forums!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    You ready for Part Three of the update? This is the smallest update picture wise, but the pictures that are posted are probably the most important.

The ride vehicle is an advanced version of the Enhanced Movement Vehicle, which is used for the Indiana Jones Adventures and Dinosaur attractions. Unlike the other EMVs that can only rock side-to-side and forwards-and-backwards, the Advance EMV is also on a turntable that allows the body of the vehicle to do complete 360 rotations while moving along the track or while motionless. The vehicle sits three rows of four seats. Each vehicle has an on-board audio track in addition to the speakers mounted around the track.

The track is probably one of the most elaborate attraction tracks ever designed. Along the track there are twelve show scenes, including nine giant screens and eight animatronics, two of which are larger than 13'.

Attraction Rundown:
    (The full story can be read in post #1)
    • #1 - This is where riders board their cab. The area is themed to look like a town you might find in a cartoon. Toon music plays as an animatronic streetlight hums and sways back-and-forth to the music. We take off through a tunnel down a back alley and move to area...
    • #2 - We are stopped by the Disney Villains (our vehicle stops in front of a large screen). Scar is the first Villain we face as he jumps onto the hood of our cab and tries to take our head off with his large paws. Thanks to 3D effects it looks as if he is about to make contact. We can also feel light air sweeping across our face with every swipe he makes. Our cab spins in a circle throwing him off and burst through the alley wall into area...
    • #3 - We are speeding through a diner and see (animatronic) Huey, Duey and Louie sharing a tall chocolate milkshake. We can actually smell the chocolate as we drive through. Timon and Pumbaa are sitting at a table eating bugs and warn us that Scar is on our heels. We burst out the front door, sending the doors crashing open, which puts us in area...
    • #4 - Scar leaps over the car and lands on the front of our cab which causes our cab to shake (as our vehicle is stopped in front of a large screen). He has us blocked in and moves slowly towards us, before Simba comes leaping from out of nowhere and tackles Scar off of our cab. He tells us to get out of there so we speed off to area...
    • #5 - We are driving along a road with the ocean to our side. We have an encounter with Ursula (when our vehicle stops at another screen). She knocks us down a hill which causes the cab to spin and land in the water (we feel a light splash of water on our face) in area...
    • #6 - We feel the cab floating in the water (as the vehicle bobs forward-and-back). A giant Ursula rises from the water (on another screen) and picks us up (the vehicle simulations rising into the air). As we rise higher we get a good view of the big city. Ursula tilts our cab forward, looking down at her (a 13 foot animatronic comes out directly in front of our vehicle with life-like expressions). King Triton can be heard warning Ursula from below (which comes from a speaker below the vehicle). The Ursula animatronic looks down and interacts with the King Triton audio. King Triton uses his triton to blast Ursula which leads to loud noises and bright, gold light and Ursula crashes into the water as we feel the cab crash down into the water (we feel another blast of water). Triton swims off (his tail splashes water in our face). The cab floats into area...
    • #7 - Where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee row in front of us in their rowboat with a cannon on board (on another screen). He shoots at us but the cannon ball sails over our heads (we feel a large blast of air in our face) and Hook promises not to miss the next time. We hear the ticking noise of the crocodile swim around our boat and in front as Captain Hook is frightened and commands Smee to get him out of there. They take off with the crocodile chasing them. The room fills up with smoke and Peter Pan shows up through the "fog" offering to help us. He sprinkles us with Tinkerbell's pixie dust and we rise back up onto the road in area...
    • #8 - We drive into another back alley which happens to big pitch black (we stop in front of a screen). A bright blue light shows up in front of us (the room gradually gets brighter with a blue light lighting things up). Hades appears in front of us. His thumbs shoot a flame out (we feel the heat in our face). Hades then throws fire at us (the walls shoot out fire but our vehicle is pulled back to dodge the flames). Hercules saves us from the flames then hurls our cab into Hades. We speed off and turn some corners before coming into area...
    • #9 - Jafar appears in front of us (on another screen). He uses his septor to make us rise off of the street as he floats in front of us. We rise higher and higher above the roof tops. Aladdin races in on his magic carpet but Jafar drops us (vehicle spins away from the screen). Our cab is spinning out of control and falling head-first to the ground (into the next area).
    • #10 - (The vehicle goes into a round about and spinning in circles as the walls move to simulate falling.)
    • #11- (We stop in front of another screen where) Genie zooms in in front of us and turns himself into a giant whoopie cushion as a padding for us to land on. (The cushion lets out a large fart noise and we feel a huge blast of air in our face.) Genie flies off to help Aladdin face Jafar and we hear their battle in the background as we move into area...
    • #12 - Maleficent stops us (on a large screen). She turns into a dragon (on screen with a bunch of smoke pouring into the area). The dragon comes down from above the cab and starts snapping at our head (a 15 foot animatronic dragon head comes from the roof and stops a few feet above our heads). Mickey appears in front of us and the two battle it out (there are bright lights, loud noises, and rumbles as there is battle between an on-screen Mickey and the animatronic dragon). Maleficent has Mickey nearly defeated when a gang of Disney heroes shows up to help Mickey fight the unevenly matched battle. (Stitch, Simba and Beast look as if they leap off of the hood of our vehicle when the heroes run to fight the dragon Maleficent). Smoke is everywhere as we move into area...
    • #13 - We arrive at the theatre where Goofy, Donald, the princesses, and many other characters are waiting (on another screen). Mickey runs in and welcomes us. After a brief scene we move into area...
    • #14 - After finally making it, we exit the cab and enter the theatre.
    That's all for now. More will be posted soon.

