Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Imagineering Discuss A Magic Kingdom Version of Fantasmic! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I think the Magic Kingdom should host a BIGGER and BETTER Version of the SMALL and kind of BORING MGM Studios Fantasmic! The Castle Forecourt Stage would be the perfect ...
    saxophone06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Only 690 Miles Away from the Magic Kingdom!

A Magic Kingdom Version of Fantasmic!

I think the Magic Kingdom should host a BIGGER and BETTER Version of the SMALL and kind of BORING MGM Studios Fantasmic! The Castle Forecourt Stage would be the perfect spot also. You could shoot SMALLER videos on to the Castle itself. (If you can shoot smaller projections on to it, why could you not shoot BIGGER ones on it.) At the finale, dicth the steamboat and have a Afterparty on the stage. When Mickey steps up on to the top of the 'stage' at Fantasmic! Theatre, he can see everything. So, why not let him step up onto the tallest deck of the Castle. You could add MORE Fireworks and LESS video clips. The dragon could be cut back to a head and part of its neck. So, it can stick itself out over the clock section of the castle. It could shoot the fire on to the laggon while the lagoons get shot with fire from the buildings. The BIG FINALE would include the finale music from the Wishes Fireworks Show. So, what do YOU think?
    Saxophone06
    To all to who come to this happy place,

Walt E. Disney, 1955
    Disneyland Opening Day

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    Cool idea but they should change the story up a bit.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    OK, here's my view...

I wouldn't consider the Studios version to be small by any stretch of the imagination. The theater can hold 8,000 people, and it is the longest nighttime show clocking in at just over 27 minutes, as compared to 13 for each IllumiNations and Wishes. The Castle wouldn't be a good surface for projections of the Fantasmic type...it's just not built that way, there's too many curves and edges. The reason that Fantasmic uses water screens is so that the animations can seem to interact with the live performers, and that wouldn't be achieved with the Castle. The "afterparty" idea is actually used in the Disneyland version when the Mark Twain is in rehab; I don't know if it's been used at WDW. Having Mickey at the tallest spire of the Castle would never work...it would completely ruin the forced perspective. During Wishes and Fantasy in the Sky, they don't illuminate Tinkerbell until she is about 5 feet away frm the castle - otherwise, you'd notice that she's WAY too big to really be up there. As for the dragon in the Castle, it might work, but space is extremely limited on the second floor with both the Royal Bedchamber and the Royal Table. Also, they'd have to perfectly time the fire breaths since the MK bodies of water are so small - if there was one small misfire, a tree or plant could easily catch on fire. I aslo think the image of a dragon coming out of Cinderella Castle would frighten children - the Castle is a very happy place, and then seeing a dragon coming out of it would kinda ruin it.

However, MK could host a Fantasmic-esque show on the Rivers of America like Disneyland does with their version of Fantasmic. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just stating my opinion on why I don't think they should do this.

But yes, we really need updated movie clips in the show.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Forget My "big" Idea

forget
    my
    own
    idea

Walt E. Disney, 1955
    Disneyland Opening Day

I've got it now! It could happen on the Rivers of America to avoid having an ampatheatre limiting efects. Fantasmic! could be a journey through the imagination and the Magic Kingdom park itself. The evil part could be a big party including all of the Disney Villans, deleting the dragon. (To reframe from scaring young kids.) The cartoons could be toned down a tad bit. The boats that carry the Disney Princesses could be updated to include a backgroung of each castle that they live in. Also, delete the 'jungle' and the 'Pocahontas' sections of the show and include a new 'Journey through the Kingdom' section. Sorcerer Mickey will be changed back to just Mickey Mouse, and also include Mickey too. At the end, All classic Disney characters have a huge party, deleting the dated Steamboat Willie. The characters could have their own separate boats that float along the Rivers of America. The finale could include plain Mickey coud appear on this rock formation that assends from the bottom of the Rivers of America. Wishes could still continue at the MK.

Walt E. Disney, 1955
    Disneyland Opening Day