Please remember that I worked hard on these and anything I post relating to Disney's House of Mouse Attraction may not be used without my permission. Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by Sledge; 09-19-2006 at 05:29 PM.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, hearing what you think would be great.

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i only have one question... when is it going to open!!!! WOW that is an amazing concept for a ride! i hope you can pitch this idea to an imagineer one day SOON!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I am sure that if this was pitched to an Imagineer, it could be developed. The whole concept is just brilliant!! Having ridden Superman, I can totally imagine how the ride would look and work - just what WDW needs!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i couldnt see the graphics or drawings before (my computer has issues) but now that i can, im even MORE impressed!!! and my 7 yr old critic gives you 2 thumbs up as well! WOW
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Woo hoo. Thanks guys. Once I finish this I'll probably make some more rides. This one still isn't done yet though. Maybe a website will come in a few weeks to make it easier to see.

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    This would be a pricey ride to make.

Probably about $100 million. Just for fun; Indiana Jones and Expedition: Everest both cost around $100 million. With Indiana Jones a lot of the budget was developing the EMV. In this case the design is just being updated.

You ready for Part Four of the update? Here is how the ride layout looks...

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ridete1.swf
    It may take a moment to load since it is a flash file.

If you have any questions about what is going on during certain parts, feel free to ask. Some of the effects are demonstrated here (water, wind, and fire).

That's all for now. A new ride will be started on shortly. Please visit this thread to give your imput and submit ideas.

Please remember that I worked hard on these and anything I post relating to Disney's House of Mouse Attraction may not be used without my permission. Thanks, guys.

MiamiguyinDRC is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow

Dude u are one talented guy. I would LOVE to see something like that. U really should follow up with it. I am not too familiar with the behind the scenes aspect of our company but man, that ride woukd be INCREDIBLE. I hope something comes out of it.
    If you like visiting, U should try working here .

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    i like Jafars part.
    #1 FAN

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiguyinDRC View Post
    Dude u are one talented guy. I would LOVE to see something like that. U really should follow up with it. I am not too familiar with the behind the scenes aspect of our company but man, that ride woukd be INCREDIBLE. I hope something comes out of it.
    I'm really not sure how to get us noticed or if they would even do anything other than say "Hey, that's some pretty cool fan art." I've always been creative but I don't know what else you need to do it for a living.

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I like the flash thingy...really cool.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast